Sign in to follow this  
BostonJeremy77

Wing42 Boeing 247D - Pre-Release Full Flight

Hi all, 

I am happy to share my preview of the Wing42 Boeing 247D. In the half hour I cover a very short flight from start to finish - everything from load-in, startup, takeoff, landing, and night lighting showcase. This is on my brand new YouTube channel, so I hope you enjoy the preview. It's not meant to dive into the very detailed systems that are fully simulated - no failure coverage here, no radio navigation - those are separate topics to be covered at a later date. This is simply meant to give you a general overview of the experience. Please keep in mind that this is work in progress and things are subject to change prior to release! Cheers!

Wing42 Boeing 247D (MSFS): PRE-RELEASE Review and Full Flight - YouTube

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Great video. Good luck with your new channel. You got a new sub. 

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

23 minutes ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

Hi all, 

I am happy to share my preview of the Wing42 Boeing 247D. In the half hour I cover a very short flight from start to finish - everything from load-in, startup, takeoff, landing, and night lighting showcase. This is on my brand new YouTube channel, so I hope you enjoy the preview. It's not meant to dive into the very detailed systems that are fully simulated - no failure coverage here, no radio navigation - those are separate topics to be covered at a later date. This is simply meant to give you a general overview of the experience. Please keep in mind that this is work in progress and things are subject to change prior to release! Cheers!

Wing42 Boeing 247D (MSFS): PRE-RELEASE Review and Full Flight - YouTube

After a brief look, seems a great review looking forward to having the time to sit down and watch the whole thing.

All we need now is the ability to do night landings by overflying the runway and dropping flares first the way they did back in the day 😄

Good luck with the channel. I know from personal experience that it's a slog to get to that often coveted 1,000-plus subscriber level and the required number of channel views so you can earn revenue (don't expect to get rich though!). So I subscribed to your channel and I encourage everyone else to, in order to give him a bit of a boost. Keep up the videos; do them frequently, be honest in your opinions so that people respect your content (don't be afraid to be critical of a free review copy; you don't have to be mean, remember criticism can be constructive), get them out quickly so people watch your review first, and you'll get there.

Quick tips for gaining subscribers and views: Make sure you add plenty of relevant of keywords on the video so it flags on the youtube topic algorithms (include the incorrect spelling variations too, for example 'hangar' and 'hanger'), make a really easy to read thumbnail for the video so people can see what it covers from a quick glance at the thumbnail which appears on their sidebar (look at my vid thumbnails to get an idea about what works). This will encourage people to click on the video. Do your research on the real aeroplane so you come across as a knowledgeable source for stuff (if you know you have a review of some aeroplane you are not familiar with coming up, research it in advance so you can bang the video out quickly when you get to doing it and still appear knowledgeable about it). There are a number of youtube videos which have tips on how to make your content more 'clickable', and it is worth spending the time to watch a few of these to give you some pointers.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Let's see  yesterday was the Connie review and day before the Goose. A nice start for a channel !

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

4 hours ago, Chock said:

Good luck with the channel. I know from personal experience that it's a slog to get to that often coveted 1,000-plus subscriber level and the required number of channel views so you can earn revenue (don't expect to get rich though!). So I subscribed to your channel and I encourage everyone else to, in order to give him a bit of a boost. Keep up the videos; do them frequently, be honest in your opinions so that people respect your content (don't be afraid to be critical of a free review copy; you don't have to be mean, remember criticism can be constructive), get them out quickly so people watch your review first, and you'll get there.

Quick tips for gaining subscribers and views: Make sure you add plenty of relevant of keywords on the video so it flags on the youtube topic algorithms (include the incorrect spelling variations too, for example 'hangar' and 'hanger'), make a really easy to read thumbnail for the video so people can see what it covers from a quick glance at the thumbnail which appears on their sidebar (look at my vid thumbnails to get an idea about what works). This will encourage people to click on the video. Do your research on the real aeroplane so you come across as a knowledgeable source for stuff (if you know you have a review of some aeroplane you are not familiar with coming up, research it in advance so you can bang the video out quickly when you get to doing it and still appear knowledgeable about it). There are a number of youtube videos which have tips on how to make your content more 'clickable', and it is worth spending the time to watch a few of these to give you some pointers.

Thank you so very much for the pointers. The idea came to fruition only a couple of days ago and I am making gradual improvements as I go along - there is a new mic arriving today, this video had some audio filters for the first time and wasn’t captured with NVidia’s Experience, I am going to incorporate your suggestions as well! They are much appreciated. I have never minced words regarding things I don’t care for and I don’t expect that to change… ;)

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Chock said:

Now you're probably the only person in the world who knows how to handle an airliner gearpin AND how to become a successful youtuber.

