Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

LM/Nvidia - P3D Flightsim is going into the cloud - Article

Beau Hollis, from LM posted this on LinkedIn. I do not have any further information. But it is interesting:

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

So is this GEForce?  All I see is a few lines with no real info unless I'm missing something (most likely)  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

If they get this right it could be a game-changer. For big multi-PC setups, having it all virtualised in the cloud would potentially make building a commercial-level sim much easier, and it's really an extension of businesses moving other apps into the cloud. Imagine if they could also give you access to, say, all of Orbx's scenery in the cloud so you wouldn't have to install it. 

Also, MS now has MSFS running in Xbox Cloud Gaming. Gotta keep up with the competition!

I wonder if anyone on here attended the conference? Unlikely. The session looks like it's paywalled, but maybe LM will post a summary.

• Like 1

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

29 minutes ago, neilhewitt said:

The session looks like it's paywalled, but maybe LM will post a summary.

It's free

1 minute ago, Chapstick said:

It's free

Yeah, I spoke too soon 🙂

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

Game Pass Ultimate users can fly in MSFS without downloading instant play, this way you can have a very powerful virtual PC in the could running the sim with the latest tech.   

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg