Sign in to follow this  
Roy Warren

Still won't load flight after reinstall

I selected my departure from the World Menu.  Clicked Fly.  Blue line gets about 3/4 across then slows to a crawl.  After ten minutes reaches one inch from the screen side.  Then nothing. Came back after an hour or so and it still was stopped.

Esc key or mouse doesn't do anything. Have to use Task Manager to close.  Tried a Discovery flight over the pyramids.  Same thing. Wouldn't complete the loading.

So I uninstalled sim, then reinstalled.  After four hours of installation, I tried again.  Same thing.  Plus my Community Folder is now empty and 63 files are uninstalled in the Content Manager.

Tried to install the US World Update in the Content Manager, thinking that might help.   It locked up after a few minutes saying PENDING. 

If anyone can help me on this I would appreciate it.  I can no longer use the sim.

Thank you,

Roy

I have the same exact problem for more than Month now since version VI updating to VII.

Task Manager under details, indicated " Flightsimulator.exe" not responding.

Probing further, it says Windows unable to access D:\XBOXgames\Contents\Flightsimulator.exe" due to permission not granted.

I have ownership of the folder

It all started with updating XBOXAPPServices.exe when it was asked

Updating MS Gaming Services and XBOX App still does not solve the problem

I have an open ticket with Zendesk trying to figure this out

I hope someone out there has a suggestion to what to do

Best

Bill

C:|mydocuments\mypictures\my signature.htm

I just tried to update the GarminNXi in the Content Manager.  It would not load a single byte. Said Pending. Nothing wrong with my internet connection to keep it from downloading. It downloaded my reinstall.

Also, before it said 63 updates needed.  Now it says 13, which is the real number.  Don't understand this.

Hope someone or Asobo can figure this out.

2 hours ago, Roy Warren said:

If anyone can help me on this I would appreciate it.  I can no longer use the sim.

What has worked for others when MSFS hangs during startup, is to shut down MSFS using task manager or CTRL-ALT-DEL and when next starting MSFS, select Safe Mode. After successful startup, shut down cleanly, using ESC etc..  That should reset everything, so you can start up MSFS again.

Bert

Thanks for the suggestion Bert, but I tried it and it didn't work.  It seems to me that I uninstalled the program, then reinstalled it, that I would have a fresh install, just like in the beginning.

But my settings all stayed the same and  my Logbook had all my flights. It appears to me that they just used the same buggy section of the program again.

How can I get a clean install?  I don't care if I lose my logbook and settings.  I just want to use the sim.

Roy

I get almost the exact issue sometimes, the second I hit “fly Now” it locks up. Doesn’t do any slow crawl. The screen stays pretty dim and doesn’t even do,any initial brightening which takes just a second or two. For me, this mainly happens when I use a custom livery on the Kodiak. The only other plane I’ve been flying is the Turbo Arrow, and that has never locked up like this, until last night!! Lol First time a flight loading with the Arrow did this. 

Edited by NismoRR

Most settings are stored online so they are restored even after a clean installation!
You might try the Profile Reset tool on Flight Simulator 2020 Profile Reset Tools » Microsoft Flight Simulator

You can also reset the simulator in Windows (Apps->Apps & features->Microsoft Flight Simulator) and further clean out related files in your profile.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

2 minutes ago, NismoRR said:

I get almost the exact issue sometimes, the second I hit “fly Now” it locks up. Doesn’t do any slow crawl. The screen stays pretty dim and doesn’t even do,any initial brightening which takes just a second or two. For me, this mainly happens when I use a custom livery on the Kodiak. The only other plane I’ve been flying is the Turbo Arrow, and that has never locked up like this, until last night!! Lol First time a flight loading with the Arrow did this. 

If the sim locks up after clicking on Fly Now it might be a conflict with an addon. For me it was the Global Ship AI traffic. I noticed MSFS only locked up when starting at an airport near sea/ocean and after some trials I confirmed this was the only addon that caused the sim to hang when loading a flight.
It might be another addon in your case though.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, orchestra_nl said:

If the sim locks up after clicking on Fly Now it might be a conflict with an addon. For me it was the Global Ship AI traffic. I noticed MSFS only locked up when starting at an airport near sea/ocean and after some trials I confirmed this was the only addon that caused the sim to hang when loading a flight.
It might be another addon in your case though.

