Sign in to follow this  
joelpacheco

Unable to connect to the remote server

I’m getting the error message “Unable to connect to the remote server. Check your internet connection and try again.” when opening Pilot2ATC.

The log has only one line: “Program StartedPilot 2 ATC (P2A) - version 2.6.2.3_x64_R2  03/20/2022 00:02:44”

I uninstalled then reinstalled but still no luck. The computer has internet access. 

I also did a restore in case a windows update messed something up bit no luck either.

Any ideas for what I should try to make it work?

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2 

1 hour ago, joelpacheco said:

I’m getting the error message “Unable to connect to the remote server. Check your internet connection and try again.” when opening Pilot2ATC.

The log has only one line: “Program StartedPilot 2 ATC (P2A) - version 2.6.2.3_x64_R2  03/20/2022 00:02:44”

I uninstalled then reinstalled but still no luck. The computer has internet access. 

I also did a restore in case a windows update messed something up bit no luck either.

Any ideas for what I should try to make it work?

I'm getting the same....

Same here.  Started about 24 hours ago. 

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

When I said "same here" I meant that I am also not able to connect to the remote server.  I have had this problem before, just not for this long.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

Several users are reporting this problem, while most users are not having it.

The server itself is up and running, with many users not having the problem.

It seems to be an internet issue where some users are not able to get through to the server.

Dave

• Like 1

Thank you Dave.

I tried this morning and got the same error. That computer is only used for the simulator, it is either a Windows update or something external that changed.

My vote goes to the culprit being a Windows10 update but I don’t have any older restore point to try.

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2 

Dave, thanks.  I guess I am one of the unlucky few users that are having this problem.  Any suggestions?  My internet connection is good, and I haven't changed anything with internet settings on my end.  So I have no clue what could be causing it.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

This is baffling to me.  A few users are having the problem and most are not.  

My only guess is that something is preventing some users from navigating to the service.

If I find a solution, I will definitely post it here.

Dave

• Like 1

OK, I tried rebooting my PC and I also rebooted my internet modem and WiFi router.  But that didn't fix it.  

Dave, I have been installing all of your beta releases.  And for me this problem started right after I installed 2.6.3.0 Public Beta 2n.  So I got Beta 2m out of the recycle bin and reinstalled it.  But that didn't fix it either.

I had this problem once before, and the last time it happened I just restarted P2ATC and the problem went away.  But now its been almost 2 days and I am still having this problem.  This is really frustrating, and I don't know what else to try.  Would hate to end my relationship with P2ATC this way as up to now I have really enjoyed using the program. 

If anyone else with this problem finds a solution please post it here.

Thanks.    

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

Dear Gary, Dave,

i have also this problem. I switched off the firewall with no succsses.

I have no idea. It started also 2 days ago. It worked really great till now.

Ich have the latest Beta. But also with the regular version. Doesn't connect.

Thank you for your help.

Thomas

A user who had this problem the last couple of days has notified me that it has been resolved.
Please let me know if you are able to open P2A.

If not, please send me an email with your license key and I can provide a temporary solution. 

Do not post the request here.  It must be via email to admin@p2atc.com

Thanks,
Dave

• Like 1

I am having this issue. Posting here for posterity, but will email per your directions.

Hey Dave, per your direction I just sent you an email with my license key.

Thanks.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

I am having the same problem - Firewall rules are correct - Internet is obviously up and running since I am on this site - will send email with my license key as requested

• Like 1