Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

Developer Q&A Live - March 23rd

Wonder if they'll spend more than 2 minutes on VR this time 🤔

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Vegetation options coming soon. Not a slider, but low to ultra, will control how far trees render and how dense they are. New visual option in dev mode to highlight trees to see them better for testing.

Italy and Malta is the May World Update. I missed everything, but a ton of city and suburb photogrammetry, new DEM for nearly every Italian state, updated sat imagery from 2021.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Vegetation options coming soon. Not a slider, but low to ultra, will control how far trees render and how dense they are. New visual option in dev mode to highlight trees to see them better for testing.

Italy and Malta is the May World Update. I missed everything, but a ton of city and suburb photogrammetry, new DEM for nearly every Italian state, updated sat imagery from 2021.

Did they say anything about tomorrow’s World Update? I mean, what will be covered/updated in the Iberian region? How many PG cities?

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

10 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

Did they say anything about tomorrow’s World Update? I mean, what will be covered/updated in the Iberian region? How many PG cities?

They showed a short version of the full trailer coming tomorrow but it only showed a few landmarks.

According to the January Q&A, 2M DEM for Spain, 6 Photogrammetry cities, 99 POIs and 4 Airports. He didn't say what cities or airports.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

Nothing on AI traffic... is it only me or does this smugly grin of Jörg getting a little bit annoying?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

9 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Nothing on AI traffic... is it only me or does this smugly grin of Jörg getting a little bit annoying?

Just let him grin, man.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Gee, he speaks well of you...🙄

• Like 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Dev Mode is getting a visual mode to show off the weather winds and such

B1mR4wt.png

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

Jorg just listed off the photogrammetry cities, but don't ask me to repeat them lol, once the YouTube video is up I'll link it.

If it is up before tomorrow that is.

Edited by Tuskin38

(Update): Full video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1434438816

Parts I caught so far:

The CFD simulation looks to be competed for SU9 (Seb's session starts at around 00:32:34 in video)... the Cessna 172 will have both the full prop physics and CFD simulation enabled by default (aircraft makers can enable/test/refine on their planes if they want).

Another new feature is more realistic aircraft body vs forces interactions simulation, with forces on the aircraft being handled more realistically (i.e. "squishy" bodies) as opposed to currently where bodies act very rigid, etc (00:37:50 in video).

Also improved dev tools for flight modelling, etc (improved forces dispay tool 00:34:32 in video, improved weight tool 00:35:17, stall debug tool 00:36:26)

(Updated) And world airflow improvements and new visualizations (i.e. updrafts, turbulance, etc) are coming starting in SU10 and onwards (on video Seb starts talking about it around 00:39:47). Both the CFD and improvements to air simulation visualizations look quite promising, especially when they all work together! Seb says that SU9 has this airflow without visualizations, so not sure if that means there are improvements coming in SU9 over what's already in SU8 apart from the coming visualizations or not. But at around 01:06:17 Seb seems to imply that further improvements to airflow are coming, especially to beef up proper glider simulation.

SU10 will start to add support for gliders

Some further clouds improvements in SU9 but no more details (if I heard that correctly)

SU9 beta coming soon, hopefully more clarity and details in the release notes.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 5

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Airports coming with Tomorrow's World Update

Andorra, Faro, Pico, and a 4th airport, which I can't make out what he was trying to say. Acajuna? Akahoona?

Edit: A Coruña, thanks Shack

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Airports coming with Tomorrow's World Update

Andorra, Faro, Pico, and a 4th airport, which I can't make out what he was trying to say. Acajuna? Akahoona?

A Coruña I think it was.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2