Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

RDShade Released

I'd be curious to see how bright VCs can be with this.  Still hunting for modifications that can solve this issue in my sim.

Edited by CaptKornDog
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Is this product in any way connected with Matt Davies? It might be as they talk about PTA on their website.

2 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

I'd be curious to see how bright VCs can be with this.  Still hunting for modifications that can solve this issue in my sim.

Me too - that will be a real buying argument for me. So far, the demo video did not convinced me.

Gérard

I purchased this product to try and make the cockpit of the QW 787 lighter because at the moment i just find the VC on the aircraft way to dark.In my experiance the enhanced visuals it brings to the sim was worth the purchase,by sadly it did nothing to help with the dark VC especially the QW787.

Gary Jones.

• Like 1

Folks,

Do I need this software if my preferred visual mode for P3D is EA=ON, VolClouds = OFF?

4 hours ago, Benbo said:

...by sadly it did nothing to help with the dark VC especially the QW787.

I solved the cabin issue with a post in this forum. I don't remember where is it, but there is a link to the adjusted file here. The first tip.

https://www.chewwy94.co.uk/v5-settings.html

On the other hand I have a question about this new Shade. Does it affect performance? In pictures and videos I watched I can't see a big difference between a sim well customized and rdshade, but it could be to early to get a conclussion.

Edited by mdelacruzperu
little mistake in a word

Mario
------------
Hardware: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero + AMD 5900X, G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32Gb DDR4 3200MHz, MSI RTX 3080 Ti
Software: Windows 11, Prepar3D v5.3HF2

55 minutes ago, mdelacruzperu said:

On the other hand I have a question about this new Shade. Does it affect performance? In pictures and videos I watched I can't see a big difference between a sim well customized and rdshade, but it could be to early to get a conclussion.

Hi,Thanks for the tip and the link,hopefully i may be able to fly the QW787 again.For me i didnt see any performance drop once i installed it,i use one of the presets from the website and the visual improvement was instant.

Gary.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

I fixed all my way too dark cockpits with RDShade, will post sceenshot tonight 

Edited by ferrarirmc
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jjf said:

Is this product in any way connected with Matt Davies? It might be as they talk about PTA on their website.

Completely unrelated to Matt Davies, RD had a famous preset in the past for PTA, but they have nothing to do with that guy

5 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

Folks,

Do I need this software if my preferred visual mode for P3D is EA=ON, VolClouds = OFF?

Can be used with all different configs, EA ON/off with VC=ON/OFF or all original

• Like 1

On 3/26/2022 at 4:56 PM, Chapstick said:

Think I'm just going to wait for EnvPro to compare the two. 

Am I missing something here?

I know about the promised EnvPlus but have TOGA promised yet another variant (Pro) before they even deliver the 'Plus' ?

Or just a simple mix up with the name?

Cheers.

Edited by Sparkrite

19 minutes ago, Sparkrite said:

Am I missing something here?

I know about the promised EnvPlus but have TOGA promised yet another variant (Pro) before they even deliver the 'Plus' ?

Or just a simple mix up with the name?

Cheers.

That’s on me, I got the name wrong. Though I probably just gave them another product concept.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, 757FO said:

Is this product VR compatible? 

Thx

P3D doesn´t have any VR special shader files. So normally it must be VR compatible.

BUT: It has to be tested with VR. If not, issues can occur. I did not test and bought it, because I know P3D is always making a lot of shader changes. And after that, this produvt needs an update.

But that´s my opinion about shader enhancements. Everyone must follow his own path.

Regards

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

12 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

Here is a quick example I made, default P3D on both sides, only adjusted the cockpit brightness tweak in RDShade this case all other tweaks disabled. Left is default, right is with only cockpit brightness increased in RDShade.

spacer.png

Edited by ferrarirmc
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1