Sign in to follow this  
mwa05

RealTraffic 9.0.170

Hello Oliver,

RealTraffic has just released a new version 9 build and Lorby Live Traffic 3.03 b05_P3D_V5 does not seem to be able to read the data from the new version.

Unfortunately RealTraffic auto updates and I can’t revert back to the previous version to check whether the new version 9 is definitely the issue. It seems the issue is RealTraffic is sending the two digit airline code i.e JQ when Lorby Live Traffic uses the three digit ICAO code i.e JST. It was only when I selected Fill in traffic was I able to get a stream and the flight number column was showing JQ460 not JST460.

I hope you are keeping well?

Kind regards,

Mark

Edited by mwa05

Hello Mark,

What exactly is the issue? If I understand correctly, LLTX is unable to match aircraft models because RT is sending the IATA code now instead of ICAO? But that would be a problem in the aircraft.cfgs, because the airline is identified by ICAO in those, right?

Not sure what I can do - I am looking at the new spec, and that field is supposed to contain ICAO, not IATA. But it is a little unclear:

• Cs: the ICAO callsign (Emirates 413 = UAE413 in ICAO speak, = EK413 in IATA speak)

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Hi Oliver,

Yes, the IATA flight designator i.e.EK seems to be what is being sent by RealTraffic now rather than the ICAO designator i.e UAE.

So put another way, in LLTX, if I don’t have Fill in traffic selected, no flight is ever picked up. If I select Fill in traffic, I will get traffic but under the flight column, it will be QF1588 for example with the airline column showing unknown. Whereas before the update, the designator under the flight column would be QFA1588 and the airline column would be populated with Qantas.

When I look at the RealTraffic radar screen, the aircraft data now says for example QFA867 (QF867) B738 VH-VXE where as before the update, it would say QFA867 B738 VH-VXE. The (QF867) data seems to be is being sent to LLTX, and of course, that does not match the .cfg which is why the airline column says unknown and the aircraft will be the right type but a random airline i.e.my JQ743 (should be JST743) is a Vietnam Airlines A320 taxiing at the airport, rather than a Jetstar A320.

I hope that assists a bit more.

Thanks again, Mark

I've switched LLTX over to a different RT data format (there are several data streams running in parallel). That one has distinct fields for ICAO and IATA callsign, so hopefully this will be more stable.

Version 3.04 b01 is on the Lorby website now.

LORBY-SI

Hi Oliver,

Virtual beer, virtual High Five and a big thank you. Whatever you did, LLTX is now back in business..

Thanks again, Mark