Sign in to follow this  
Gate99

New version of LiveTraffic available !

Now I'm a but puzzled. I hust got the version 9 announcement main and read

• History traffic is now only available for professional subscriptions. Standard subscribers of course will still get realtime traffic.

While my version shot shows the time slider and I can shift it.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

7 minutes ago, pmb said:

While my version shot shows the time slider and I can shift it

Michael, the history function will still be available until your next subscription is due, as state in the RealTraffic release notes....

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

$120 is a bargain. One year of real life traffic for about a night out for 2. Can't beat that.....

Edited by Silicus
  • Like 2

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

More airplanes, faster data, better coverage! .................................more expensive

1 hour ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Absolutely! 

Use RealTraffic with AIG (free) and PSXT (free) for a simulator populated with real traffic for the whole world, including GA.  Gates at larger airports pre-populated with the correct airlines/aircraft.  Tuning into LiveATC.net lets you hear all the live traffic too!  Flying GA with Foreflight on the iPad is quite incredible when you fly under/over class B/C/D - departures/arrivals/taxiing aircraft are all visible in the controlled airspace.  Flying a pattern at a GA field with all the traffic actually there is great fun.

If random ATC chatter without the aircraft visible out the window is what you want, because its free, then that is great too.

Does this combination completely solve real world landings such that after they land they clear the runway at a real world pace, whereas currently in MSFS Real-Time Online traffic often will slow down to a very slow crawl and finally make it off the runway and on rare occasion have just flat out gotten stuck on the runway and the controller with command a Go Around.  Is this solved, and if so, which of the 3 softwares addresses this part?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

36 minutes ago, motishow said:

More airplanes, faster data, better coverage! .................................more expensive

No you have not read it well I think, exactly the same price for the standard edition. 

And if you find it too expensive, no problem, don't use it.

42 minutes ago, Noel said:

Does this combination completely solve real world landings such that after they land they clear the runway at a real world pace, whereas currently in MSFS Real-Time Online traffic often will slow down to a very slow crawl and finally make it off the runway and on rare occasion have just flat out gotten stuck on the runway and the controller with command a Go Around.  Is this solved, and if so, which of the 3 softwares addresses this part?

Yes that is of course no problem here. You see the ai aircraft behave as their real live counterparts.  PSXseeconTraffic + RealTraffic do that job.  The AI aircraft of AIG are just objects moved around bij PSXseeconTraffic. MSFS has nothing to do with it, it only is there for the scenery, and to provide the SimConnect interface that PSXT needs (just as it uses SimConnect in FSX and P3D for 5 years already ..............................................).

Edited by kiek

My only real complaint about the PSXT+RT is that my FPS tanks at larger airports due to the number or aircraft - still worth it though! 

Former Child, Current Adult

1 hour ago, pmb said:
  • History traffic is now only available for professional subscriptions. Standard subscribers of course will still get realtime traffic.

I took out a short standard subscription a few months ago and thoroughly enjoyed syncing LT to BigTV streams on Youtube via the (then included) 24 hours of history. 

Shame, but I don't think that I'll bother now it's gone...

Thought I'd give it a go. I purchased the one month subscription to real traffic and have succesfully managed to inject via PSXT as advertised. However I appear to be missing most, if not all, the liveries.  I use AIG and so have most airline liveries. How do I set up PSXT to pick up the AIG liveries ?

I took out a 3 month subscription around a month ago and have noticed that with the latest update the aircraft animations are a lot smoother now, and don't cut taxiway corners.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, mobeans10 said:

However I appear to be missing most, if not all, the liveries.  I use AIG and so have most airline liveries. How do I set up PSXT to pick up the AIG liveries ?

Pls use the dedicated PSXseeconTraffic forum if your have questions.

Edited by kiek

46 minutes ago, kiek said:

Pls use the dedicated PSXseeconTraffic forum if your have questions.

Thanks. Found the answer there. I had removed the AIG folder from my community as I wasn't currently using traffic.  Put it back and all good.

3 hours ago, kiek said:

Yes that is of course no problem here. You see the ai aircraft behave as their real live counterparts.  PSXseeconTraffic + RealTraffic do that job.  The AI aircraft of AIG are just objects moved around bij PSXseeconTraffic. MSFS has nothing to do with it, it only is there for the scenery, and to provide the SimConnect interface that PSXT needs (just as it uses SimConnect in FSX and P3D for 5 years already ..............................................).

Much obliged.  If I lose patience w/ Asobo for solving my primary concern, that being stalled traffic on runways on occasion, and also if and when they get around to bringing in some more authentic plane models which is a secondary consideration, I know where to look :o).   For me, the reality is in large part solved, except for these two issues, and of course there is no monthly payment, no troublesome installations.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

5 minutes ago, Noel said:

Much obliged.  If I lose patience w/ Asobo for solving my primary concern, that being stalled traffic on runways on occasion, and also if and when they get around to bringing in some more authentic plane models which is a secondary consideration, I know where to look :o).   

I am afraid the pressure on Jörg to deal with the models and notably the remaining yellow/white etc. liveries is relieving more and more to the extent excellent addon-packages becoming available. I don't recall when I saw them the last time, but it was long ago.

As a result, no one seems to even care of them in the Q&As anymore.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11