Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

RDShade Released

On 3/30/2022 at 6:09 PM, Patco Lch said:

The only acceptable tweek I found is I turn on the panel and background lights even in the day . That or turn EA off. I have all the TOGA stuff but just can’t get cockpit lighting to my liking.

That is what I do with the PMDG QOTSII. (Use the panel lights).

• Like 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

I've moved back to Envshade. Its doing the better job for my taste. Night time textures (water and terrain) looks werid with RDShade :( Probably they fix something in further versions, lets see :)

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

Any news on a permanent fix for the terrain issue in P3D4.5? It seems that when a new preset is applied that the GPU Terrain.fx file has to be manually inserted.

Cheers

Steve Hall

On 3/28/2022 at 8:10 PM, gaab said:

Me too - that will be a real buying argument for me. So far, the demo video did not convinced me.

Gérard

GAAB does not convince me either. I found the easiest and most effective fix for the VC dark cockpit syndrome was FSL Spotlights. You just set up the VC with some spotlights and lighten up the cockpit area which are adjustable via the edit function in FSL Spotlights including colourisation. Have not found it interferes with night lighting at all once you adjust stuff to suit. Easiest fix yet! Worked wonders for a number of really dark VCs' - the FR DC-4 in particular. Oh that and redoing the VC panel textures to lighten them up but that is a whole set of other problems. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My 2 cents: fixed aircraft cockpit brightness nicely for the FSLA320.

I like to keep SSAA running during the day, so using dynamic dome light was not something I preferred doing.

Works well.  Haven't explored other tweaks yet.

Cheers,
Rudy

21 hours ago, VHOJT said:

My 2 cents: fixed aircraft cockpit brightness nicely for the FSLA320.

I like to keep SSAA running during the day, so using dynamic dome light was not something I preferred doing.

Works well.  Haven't explored other tweaks yet.

Cheers,
Rudy

Same here; fixed the FSLA320 cockpit brightness - very happy with it

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof