Sign in to follow this  
RodgerC

PMS50 GTN 750

I'm kind of new to this GTN 750 and I was wondering if someone can tell me how to set it up correctly if I wanted to go to my local airport and practice flying an ILS.  I have no problem flying an ILS as long as it is set in a flight plan to another destination.  I just want to go and practice flying an ILS but no matter what I do I cannot get it to work at my local airport without setting a different destination.  In P3D I had no problem whatsoever setting up the ILS while doing transition at my local airport.  I have tried every way I can think of but nothing works.  What am I doing wrong??

11 minutes ago, RodgerC said:

I'm kind of new to this GTN 750 and I was wondering if someone can tell me how to set it up correctly if I wanted to go to my local airport and practice flying an ILS.  I have no problem flying an ILS as long as it is set in a flight plan to another destination.  I just want to go and practice flying an ILS but no matter what I do I cannot get it to work at my local airport without setting a different destination.  In P3D I had no problem whatsoever setting up the ILS while doing transition at my local airport.  I have tried every way I can think of but nothing works.  What am I doing wrong??

Yeah it's a downside of using the PMS version.  Still you should be able to do it.  Set departure destination the same and maybe add a VOR in between?  If that doesn't work set departure as another airport and yours as the destination.  Then press PROC and add the ILS.  Or you can skip the GTN entirely and just tune the localizer frequency and use the VOR/HSI on your aircraft to fly it.  You can find the frequencies on skyvector.com if flying USA.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just a PSA.

https://discord.com/channels/821149186229534731/847038799766880256

pms5003/20/2022

NEW GTN 750 RELEASE V2.1.20 See https://pms50.com/ - Bugfix: giving more time for the storage system to initialize. - WTT mode: User waypoints can be the direct To target. - Nxi 0.11.0 compatibility (requires a Nxi patch, check the documentation).

Currently, the Nxi v0.11.0 cannot communicate any more with the GTN750 because Working Title has changed the way to synchronize instruments and the new way doesn't work with the toolbar panels. We made a patch (as a package) for the G1000 Nxi 0.11.0 that fixes this issue. The patch restores the old sync mechanism without changing the new 0.11.0 features. Just install it in the community folder (only if your are using the G1000Nxi). DON'T FORGET TO REMOVE IT WHEN THE NEXT WT G1000 NXI IS AVAILABLE.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Yeah it's a downside of using the PMS version.  Still you should be able to do it.  Set departure destination the same and maybe add a VOR in between?  If that doesn't work set departure as another airport and yours as the destination.  Then press PROC and add the ILS.  Or you can skip the GTN entirely and just tune the localizer frequency and use the VOR/HSI on your aircraft to fly it.  You can find the frequencies on skyvector.com if flying USA.

I did try setting the departure and arrival as the same airport, but that didn't work.  Didn't think of adding a VOR in between.  I'll try your suggestions.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, RodgerC said:

I just want to go and practice flying an ILS but no matter what I do I cannot get it to work at my local airport without setting a different destination. 

As Ryan said, the PMS GTN uses the convoluted MSFS flight plan logic that does not allow a flight plan with Origin and Destination the same.  At least I have not found a way around it.

The TDS GTN uses the correct Garmin logic where you can click on the map and push Direct-to to get a flightplan to your current airport.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

1 minute ago, Bert Pieke said:

As Ryan said, the PMS GTN uses the convoluted MSFS flight plan logic that does not allow a flight plan with Origin and Destination the same.  At least I have not found a way around it.

The TDS GTN uses the correct Garmin logic where you can click on the map and push Direct-to to get a flightplan to your current airport.

Thanks Bert.

The PMS 50 GTN 750 works fairly well for me.  I don't get sophisticated, just set the destination and then track away from the destination until you reach the correct bearing to it.   

ns

• Like 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

18 minutes ago, Waldo Pepper said:

There are packages available for certain aircraft, which permit use of WTT technology instead of MSFS default with the GTN 750.

https://pms50.com/msfs/aircrafts/

Unfortunately that does not solve this particular problem.

Bert

I did have that issue if I wanted to change the flight plan but adding a waypoint in between did help in the past. I think that is on the to-do list? I can ask the dev.....

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414---FSS E175+P2006T---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C-22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Will it be in Simmarket the lifetime?, a pity, like the HYPE 145, hope someday.