Sign in to follow this  
RichieFly

C414 Comments

I finished a couple of flights and I wanted to say I really like it.

The expansion joins creaking after shutdown is a really nice touch.

I have most of fsw's aircraft and this is my favorite by far.

Thanks, FSW

Edited by RichieFly
I hate typos
  • Like 3

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I like it too, although the shimmering on the CFS 2000A fuel computer is really distracting... hopefully that can be fixed!

Bert

9 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I like it too, although the shimmering on the CFS 2000A fuel computer is really distracting... hopefully that can be fixed!

The shimmering on the fuel computer has been fixed for the next update.  😀

Al

• Like 1

I love this plane already. I have been waiting for this class of aircraft since the release of MSFS.

With all the details the devs did put into it, I have no worries the bugs will be taken care of.

It is high up there with the JF Arrow/Turbo Arrow, Milviz Porter and SWS Kodiak.

I've only had it for a couple of hours and I'm quite impressed.

However...

The spinners did not impress. They looked as is whoever put them on didn't tighten all the screws! They wobble so much I swear they were about to depart. Now I'm willing to admit it could be me at fault. Maybe there's something in the iPad that secures them. I couldn't find the darned thing! It did appear briefly with no display, I clicked on it in various places then it disappeared. I then spend a considerable time looking for the G-Spot. Failed miserably.

Very nice to fly, very convincing. A keeper. 

Different puppets...Same strings!

25 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

I've only had it for a couple of hours and I'm quite impressed.

However...

The spinners did not impress. They looked as is whoever put them on didn't tighten all the screws! They wobble so much I swear they were about to depart. Now I'm willing to admit it could be me at fault. Maybe there's something in the iPad that secures them. I couldn't find the darned thing! It did appear briefly with no display, I clicked on it in various places then it disappeared. I then spend a considerable time looking for the G-Spot. Failed miserably.

Very nice to fly, very convincing. A keeper. 

Regarding the "wobbly" spinners, try turning off the Sim's Blur effect if you have that on, and see if that helps.

Click on the upper section of the small triangular window to the pilot's left to pop up the EFB. Click on the little camera at the top of the EFB to hide it.

Al

Edited by ark

Nice. Good to hear that the fixes are in the works. Although we already knew that. How can we expect to update the aircraft? Does the set up exe that comes with the download automatically update? What version is currently on? 1.1?

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

13 hours ago, ark said:

Regarding the "wobbly" spinners, try turning off the Sim's Blur effect if you have that on, and see if that helps.

Click on the upper section of the small triangular window to the pilot's left to pop up the EFB. Click on the little camera at the top of the EFB to hide it.

Al

Turning off blur worked for the spinners but rendered the props to practically nothing but a yellow arc mid disc. Besides, turning stuff off shouldn't be an answer, when every other plane in the sim manages with them.

Thanks for pointing to the area on the glass. I wouldn't have found that in a million years. 😁

Different puppets...Same strings!

Really enjoying the airplane and apologies in advance as I'm about to geek out on your thread.  I'm sure this isn't easy to model but as a real world T310R owner with time in the 414, it would be amazing to work on the engine performance modeling to accurately reflect how these turbo charged engines behave at different mixture settings.  Most owners operate these airplanes at or near top of the green with the mixtures full forward throughout the climb for power and cooling.  In a turbo charged engine, regardless of the altitude, the power output/ fuel flow at any given combination of power, rpm and mixture setting is the same ie. there should not be a degradation in power or loss of fuel flow during the climb due to a lack of leaning because the turbo is maintaining the same air density in the engine all the way up to critical altitude at which point you will see drops in MP but only due to the limitations of the turbo.  In the sim I noted a drop in power during a climb to 10,000 feet even though my MP and RPM were constant and noticed the fuel flow had dropped to 3 GPH per side.  Once i leaned the engines the fuel flow actually increased as did the obvious power output.  In actuality the turbocharged engine is in essence a closed system so the engines don't care about changes in ambient pressure as they're maintaining their own atmosphere via the tubor charger.  Along those same lines, when leaning the engines in cruise, you shouldn't see an increase in fuel flow as you lean, any decrease in mixture setting is going to produce a corresponding decrease in FF just by it's nature.  You will increase power as the mixture gets closer to a max power ratio but the FF will always be decreasing on its way to that point and continue to decrease as you reach peak EGT/TIT and then transition to lean of peak, which is where I operate the T310R.  Modeling lean of peak at 16.5-18.5 GPH and 65% ish power would be awesome as well as that's how you get best cooling and range out of these engines in the real world.  Again apologies for the geek sesh and hopefully I'm not duplicating others comments that have already been made or issues you've already addressed.  Keep up the great work!

• Like 1

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

16 hours ago, Scrugcsc said:

it would be amazing to work on the engine performance modeling to accurately reflect how these turbo charged engines behave at different mixture settings. 

Unfortunately the base sim has terrible turbocharger simulation.  The dev is aware of the issue but until Asobo fixes it it's not going to work correctly.  He'd have to do external programming to make it work correctly.

Also thank you for your writeup - I'm a pilot but no turbocharger experience (except the cirrus but that's turbo normalized)

Edited by ryanbatc

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Is it just me.....I set the fuel computer prior to flight, it reads the proper volume of fuel, its shows the fuel burn, but the fuel on board never decreases......what am I doing wrong?

6 hours ago, Scrugcsc said:

Is it just me.....I set the fuel computer prior to flight, it reads the proper volume of fuel, its shows the fuel burn, but the fuel on board never decreases......what am I doing wrong?

No, it's not you. Its broken. I have faith FSW will have it ironed out.

• Like 1

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

If we are able to modify GPS equipment so easily, why not winglet removal -they are so much out of place. Blood pressure rises every time I look left from the cockpit.