Sign in to follow this  
RichieFly

MD 11 Video

Blackbox711 has a live video on YT going through the aircraft. 

For those interested in this aircraft. He's a pilot and very good at this.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Thanks for the head's up.

I watched Chewwy94 stream this aircraft today. I love the MD11, but this version had VNAV issues (in this case the STAR GIBBS4 into KIAD) and a stall at FL360 (Guessing it was icing? He was clear of clouds tho). I think it will be a very good aircraft if they can fix some issues (2 major issues I mentioned, another user said that LNAV was rocking the plane back and forth (I didn't see that), and some of the textures were a but unappealing).

Hope BB has a better go of it

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I've not watched much, but the LNAV problem(s) is ridiculous. I'll be waiting for further updates. 

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

How good is plane compared to PMDG MD-11.  I just want to know.  It looks like it all bells & whistles, I will probably uninstall FSX for good.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

It seems to have a lot of systems simulated and does failures via a drop down menu. With the VNAV issues and stall during cruise I don't think it can compare to the PMDG MD11 yet. It has some more cooking to do. However, IMO, if you really need an MD11, I think most of us could work the plane fairly well knowing that it will take a LOT of monitoring to not bust restrictions or stall at cruise.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I agree @SKEWR. I could fly it, although hand-flying for any length of time is pretty tiresome. 

I won't bash Rotate. They made a release decision and that's their business.

I'm sure I'll get it soon; after an update or two.

• Like 1

Richard Chafey

MSFS 2020, DCS

2 hours ago, Skywolf said:

How good is plane compared to PMDG MD-11.  I just want to know.  It looks like it all bells & whistles, I will probably uninstall FSX for good.

Keep your PMDG MD-11.  The Rotate MD-11 is very flawed.  It has problems with LNAV, VNAV, Autopilot, Trim, Brakes and Controls.  I am a very experienced computer pilot who was not able to complete a full flight.  It's a shame because the plane is beautiful.  They may fix it in the future.  Who knows?  For now, fly the PMDG bird and keep FSX.

Ed

• Like 1

Looking at the census "streamers" this was a rushed product after 4+ years?. Certain not better than their MD80 and the sounds and textures. Ugggg. Bad timing on their part and for 83 US? They should learn something from Inibuilds.

Edited by jbdbow1970

That is too bad. Was ready to support this eagerly awaited XP11 launch but I guess that money will be better spent on MSFS at this time.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

I wonder how many of you would like to work for 4 years and not get paid.The more people purchase it, the more testing gets done the quicker the bug fixes. They are not the only ones having FMS issues they are rather complicated. Of course if there are ant FMS programming experts out there, we would love to see your work.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

I wonder how many of you would like to work for 4 years and not get paid.The more people purchase it, the more testing gets done the quicker the bug fixes. They are not the only ones having FMS issues they are rather complicated. Of course if there are ant FMS programming experts out there, we would love to see your work.

While I understand the point you are making.

Myself however, is done with plowing money onto half finished projects. For my 85 USD, I expect a certain level of quality, which the Rotate MD-11 is not achieving at this moment.

Or let the devs be honest to us: call it paid beta, features will be added/fixed along the way.

I watched Blackbox stream last night. Plane did not capture the ILS, and it all went bonkers when he initiated a go-around. Lots of warnings/messages that should not be triggered at all.

• Upvote 7

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

8 hours ago, SAS443 said:

While I understand the point you are making.

Myself however, is done with plowing money onto half finished projects. For my 85 USD, I expect a certain level of quality, which the Rotate MD-11 is not achieving at this moment.

Or let the devs be honest to us: call it paid beta, features will be added/fixed along the way.

I watched Blackbox stream last night. Plane did not capture the ILS, and it all went bonkers when he initiated a go-around. Lots of warnings/messages that should not be triggered at all.

If you demand more complicated products you will pay more, that is your doing. Id hate to think how much this has cost them to produce. With the complication comes the bugs. If we dont support the developers, we wont have any. Youll have youselves to blame. Or maybe its what some want

• Like 3

On 3/24/2022 at 6:27 PM, Skywolf said:

How good is plane compared to PMDG MD-11

The VC textures are similar if as good as the 15yr old PMDG MD11 . The system modeling is way behind!

• Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 12:27 AM, Skywolf said:

The PMDG MD 11 is still a masterpiece. Although it’s quite old, the simulation is on top. It’s a fully working aircraft which resembles the real one very well. I have flown the MD11 in an Airline simulator and can compare.

Rotate released their version of the 11 too early with a lot of flaws. Just the obvious ones relate to problems with LNAV, VNAV, FMS speed dial, and heading, i.e. important auto pilot functions. But also other things such as displaying airports on the ND do not work properly. There’s no filter integrated and all airports of all sizes are displayed and fully clustered on the ND.

The official Lufthansa cargo livery has three different aircraft labels (exterior and in the cockpit). That is also an obvious flaw where I am wondering why this was not noticed prior to release.

The exterior textures are better than the PMDG ones. The VC textures however are not so much better, because there are also replacement textures in high resolution available for the PMDG MD-11.

Overall, the PMDG MD-11 must not hide even after so many years on an aged platform (FSX).

• Like 1

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

i bought the rotate md11 a couple days ago, there is a patch already for the aircraft. anyway  i did my first flight from memphis to atlanta without any issue's. all vnav and lnav worked fine for me, and i did a successful ILS landing and it was right on, with the only problem, which was human error, i forgot to arm the spoilers and i didn't have the reverse thrust mapped to any keys, so i used up all of the runway for landing. i personally don't like the flight deck textures, i wish there was an option for the flight deck to have newer textures, instead of 40 years of use. the textures are well done in my opinion, i just simply don't like them. i prefer slightly used cockpits, vs heavily used. the outside textures i have nothing bad to say at all, it's top notch from top to bottom. people are complaining about the cost of the aircraft. all developer's are charging too much, but rotate is just following everyone else. the price is worth it, because you get the plane for xplane 11 and x-plane 12 when it's released. i have no problem paying a small fee for the passenger version, as long as it's not over 25.00 or so. i don't think it would be worth anything more than that. i am just happy developer's are creating these planes for x-plane. i have shelved p3d, and i am just not a fan of MSFS. i bought it, i just don't like the user interface and the way controls have to be setup, so i fly x-plane 99 percent of the time. i tried many times to try and use MSFS, and i just don't like it.