Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

Suggestion for Sexing Up Flight Log

I'd like to suggest a simple but fan enhancement to the in-sim Flight Log. As it stands now, all flights are showcased identically in the flight log. There is no special recognition or award shown in the log for a successful flight. Yes, the log does tally up your landings. But I'd like to offer a novel idea: If you fly using Real World Weather and in Real Time, and if you successfully takeoff and land your aircraft at the airport on your Flight Plan, then a small diamond -- or something like that -- should appear in the flight log along with the current information. It could be called a Diamond Flight -- or something like that.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Only problem with that is that the flight logbook (if that is what you are referring to) has been utterly broken since day 1. I would hope that one day in the distant future Asobo at least try to fix the logbooks basic functions before adding more stuff to break it further. But that’s just me.

But hey, ALL my flights are successful.😁

Edited by RaptyrOne
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

23 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

Only problem with that is that the flight logbook (if that is what you are referring to) has been utterly broken since day 1. I would hope that one day in the distant future Asobo at least try to fix the logbooks basic functions before adding more stuff to break it further. But that’s just me.

But hey, ALL my flights are successful.😁

I use Landing rate Monitor. It tracks everything about all your flights. I have flights from 8 years ago, that are still logged.  And it's free. https://www.lrmclient.org/

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

For me it’s a logbook and no diary or scratch book. So, nice idea but nothing for me. Just my 2 cents

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

On my side I would love a built in landing rating on the logs, with Gs, vertical speed, crosswind if present, etc...

I am aware that some freeware are available. but something merged inside the UI, would be awesome

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, DAD said:

For me it’s a logbook and no diary or scratch book. So, nice idea but nothing for me. Just my 2 cents

It records everything about your flight, plus there is a section where you can add comments, remarks, things about your love life, or whatever. 😉

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

32 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

It records everything about your flight, plus there is a section where you can add comments, remarks, things about your love life, or whatever. 😉

You mean the current default logbook? Never (double)clicked on an entry, is that what I need to do to see such details. I agree that those would be also of interest to me, my above post was rather referring to diamonds. 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I'd just like to see it work.....I just did 12 touch and goes at different airports and no landings at all were logged.

Edited by RodgerC
  • Like 2