Sign in to follow this  
mytree123

How to add ISG gauges into JustFlight's DC-10

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to get ISG gauges working for the DC-10 within Prepar3D for some time now. I followed the instructions (https://www.dropbox.com/s/huvhow2w1q4ypv4/JF_DC10_Install_Guide.pdf?dl=1) which outlines that after installation there should be a "DC1010.cfg, DC1030.cfg" file. Although I manage to install it into my root P3D folder I cannot seem to find any corresponding file. I have done the update from 187 to 189 Beta but there is still nothing there...

Can someone help me to make gauges in the DC-10 (ND,PFD, FMC, EHSI)? Thanks in advance!

Niels

36 minutes ago, Pitter said:

Integrated Simavionics -- Panel Retrofit Library (isgsim.com)

There are some packages for different DC10. 

Check it out

Peter

Hello! First of all: Thanks a lot for the preset. I assume you would just put it into the Panel folder of every variant within Simobjects/Aircraft/Variant/Panel. The problem is, that when I open P3D after doing so the gauges don't seem to work. I did do a backup of the Panel.cfg file so no worries but I would like it to work properly. Do you have any suggestions?

Niels

Edit: I got the ND working in the aircraft but I couldn't add the two FMCs. Can someone help me?

Edited by mytree123

Another issue I found: I cant open the main cargo door of the DC-10. It doesn't show up in the panel which is weird... any fixes to that?

10 hours ago, mytree123 said:

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to get ISG gauges working for the DC-10 within Prepar3D for some time now. I followed the instructions (https://www.dropbox.com/s/huvhow2w1q4ypv4/JF_DC10_Install_Guide.pdf?dl=1) which outlines that after installation there should be a "DC1010.cfg, DC1030.cfg" file. Although I manage to install it into my root P3D folder I cannot seem to find any corresponding file. I have done the update from 187 to 189 Beta but there is still nothing there...

Can someone help me to make gauges in the DC-10 (ND,PFD, FMC, EHSI)? Thanks in advance!

Niels

On page 4 of the installation guide there is a table with a bunch of links to required software packages.  The second link in the table is to the ZIP file that supports many of the customizations I've made to improve the DC-10 in P3Dv5.  Within that ZIP file is a subdirectory... ISG -> Aircraft.  Inside it are three starter ISG files for the DC1010, DC1030, and DC1040.  If you don't have them, make sure you've downloaded the latest package (which isn't that new these days...).

From there follow the document's instructions and paste them into the /Aircraft subdirectory of your ISG installation.  I have on my to-do list an update to the section for installing the ISG gauges, as they may install into a default FSX path which then requires you to copy some stuff around the ol' fashioned way.

6 hours ago, mytree123 said:

Another issue I found: I cant open the main cargo door of the DC-10. It doesn't show up in the panel which is weird... any fixes to that?

MAKE SURE you do not copy panels from the passenger DC-10 configurations to the freighters (-Fs)!  The door panel gauge is different for the freighters and includes the click-spots for opening the main cargo door.

14 hours ago, MammyJammy said:

MAKE SURE you do not copy panels from the passenger DC-10 configurations to the freighters (-Fs)!  The door panel gauge is different for the freighters and includes the click-spots for opening the main cargo door.

I fixed this problem but thank you!

14 hours ago, MammyJammy said:

On page 4 of the installation guide there is a table with a bunch of links to required software packages.  The second link in the table is to the ZIP file that supports many of the customizations I've made to improve the DC-10 in P3Dv5.  Within that ZIP file is a subdirectory... ISG -> Aircraft.  Inside it are three starter ISG files for the DC1010, DC1030, and DC1040.  If you don't have them, make sure you've downloaded the latest package (which isn't that new these days...).

From there follow the document's instructions and paste them into the /Aircraft subdirectory of your ISG installation.  I have on my to-do list an update to the section for installing the ISG gauges, as they may install into a default FSX path which then requires you to copy some stuff around the ol' fashioned way.

Thank you very much, I will definitely do that!