Sign in to follow this  
mikealpha

download V2.3 ?

Hi Bryan,

is it still possible to get V2.3.  Or could you provide a download link ?

Too many issues in 2.4, e.g. the sparks issue. Also "Customize aircraft offsets" does not work, the X/Y/Z bars do not move in 2.4.

Would like to go back to 2.3.

Best regards

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Hey Mike,

On 3/27/2022 at 4:05 AM, mikealpha said:

is it still possible to get V2.3.  Or could you provide a download link ?

Not sure, i think for the link, I will need Bryan here, if there is anyone.

On 3/27/2022 at 4:05 AM, mikealpha said:

Too many issues in 2.4, e.g. the sparks issue. Also "Customize aircraft offsets" does not work, the X/Y/Z bars do not move in 2.4.

I just tested the "Customize aircraft offsets" in P3D and seems working on v2.4. What value does it shoes in the "Step increment (in meters)", field of the "Customize aircraft offsets" window?. If that field is "0.0" (or below/negative number) it won't move the arrows,to increment the value press the ">" button beside/to the right of the "Step increment (in meters)" value's field. Try that the value is at least "0.95".

To revert back to v2.3 functionability, check this post's thread below:

Check out this link

Cheers,

Manuel

Edited by Manuel82

spacer.png

As a contributor to the thread referenced, is the selection of "Create ground crew as vehicles" Unchecked/Unmarked considered the official fix or only a temporary fix?

I understand that essentially UGCX development has ceased, however for me (and seemingly mikealpha), v2.4 has been a backwards step in quality and usability. With all due respect, unchecking/unmarking that option does not revert functionality in the same way that actually occurred in v2.3. In v2.3 I was able to utilise GSX and UGCX together without conflict or additional steps. With that option checked, UGCX will not generate objects with GSX active meaning an additional step is now required prior to pushback. 

In the thread referenced, you alluded to potentially working on a fix to allow GSX and UGCX to function together as it did within v2.3 - is this still in the works?

Cheers,

The GSX fix to which you refer is in 2.4 Final.

Please ensure you're using 2.4 final.

If you bought via the FS2Crew website, you would simply log into your account on the legacy FS2Crew website, and re-download the setup installer via your account.

https://legacy.fs2crew.com/cart/

Cheers,

34 minutes ago, byork said:

The GSX fix to which you refer is in 2.4 Final.

Please ensure you're using 2.4 final.

If you bought via the FS2Crew website, you would simply log into your account on the legacy FS2Crew website, and re-download the setup installer via your account.

https://legacy.fs2crew.com/cart/

Cheers,

I just downloaded UGCX from the legacy website again and the installer is reporting: 

Version: 2.4 

Last Updated: January 31st 2022

This is before the date of the thread Manuel references above where we had the discussion about sparks and other issues with v2.4. There is no mention of "final" in the installer. The configuration manager reports the installed version as "Config Manager - Version 2.4" with no reference to "final."

52 minutes ago, byork said:

We'll it's the final one.  The one on the server is the latest 2.4.

As you can see the change log, you can see the GSX issue was resolved.

I appreciate that, however as I described in great length in the "sparks" thread, there are other significant issues introduced with v2.4 regarding the behaviour of the pushback tug. 

Manuel has said:

On 2/9/2022 at 4:45 AM, Manuel82 said:

The only problem is that if you use GSX, for example, if you request a ground service using GSX, UGCX objects will get killed/disappear. In other words, this option makes UGCX compatible with GSX in a way that GSX doesn't kills our simobjects while executing a GSX ground service. Some people likes to execute UGCX pushback and wait the tug to be connected and wait till GSX finishes all it's operations.

and

On 2/9/2022 at 4:45 AM, Manuel82 said:

However, the issues you are describing needs to be corrected, thats why I'm trying to collect and analyze them to provide a solution for those simobjects, in case, you want to use GSX and UGCX at the same time at the same moment.

Both of these comments are after "v2.4 final" seems to have been published.

The whole experience of v2.4 has been very disappointing compared to v2.3 and I'm imagining it's all of this why mikealpha requested an option to download v2.3.

Well, we gave Mike Alpha the 2.4 beta prior to releasing the final version of it and he said his GSX issue was solved in 2.4.

He personally tested it prior to the official launch back in January.

We'll have Manuel check your sparks issue.

Cheers,

Edited by byork

5 hours ago, byork said:

Well, we gave Mike Alpha the 2.4 beta prior to releasing the final version of it and he said his GSX issue was solved in 2.4.

He personally tested it prior to the official launch back in January.

I'll have to let him further address his issues. @mikealpha I'm gathering you didn't notice the spark issue during your beta test?

5 hours ago, byork said:

We'll have Manuel check your sparks issue.

It's more than just the sparks issue:

1. Sparks
  2. Whilst the actual pushback path is smooth, the tug is all over the place (as referenced and evidenced in the other thread)
  3. The inability to pre-position the pushback tug whilst GSX completes it's actions - this is a loss of core functionality over v2.3 

Hi Bryan and @pilot87

yes, I had 2.4 prior to release, but due to  health issues (I made you aware of that!!) I was unable to do any beta testing. I only VERY quickly tested if UGCX even starts with GSX active. That was the case. So no further testing done from my end. 

I can confirm the issues @pilot87

has reported. 

@Manuel82

In customize aircraft offsets none of the XYZ bars are moving, no matter which increment I choose. 

Edited by mikealpha

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Ok guys,

Just to confirm the main issues:

- Sparks on tug and people

- Bouncing people all around and tug

- tug's wheels hard left/right

These are the 3 basic main issues right?...as per what i understand this ONLY happens when the new option is "unchecked".

The option itself is not meant to be unchecked (when GSX present) then checked when GSX is inactive under the same session. The option was added to stay all the way either unchecked or checked, it wasn't designed to be unchecked then checked while in the simulation during the same simulation session. It's either unchecked from start to end of the simulation (with or without GSX present), or checked from start to end of the simulation. Just wanted to clarify that.

Regards,

Manuel

Edited by Manuel82

spacer.png