Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Barcelona El Prat - Runway designations changed

I've just discovered the main east/west runways at Barcelona - LEBL - have had their designations changed last Thursday.

They are now 24R / 06L and 24L / 06R. 02/20 is unchanged. The heading for the ILSs are unchanged..

Irrespective of whether you have a 3rd party airport or use the stock you should change the info using ADE.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Corrected runway headings
  • Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray , Thanks for the info. I have LEBL by simwings. How do you use ADE?

Just a lille side note btw. I know you meant the course/heading.

Thanks again Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Thanks. Just updated my LatinVFR scenery.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

Hi Ray , Thanks for the info. I have LEBL by simwings. How do you use ADE?

Just a lille side note btw. I know you meant the course/heading.

Thanks again Michael Moe 

How to use ADE would require quite a long post. 😉 Yes, I did mean heading. 

Since posting Ricardo (LatinVFR) has made an update available for MSFS with P3D to follow. I’m sure the others will update their versions.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

20 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I've just discovered the main east/west runways at Barcelona - LEBL - have had their designations changed last Thursday.

They are now 24R / 06L and 24L / 06R. 02/20 is unchanged. The heading for the ILSs is now 060 and 240.

Irrespective of whether you have a 3rd party airport or use the stock you should change the info using ADE.

Just to keep things right Ray, the runway QDM's and subsequent inbound courses are 244 and 064.

Gregg

28 minutes ago, GD5 said:

Just to keep things right Ray, the runway QDM's and subsequent inbound courses are 244 and 064.

Gregg

Agreed Gregg. I've changed the designations with ADE but didn't touch anything else. I've corrected my first post.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

26 minutes ago, hervesors said:

Here is another technique that may have some advantages (No BGL decompilation/compilation, sim compatibility, associated taxi signs, ILSs, approaches and terminal waypoint renumbering).

https://www.aero.sors.fr/documentation/Runway_Renumbering.pdf

Hervé

Thanks Ray for the heads up and thank you Hervé for the tutorial and also thank you for contributing to the flight sim community for so many years with your amazing navdata updates. I’m really grateful. 

19 minutes ago, Samaritano said:

Thanks Ray for the heads up and thank you Hervé for the tutorial and also thank you for contributing to the flight sim community for so many years with your amazing navdata updates. I’m really grateful. 

You’re welcome. If Herve is the gentleman who runs his website with AIRAC updates for P3D I would also like to express my appreciation. 👏

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, hervesors said:

Here is another technique that may have some advantages (No BGL decompilation/compilation, sim compatibility, associated taxi signs, ILSs, approaches and terminal waypoint renumbering).

https://www.aero.sors.fr/documentation/Runway_Renumbering.pdf

Hervé

Merci Hervé !

A much-improved and faster method of updating airport data.
As a long user of your nav data as well, a little donation was in order.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Surely aerosoft will be updating the afcad.  I mean we all know about the steller customer services provided by aerosoft, especially when it comes to afcads. 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

6 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

Surely aerosoft will be updating the afcad.

Remember Aerosoft are just the shop. If someone raises it on their forum they’ll probably ask the developer to update it.

The runway markings and signs also need changing so it’s more than just the AFCAD.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 3/28/2022 at 9:37 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

I have the same issue with Jorge Chávez in Lima (SPJC), normal runways are 15 and 33 but now navigraph shows 16 and 34. Probably, there should be more airports affected.

Mario
------------
Hardware: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero + AMD 5900X, G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32Gb DDR4 3200MHz, MSI RTX 3080 Ti
Software: Windows 11, Prepar3D v5.3HF2

34 minutes ago, mdelacruzperu said:

I have the same issue with Jorge Chávez in Lima (SPJC), normal runways are 15 and 33 but now navigraph shows 16 and 34. Probably, there should be more airports affected.

I found out purely by chance. I use Aivlasoft’s EFB and when planning a flight to Barcelona noticed the runways had changed.

I don’t know if there is anywhere where this info is recorded. It would be helpful.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

18 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I found out purely by chance. I use Aivlasoft’s EFB and when planning a flight to Barcelona noticed the runways had changed. I don’t know if there is anywhere where this info is recorded. It would be helpful.

I was searching the web to verify is there is an official change but didn't find anything, so I talked to a friend who is a pilot and work at a cargo company and he confirmed me that the change is official here in Peru.

• Upvote 1

Mario
------------
Hardware: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero + AMD 5900X, G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32Gb DDR4 3200MHz, MSI RTX 3080 Ti
Software: Windows 11, Prepar3D v5.3HF2