That’s interesting as I use and LOVE Global Ship Traffic but last night’s issue with the Arrow happened at Jackson Hole, WY (KJAC). Will try flights without the add on and see how it goes. Will look for other potential conflicts though I keep my addons to a minimum for the most part. 

I haven't noticed the screen going dim, although the cockpits are darker now than before the last World update.  I did have a flight with the Monster Cub which is a STOL.  I went all the way down the runway and it never gained enough speed to rotate.  Same thing happened on a touch and go.  I slowed down to land then gave it full throttle and it never gained speed and eventually stalled. This happened with the P51D which is a strong engine and usually jumps off the runway. "Don't Sink, Don't Sink, Don't Sink"  Crash. 🙂

Roy

2 hours ago, NismoRR said:

Exactly what I've seen, with the dim screen. It's been driving me crazy, but I think in my case it's related to non-default liveries. For me launching a flight with the TBM many times would start to load, stall with dim screen, and never load. MSFS activity in Taskman drops to almost nothing and taskman says MSFS is not responding. I killed MSFS in taskman, restarted MSFS and loaded exactly the same flight but with the TBM in stock livery and it loaded right up. I'm going to do another test tonight to see if I can get a mod livery to load.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

6 hours ago, Roy Warren said:

I selected my departure from the World Menu.  Clicked Fly.  Blue line gets about 3/4 across then slows to a crawl.  After ten minutes reaches one inch from the screen side.  Then nothing. Came back after an hour or so and it still was stopped.

Esc key or mouse doesn't do anything. Have to use Task Manager to close.  Tried a Discovery flight over the pyramids.  Same thing. Wouldn't complete the loading.

So I uninstalled sim, then reinstalled.  After four hours of installation, I tried again.  Same thing.  Plus my Community Folder is now empty and 63 files are uninstalled in the Content Manager.

Tried to install the US World Update in the Content Manager, thinking that might help.   It locked up after a few minutes saying PENDING. 

Thank you,

Roy

Have you ever installed the Google map replacement addon? If so that's what  could be causing your issues. You have to go to your system32 file folder nd remove 2 internet server file entries.

Hope this helps

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

I have the Store Version, I deleted my CFG and EXE files, rebooted MSFS and problem solved.

Just a thought

Regards Brian

BJ from Oz

Big Mack you got it.  Thank you so much.

I have been using Google Maps since it came out. I'm still using the original 4.0.  I always open it before I launch the sim.  Got lazy for a quick flight and didn't open it and then I had the lockups.

While I was testing out all the different ways to fix this, I didn't open Google Maps.  I just now opened it and everything loaded just fine.

I'm no expert but I think that last little bit of loading is the Google Map replacement data.  It wasn't there, so it locked up.

Thanks again and thanks to you others that tried to help me.

Still don't know why Content Manager wouldn't download the files, but it's working now also.

Edited by Roy Warren

8 minutes ago, Roy Warren said:

Big Mack you got it.  Thank you so much.

I have been using Google Maps since it came out. I'm still using the original 4.0.  I always open it before I launch the sim.  Got lazy for a quick flight and didn't open it and then I had the lockups.

While I was testing out all the different ways to fix this, I didn't open Google Maps.  I just now opened it and everything loaded just fine.

I'm no expert but I think that last little bit of loading is the Google Map replacement data.  It wasn't there, so it locked up.

Thanks again and thanks to you others that tried to help me.

Still don't know why Content Manager wouldn't download the files, but it's working now also.

Hi Roy. I'm glad you got MSFS up and running again but I can't help but think it may be something else that was causing your issue. I've been using the Google replacement map add-on for about a month now and while I usually use it sometimes I don't and MSFS still runs fine without it.

Mark

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11