Sign in to follow this  
Klegran

Hotkey for Co-Pilot Respond/Change Frequencies

Hi there. Just got Pilot2Atc and am absolutely loving it.

First question: I see you can bind a hotkey/joystick input/button to the functionality to turn on/off the your automatic co-pilot handling the responses. But this also turns off them handing the switching of the radio, which most of the time I wish to keep one but not the other. Is there a way to decouple this functionality or perhaps even have two different inputs, one for each?

Second question: There is no feedback given to see which state the co-pilot is in, auto respond or ignore. You have to manually keep track of when you hit the button, which of course is double as hard if you hit the button by mistake and then become unaware of which response state the co-pilot is in. Would it be possible to get a que, a sound or some sort of visual indicator as to which state the toggle input changes the co-pilot to? I notice this audio acknowledgment pattern is utilize in other places within the tool, such as when you speak a recognized phrase. I believe this functionality would as well benefit from that same style acknowledgment (unless I've missed something that already exists to fill this role).

Thanks so much for the consideration!

Thanks for the post.  I went to check the behavior and found it had somehow gone dormant.  It will be fixed in the next beta.

It is also now set so that it only affects the "Responds to Radio" function, leaving the "Changes Frequencies" set to true.  

Probably an easier way to use the Copilot feature if you want to respond to most calls and only use the CoPilot for the tough ones is to check the "Changes Frequencies" option and then when you get a readback, like clearance, just press the SayIt button for that one readback.

There is no audible or visual indicator for this function, other than the check marks in Config.  I have added it to the list of possible future additions.

Dave

Ah of course! Using it in that way had not occurred to me because of the presence of blindable hotkey to that function so I figured I needed to preemtively tell the co-pilot to react instead of reactively doing so. That way makes far more sense, so thank you for the idea!

I do still see value in being able to just hand over complete control to the co-pilot if the workload is high, allowing you to have one less thing to do by using SayIt. But I think by in large, your solution will work for most use cases. 

Thanks so much for the quick reply and great tool! It's been a real joy to fly with.

Hi, sorry i'm bringing this topic up again, but having experienced it again today, it would be really great to be able to easily see the "respond to radio" status when you use the shortkey.