Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Rotate MD-11 releases THIS THURSDAY (24th)

I've mentioned it in the preview thread but I think it's big enough news to justify it's own.

Rotate  have put out a video announcing their MD-11 is realising Thursday 24th March 2022.

Going to be quite a month or two (maybe 3) for tubeliner fans on all sims.

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 9

Cool

I like their MD-80. Looking forward to this.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

@Matchstick, while I am always happy and excited to see new and quality aircraft getting released for X-Plane... are you in any way affiliated with Rotate?

In other words - I don´t think there is the need to create (some may say spam) multiple posts for the exact same subject..

Edited by Janov

Impressive video! Does it come in anything else than cargo version? As far as I can see, it's only the freighter-version, which is presented in the video.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

To start trainning:

MD-11 COCKPIT SETUP - YouTube

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

X-Plane Reviews have published their assessment of the release version
https://xplanereviews.com/index.php?/forums/topic/6248-aircraft-review-mcdonnell-douglas-md-11-by-rotate/

TL;DR; Complex but rewarding - 

Here is another landmark simulation aircraft for the X-Plane Simulator. X-Plane users seemingly to have to wait forever for these iconic aircraft, but again in this case it has been well worth the wait. Big, heavy, complex, demanding and seriously rewarding. The Rotate MD-11 is all of these things and more, in systems and it's depth of simulation, this is again another level of realism and can get extremely addictive...   and it is absolutely another classic to enjoy most certainly...    and certainly very and highly recommended to own and fly.

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 1

From watching Capt Canada's stream ( yesterday ) I noticed:

- engine simulation apperas to be based on default XP11 jet/ turbofan simulation. The three are always in perfect sync too ;

- During initial climb, after AP engagement I see a slow but persistent wing rocking patern while following the route / "LNAV-ing" ;

- During approach the FD bars appear to command quite "out-of-path inputs". The "pilot" isn't following the FD at all, otherwise he would probably have ruined the landing ...

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thank you JCOMM, for your patience watching these endless streams en for sharing this info. 

• Like 2

One of the streams crashed to desktop on final. May have bug or 2 to sort out and some engine sound issues. Too quiet. Mind you to be expected.

Edited by mjrhealth

Yes, there will be a passenger version later on.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I guess would be prudent to wait for the passenger version with some possible systems bugs ironed by then.

Alexander Colka

It's released now a few hours ago. From what I can see, the passenger version will be a paid (reduced price) upgrade similiar to the Inibuilds A300/A310 scheme.

• Upvote 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020