Sign in to follow this  
Guest byoung

SP1 Problem Please Help!

Guest byoung

I installed SP1 and now I launch and get the splash screen for awhile as it appears as FSX is loading, and then the spash screen disappears and FSX won't launch??? No Errors display. It is like FSX just exits??Any ideas?Thanks!

>I installed SP1 and now I launch and get the splash screen>for awhile as it appears as FSX is loading, and then the spash>screen disappears and FSX won't launch??? No Errors display. >It is like FSX just exits??>>Any ideas?>>Thanks!I had that happen pre-SP1. I had to delete (or rename) fsx.cfg, so that FSX restart would create a new one.Flt300zedit- I corrected "fsx.config" to "fsx.cfg" in aboveFlt300z

Guest byoung

It looks like it was FSCopilot.dll? How do I get rid of this?????Thanks!

Guest Hugo

I had the same issue with FScopilot V1.6 and FSInn V1.2. Solution, uninstall both and use FSCopilot V1.7 and FSInn V1.3. Works ok.Or just for a check, just move FSCopilot.dll out of the module folder to a temporary one. FSX should now start correctly. If you put it back FSX won't start again.Hope it helps, Hugo

This is *exactly* why my guidance was to install with no, repeat no, add-ons.

Guest byoung

Thanks Phil.I realize that a fresh install is always better. But just wanted to save some time. I will say I am impressed with the FPS increase. Hats off to ACES!When Active Sky X and some of the other addons are released, I will do a complete OS and FS re-install. Just don't have the time to do it now.Thanks to everyone for the advise. It looks like FSINN didn't do a good job cleaning up after itself for the uninstall.Thanks again!