Sign in to follow this  
paulsk

ORBX LPPT MSFS2020 and new World Update VIII

Hi, I just installed the new free MSFS2020 World Update VIII for Spain, Portugal, Gibraltar and Andorra. Earlier I bought from ORBX the Lisbon Intl Airport (LPPT) scenery. I live in Lisbon, PT. Since the new World Update there are 2 Cristo Reis. The old bridge 25 de Abril is also double. At the entrance of the estuary of Lisbon's river Tagus now appear two small mountains that suddenly disappear when you close in to them. ISee the screenshots belowspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Hmmm. While this isn’t really a P3D problem and therefore should be moved to the MSFS forum, my guess is that the ORBX LPPT and the World Update LPPT are conflicting with each other. Try uninstalling the ORBX package and see if that fixes it - or vice/versa. 

An updated version is already online at Orbx.

Michael 

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

8 hours ago, Iadbound said:

Hmmm. While this isn’t really a P3D problem and therefore should be moved to the MSFS forum, my guess is that the ORBX LPPT and the World Update LPPT are conflicting with each other. Try uninstalling the ORBX package and see if that fixes it - .

Edited by steve 86

I don´t see this issue. Check if you have installed those scenery packs related to Lisbon that are available for some time (at flightsim.to)  - these are likely the culprit of the anomalies you described.

Edmundo Azevedo

I did too have some addons from flightsim.to that produced a double Ponte 25 de Abril and other things after the update. 
Also, I have the ORBX LPPT.
 In my case, it seem to “flatten” scenery around and eastward from the airport. 
I’d say check for those remaining files if there in your community folder. 

But, Good to see there is an ORBX update. 
Really enjoying Lisbon now.  Can’t wait to get back there in person!  

Cheers,

RB

No update on simmarket for MK Studios LPPT so far...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

17 hours ago, Iadbound said:

Hmmm. While this isn’t really a P3D problem and therefore should be moved to the MSFS forum, my guess is that the ORBX LPPT and the World Update LPPT are conflicting with each other. Try uninstalling the ORBX package and see if that fixes it - or vice/versa. 

As far as I can see: I posted this in the right forum: 

10 hours ago, michaelth said:

Michael 

Thank you. I go to check it right away.

3 minutes ago, paulsk said:

As far as I can see: I posted this in the right forum: 

Sorry for the confusion.  When I answered, I was using my phone and it kept saying we were in the P3D forum.  I thought that was odd.  Anyway, glad it's working.

10 hours ago, michaelth said:

Michael 

I just updated ORBX LPPT for MSFS2020 and also re-installed the World Update VIII (in this order). The problem stays. Now deleted ORBX LPPT for MSFS2020 inside ORBX Central. 

11 hours ago, michaelth said:

Michael 

I deleted th OrBX LPPT for MSFS2020 again, using ORBX Central. Then I went to check in my G:\ORBX folder. There I saw the subfolder 'mkstudios-lppt-msfs' containing various .zip files. To be sure I renamed that folder to 'mkstudios-lppt-msfs_tmp'. Started MSFS2020 again. Problem of 2 Criso Reis and other strange things still there. I checked the MSFS2020 community folder. There is nothing of mkstudios. A search for 'lppt' resulted in no file(s) found. I rebooted my pc. Started MSFS2020 again. The 2 Cristo Reis etc. still there. I don't know what I have to do to get it cleaned up.

spacer.png

11 hours ago, ega said:

I don´t see this issue. Check if you have installed those scenery packs related to Lisbon that are available for some time (at flightsim.to)  - these are likely the culprit of the anomalies you described.

Thank you for this tip. I had installed what was named 'camiba-lisboa'. It still was listed in the MSFS Addons_Linker app. I de-selected it. I ran MSFS2020 again and: clean! So it was that camiba-lisboa addon. I re-installed ORBX MSFS2020 LPPT. Re-ran MSFS2020. All looks OK.

Edited by paulsk
additional info - added image

Means LPPT from MK Studios runs without issue even without the update, correct?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS