Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Roy Warren

Still won't load flight after reinstall

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Gate99 said:

Hi Roy. I'm glad you got MSFS up and running again but I can't help but think it may be something else that was causing your issue. I've been using the Google replacement map add-on for about a month now and while I usually use it sometimes I don't and MSFS still runs fine without it.

Mark

 

After I posted I was thinking along those same lines. I used the sim a year without Google Maps and everything worked fine.  Also If it was the problem It should have locked it up while it was on, not while it was off.  Also the Content Manager not working would not have anything to do with Google Maps.  Sounds more like it dropped receiving the data from the source.  In both cases it was trying to load data and couldn't get it.   I have no clue. 

Roy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, somiller said:

Exactly what I've seen, with the dim screen. It's been driving me crazy, but I think in my case it's related to non-default liveries. For me launching a flight with the TBM many times would start to load, stall with dim screen, and never load. MSFS activity in Taskman drops to almost nothing and taskman says MSFS is not responding. I killed MSFS in taskman, restarted MSFS and loaded exactly the same flight but with the TBM in stock livery and it loaded right up. I'm going to do another test tonight to see if I can get a mod livery to load.

So somiller, if you see what I wrote, we have the same issue. I said custom liveries with the Kodiak are problematic. You have it with the TBM. Doesn’t happen all the time. Tonight I stopped GAIST and tried the Fed Ex livery on the Kodiak and it loaded no issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gate99 said:

Hi Roy. I'm glad you got MSFS up and running again but I can't help but think it may be something else that was causing your issue. I've been using the Google replacement map add-on for about a month now and while I usually use it sometimes I don't and MSFS still runs fine without it.

Mark

 

 

Google maps makes a entry in the system32 drivers folder, when you shut down google maps, it should remove those entries so the next time you restart FS it will load without issues. If it don't remove those entries FS is looking for Asorbo servers to load content but it cant find the servers to link to because google maps change where to look. And it just stops or CTD. Glad Roy got his sim running again. I spent almost a week troubleshooting why my sim stopped loading or would CTD at certain point.

Edited by Bigmack

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 1TB SSD, 3 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, PD3 v5.2, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, NismoRR said:

I get almost the exact issue sometimes, the second I hit “fly Now” it locks up. Doesn’t do any slow crawl. The screen stays pretty dim and doesn’t even do,any initial brightening which takes just a second or two.

Have the same since a few hours in the default Cessna 172 (G1000) default livery. Try to start a flight from KTOA, but the second I click "Fly" , the loading screen appears in a dim state and everything stops. No activity in task manager anymore for flight simulator.

Have now removed any addon aircraft or improvement mods of default aircraft and tried again... no luck. *sigh*

Edited by MarioDonick

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bigmack said:

Google maps makes a entry in the system32 drivers folder, when you shut down google maps, it should remove those entries so the next time you restart FS it will load without issues. If it don't remove those entries FS is looking for Asorbo servers to load content but it cant find the servers to link to because google maps change where to look. And it just stops or CTD. Glad Roy got his sim running again. I spent almost a week troubleshooting why my sim stopped loading or would CTD at certain point.

Thanks for the heads up. I will keep an eye on this.

Mark

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MarioDonick said:

Have the same since a few hours in the default Cessna 172 (G1000) default livery. Try to start a flight from KTOA, but the second I click "Fly" , the loading screen appears in a dim state and everything stops. No activity in task manager anymore for flight simulator.

Have now removed any addon aircraft or improvement mods of default aircraft and tried again... no luck. *sigh*

Did you reboot the computer after the first lockup? Most times that helps me and enables the flight to load. 
 

These frequent lockups/CTDs for many are beyond frustrating more than a year and a half after release. I had minimal issues before SU8 and now all of a sudden I get relatively frequent lockups. I’m at the point where I’m almost expecting a lockup when I hit “Fly” which is a ridiculous mindset, on a new system built in January with no issues before the most recent SU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thing I  learned about reinstalls is that the original problems usually remain afterwards.

Good system maintenance habits and troubleshooting skills are the way to go.

ns

 


AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, baxterbj said:

I have the Store Version, I deleted my CFG and EXE files, rebooted MSFS and problem solved.

Just a thought

Regards Brian

BJ from Oz

Brian,

Specifically what CFG and EXE did you delete?


Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 ASUS ROG-STRIX GTX1070

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a post upthread about deleting .cfg and .EXE making the problem go away. I don't know which cfg or EXE was meant by the poster, but I deleted UserCfg.opt, launched MSFS and was able to load into VHHH RCTP in TBM with livery mod, which I was not able to do before.

Correction: Airport I tested loading into was RCTP, NOT VHHH.

Update: Just tried loading into the same airport this evening 3/29 and no go...progress bar quickly goes to about 1/3 complete, then dim screen, little/no cpu activity for MSFS and I'm stuck. I just don't get it!!


Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 ASUS ROG-STRIX GTX1070

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NismoRR said:

Did you reboot the computer after the first lockup? Most times that helps me and enables the flight to load. 

Hm no, but now, several hours later, I did reboot anyway, and had a very satisfying flight in the DA-62 (with improvement mod, and with WorkingTitle's G1000 NXi) from KTOA to KOAK, it was nearly perfect. MSFS 2020 is so awesome when it works.


Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, somiller said:

Brian,

Specifically what CFG and EXE did you delete?

The exe XML and UserCfg Opt file within the Localcache folder within Packages.

Regards Brian

PS: make a backup copy just incase this is not for you

BJ from Oz

Edited by baxterbj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...