Sign in to follow this  
Murat Deniz Senol

Loading Time Issues

Hello everyone. When i tried to load the colimata Concorde, it was saying "an airfoil is too old or corrupted", i converted all the airfoils to the latest Format via airfoil maker. I couldn't test with any other aircraft yet but with the Concorde, it takes hours to load and still couldn't get it completely loaded yet, and the last time the sim crashed... 

2 hours ago, Murat Deniz Senol said:

... it takes hours to load and still couldn't get it completely loaded yet, and the last time the sim crashed... 

Did you really waited for hours, to check, whether it loads completely? Respect 😉 ...

As usual, attaching the log.txt could help us to help. Or ... you ask your question in the respective forum. See you there ...

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

This typically happens when the download is either corrupted, or the files were not completely unzipped when you extracted them. Try extracting the contents again.

• Upvote 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

2 hours ago, uwespeed said:

Did you really waited for hours, to check, whether it loads completely? Respect 😉 ...

As usual, attaching the log.txt could help us to help. Or ... you ask your question in the respective forum. See you there ...

Yeah, i started loading the aircraft at almost 5am and it was still not completely loaded when i fell asleep at around 8:30am.

And please accept my apologizes, i am familiar with the fsx and p3d for years, in contrast i am pretty new to the xplane 11 so i don't know how to attach log.txt.

2 hours ago, uwespeed said:

Did you really waited for hours, to check, whether it loads completely? Respect 😉

Plus, i downloaded the 737 Max from Max team design Website, same airfoil issue. I did the airfoil Update again. Now it doesn't take that long but in either Concorde or max, in the middle of loading the sim crashes

We need you log.txt file from xplane folder. You have done something wrong if airfoils need updating.

Edited by mjrhealth

The log file is  in your X-Plane root folder. 

In the header you will see information like this.

log.txt for X-Plane 11.55r2 (build 115501 64-bit c22f0eb21d049f66fcba233c37e65c845605fc40)
 compiled on Jun 22 2021 17:23:07
X-Plane started on Wed Mar 30 19:24:38 2022

See if you can find any errors or warnings when it completes loading. 

NB: each time you start X-Plane, it overwrites the old logfile. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

5 hours ago, Jude Bradley said:

The log file is  in your X-Plane root folder. 

In the header you will see information like this.

log.txt for X-Plane 11.55r2 (build 115501 64-bit c22f0eb21d049f66fcba233c37e65c845605fc40)
 compiled on Jun 22 2021 17:23:07
X-Plane started on Wed Mar 30 19:24:38 2022

See if you can find any errors or warnings when it completes loading. 

NB: each time you start X-Plane, it overwrites the old logfile. 

Okay thanks! I will check it later because i can't use my computer now, the computer mechanic that i gave my laptop for cleaning has done something and now the computer doesn't get any electricity at all.. 

By the way i noticed that my xplane Version is kinda old, could it cause that problem? I didn't checked the updates before, if i update the xp11, will it help to fix my problem? 

How did you realize that you have an old version? Which version do you have? Uploading the log.txt would help and tell us.

But you don't REALLY want to get help, right? You were requested to upload the log.txt (and even described where to find it), or heading over the the Colimata subforum on the org and ask there. You did none of these, instead you only posted some weird questions/issues. Do you even have X-Plane installed? If so, you could easily upload the log.txt.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

9 minutes ago, uwespeed said:

How did you realize that you have an old version? Which version do you have? Uploading the log.txt would help and tell us.

But you don't REALLY want to get help, right? You were requested to upload the log.txt (and even described where to find it), or heading over the the Colimata subforum on the org and ask there. You did none of these, instead you only posted some weird questions/issues. Do you even have X-Plane installed? If so, you could easily upload the log.txt.

Sir, before being that offensive and blaming, can you try to understand people? I noticed that i am using an old version from a Screenshot that i took before, now my computer is in mechanic so how can you expect i put log.txt here? I am sorry but i don't have that technology yet! Yes i didn't ask in colimata forum yet because i am kinda busy with school stuff as well, this topic is in my "quick access" in my mobile browser so i ask here to get more advices and also i ask if any questions Come to my mind quickly, when i get my computer back, i will try all. And i promise i will get the technology of putting log.txt without having my computer with me asap!! 

Meanwhile I developed a sense to "smell" if something "stinks" or is a fake. You need try to understand - it's not the first time, I've seen things like here. And I'll tell you one example: in a (meanwhile closed) German flight sim forum there was a guy (MSFS f.nboy, but also using XP 11), who wanted to show that there's something fundamentally wrong with the XP11 plane modeling. He even produced a video to show it and it seemed he was right - although I knew it can't be this way. So ... I had a closer look and I realized that he cheated. So, I produced also a video with the cheat he used and indeed could reproduce his (cheated) result. Afterwards I switched back to uncheated conditions, and XP reacted like expected and correct. I uploaded my video and thus proved, this guy was wrong - I asked him to also do the test again under the same (uncheated) conditions like me and upload his video. Then, surprisingly his X-Plane didn't start any more (at least he claimed so). So, I asked him, to upload the log.txt, because even if XP doesn't start completely, there will be some entries, which could help to find the issues. Then, suprisingly, he had a harddrive failure. Too many coincidences ... This is only the short version - there were even more things where I asked him to upload or show this and that for verifying, but he always found "reasons" why he isn't able to do so.
So ... can you understand that I get sceptical?

Since when do you have problems with your computer?  Even if the screenshot you mentioned is on your problematic computer, I assume you remember having seen which exact version do you have. Which steps (menu items) did you go to find out which version you have?

Edited by uwespeed
typo
  • Like 1

Sorry for being late everyone to make an update about my situation. I was quite busy with my school stuff. Well as i said before i noticed that i was using an old version, finally i got time to update my sim to the latest version. And all problems disappeared! Now the Concorde (or should i call love of my life? :D) is working perfectly! I haven't tested the other planes that i had the same airfoil problem yet but since the problem was same, i believe the other planes will work too. Thanks for all your help and patience. 

Lol.

Thanks for leading everyone on a wild goose chase. Much ado about nothing.🙄