Edited by Fiorentoni

6 hours ago, Chock said:

What happened to "Chuck's Hanger"? Really miss your In depth new aircraft reviews, they were the best! You did indeed do the research. Nothing since the Ju52/3m?

3 hours ago, Air1 said:

What happened to "Chuck's Hanger"? Really miss your In depth new aircraft reviews, they were the best! You did indeed do the research. Nothing since the Ju52/3m?

Still happening, but it's just so mad at work that I'm struggling to find the time to do stuff, because in addition to working, I'm also studying for some additional qualifications, which means when I get home from work, I'm then doing all kinds of study work too. To give you an idea of how mad it is, I worked from 10am yesterday until Midnight, which is a fourteen hour stint on the last day of a block of six days most of which were twelve hour shifts as well. And that was literally non-stop, no break-time at all; so you can probably imagine how tired I am today, especially since I wanted to go and see my mum today for a belated Mother's Day celebration since I could not get to her yesterday and in fact only just managed to find the time to phone her to let her know I'd be coming around the next day.

All of the companies at the airport are struggling to find staff and desperately trying to poach people off one another, and it's made worse by the fact that yesterday, most of the airlines went to their busier summer schedules; we worked on I think about thirty individual aeroplanes, including a new client, and of those thirty, I supervised and loaded I think fourteen of those those more or less all on my own, as well as working on another six or so doing other stuff too when I offered to stay for an additional two and a half hours up until Midnight to get some delayed aeroplanes out for departure. So if anyone in the UK near Manchester ever wanted to work in aviation, trust me, if you apply for a job there with pretty much anyone, they will probably rip your hand off with an employment offer, and it's the same at many other UK airports, where they are really desperate for staff.

At my employer (Menzies Aviation), it's because we've had seven people quit in the past week and a half and so are even more short staffed than we already were. I in fact handed my notice in at the start of this week too and had even accepted another job at the airport with DHL, but when my current employer learned of this, they went into 'oh my god!' mode to persuade me to stay. I actually like working at Menzies, it's a really great company, but I was just so frustrated at not progressing that I felt I had to do something. As it turned out, I was given assurances that I'd be given the opportunities I'd been promised for a long time which were always being put off (mostly stuff involving me getting a role as an instructor, which I want to do), if I retracted handing my notice in. I said I wanted this all in writing so I could hold them to it, and they basically bent over backwards to get me to stay by offering that, agreeing to everything I'd asked for and indeed more, and putting it all in writing for me as I'd requested, making it an actual contractual agreement. But of course that means I have to remain at my employer carrying a lot of the weight and return the favour by showing willing given the concessions they've offered me, so that means putting the hours in and carrying a lot of the load (sometimes literally, and I've got the aches and pains to prove it 🤣). I'm pleased to be staying at Menzies, as I really like the company, but there are some busy times ahead in the next moth or two, not least because of all the additional stuff I'll have to qualify on.

So as you can imagine, something has to give, and at the moment, as much as I love making flight sim reviews, it has to be this which is third on the list of priorities behind work and study, and occasionally fourth on the list (have to find time to play my guitars too sometimes, ha ha!) But, there is a review of the Big Radials Goose in progress and I am trying to get that out in a day or two with a bit of luck, providing I can get a bunch of my study work done. If you cannot wait for my Big Radials review, I can tell you that it is going to be a glowing one for sure, because that is a truly excellent add-on which I can (and will on the review) thoroughly recommend, so if anyone is on the fence about getting that thing, just don't even think about it, stop reading all this drivel from me and go and get it right now.

In saying all of this, I certainly don't want to put anyone off working in aviation. It's hard work and requires a genuine commitment given all the stuff you have to learn and all the exams you have to take etc, and there are better paid jobs out there I'll admit, but if you like aeroplanes, it's an interesting career to go for and does mean you end up with a job where you actually look forward to going to work and have a good laugh with everyone else who is in the same boat when the work gets tough. And you don't have to bother with a gym membership either, because you'll end up with muscles like Popeye just for doing the job; it'll give you a mental workout too. 😆

Edited by Chock
  • Like 5

Alan Bradbury

This thing has engine fires. First time I have seen it in  MSFS.

1 hour ago, Chock said:

but if you like aeroplanes, it's an interesting career to go for and does mean you end up with a job where you actually look forward to going to work and have a good laugh with everyone else who is in the same boat when the work gets tough. And you don't have to bother with a gym membership either, because you'll end up with muscles like Popeye just for doing the job; it'll give you a mental workout too. 😆 [edit]

Trust you won't work yourself 6' under the asphalt!

You may have said way back, but what is it you are now doing at Menzies?

& good luck with the study.

T45

WING42 NEW Boeing 247D PREVIEW - Microsoft Flight Simulator World Update 8 Spain - YouTube

Absolutely beautiful plane, there are 3 things that caught my eye :

1. engine sound level - it is hard to believe that those engines were so quiet.

2. little more vibrations on airframe would also be realistic.

3. prop disc is practically invisible

I think that plane is on my list, so fun to fly this old lady.

Artur 

12 hours ago, Treetops45 said:

You may have said way back, but what is it you are now doing at Menzies?

I'm supposed to be on the ramp, so that'd be doing load ups and offloads, driving stuff such as the lifters (which is what I'm doing on that first picture, where I'm loading an AKH container into the forward hold), belts etc, pushing the aeroplanes out, towing them about, headsetting them for engine start ups and so on. So, all this kind of thing:

EYkFePw.jpg

xtHwZNE.jpg

That's for BA, Aer Lingus/Emerald, Iberia, Vueling, Sun Express, Lufthansa Cargo, Loganair, Icelandair and a few other small airlines on occasion, plus we are allegedly going to be doing FlyBe again which is coming back after having gone bust a couple of years ago, so that'll be Dash 8 Q400s presumably, like the one you can see in the distance on that second pic. (ten points if you can tell me what is 'wrong' on that heritage BEA livery which was on a BA Airbus).

Normally it means working on A330s, A320s, A319s and A321s, Boeing 737s (NGs and Max), Boeing 757s, Embraer 135s, 145s, 170s and 190s, ATR 42s and 72s and very occasionally some other types such as the BAe 146/RJ, Metroliner or whatever. The unusual one out of all those types, is the new Lufthansa Cargo A321s, which are converted airliners that now have a double deck cargo interior which can fit PMCs and AKHs. These things are pretty complex to load, with stuff having to be shuffled around carefully in sequence to prevent the risk of tail-tipping from having too much cargo weight in the rear. This operation is unusual in that it is the Dispatcher who effectively works as the TL on those operations, supervising the load up sequence.

The Aer Lingus A330s also carry cargo on the bigger pallets as well as carrying AKEs, so it's both passenger and cargo operations on those things. Most of the time, that's working on the exterior of the aeroplanes and in the cargo holds, but sometimes we have to power the things up which might mean going on the flight deck and getting the thing running although theoretically we aren't really supposed to be responsible for that, but it does happen occasionally on BA Airbuses, which is why it was handy to have the FSL Labs A320, so I knew where all the switches were lol (flight sims really are useful sometimes).

We don't currently do  brake riding on tows either, which is where you sit in the cockpit and operate the brakes and some other systems for the tow in case the towbar breaks, but there was a rumour that we might have to do that as well; since I have an M permit which allows you to go on the taxiways with stuff and operate the radios to talk to ATC ground for aeroplane movements, I bet I'd get roped into that one as well if it did happen. With it now being the summer schedule, I expect there will be a lot more towing operations taking place, it certainly looked that way the other day, with a lot of aeroplane movements going on at Midnight, so who knows?

Because we are really short-staffed, whilst I am doing the above stuff, I'm presently one of only two people who can operate the newer SITA system for the aircraft loadups which has replaced the old ATEX-based BRS system, so I'm having to cover that too, which is not at all what I like doing but I'm usually the only one available who actually knows what he's doing with that system, so I get lumbered with it. In addition to that, I (theoretically at least) have to be on standby for de-icing operations too (not that I've been called upon much to do that), so that involves preparing and driving the de-icing truck and/or operating the spraying gear up in the basket. At some point I expect they'll want me to shove a broom up my jacksie and sweep the runways as I walk around. 🤣

Under normal circumstances with proper staffing levels, the above stuff I mentioned would actually be the jobs of several different people, but on the plus side of things, having to do all that has turned me into one of the more knowledgeable and skilled people there, and that's good for being a trainer, which is hopefully what I will be well on the way to becoming later this year if all goes well and we actually end up with some staff for me to train!

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

3 hours ago, Chock said:

(ten points if you can tell me what is 'wrong' on that heritage BEA livery which was on a BA Airbus).

BEA on the fuselage instead of door ?

No red on the wings ?