Sign in to follow this  
ongara

Strange aircraft movements

Hello,

On today's flight from LGAV to LEMD i noticed me strange airplane movements. When the airplanes land at LGAV they touch down with full flaps and spoilers, roll out for a short while, than stops and roll backwards for a few seconds on the runway. They come to a hold and than move fast forward and move towards an exit and stay there. After a while they taxi to the gate but most of them disappear. The same thing happens on LEMD only there the aircrafts are sliding towards an exit. They stop and start taxiing just across the apron without following the taxi way hitting other planes and disappear. What could be the problem?

P3d v4.5  RT v9  PSX  v31.0.5 beta  AIGAIM traffic

Kind regards,

Sjon

Sometimes it is "Garbage in - Garbage out", see  the Disclaimer section 1.2 of the manual:

1.2      Disclaimer

The data coming from the RealTraffic is not always correct. This may lead to the following short-comings:

•  Sometimes aircraft do not land at the runway but in the fields …
  •  Some airlines/aircraft-types always seem to land besides the runway; as-if their ADS-B equipment is not sending the right info.
  •  Aircraft may disappear from the RealTraffic stream for more than 30 seconds which will lead to disappearance from your Flight Simulator while popping up again (a little) later.
  •  The ADS-B signal may become blocked by buildings at airports which leads to a temporary stop of a taxiing aircraft.
  •  Some airlines perform much better than other airlines.

• Like 1

Thanks, LEMD LGAV was always spot on but now aircrafts are not even taking a corner but slides to the center line. All corrections happens with slide sideways.  It looks more like ice skating. Sorry, just saying.

Kind regards,

Sjon

Yeah, I'm noticing a lot of this too. I don't know if it's just airline/aircraft specific, or if it's more related to certain airports...personally I think it's mostly airport related, as it seems to be worse or better depending on airport.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

2 hours ago, somiller said:

Yeah, I'm noticing a lot of this too. I don't know if it's just airline/aircraft specific, or if it's more related to certain airports...personally I think it's mostly airport related, as it seems to be worse or better depending on airport.

I'm seeing the same thing too tonight at RJFF using version 9 (.175)  of RT tonight

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

10 hours ago, somiller said:

It is caused by poor quality data streams, that may differ between airports.

And the sliding is caused by noise in the latitude/longitude data. Now (31) the aircraft keep their published heading you see this as sliding. In 30.3, when the heading was derived from the bearing from point to point,  you saw that as constant small (nervously) turns of the nose left/right. I prefer that aircraft keep their heading, it gives a much more stable view, especially from a  distance.

However I'm still searching for an algorithm that calcuates a smooth line through a series of latitude/longitude coordinates, but that is not a piece of cake

Edited by kiek
  • Like 4

Hi Nico,

Just reporting the same behavior here.  Taxiing was more stable with 30.3 . Unfortunately, since the upgrade, most aircrafts do taxi for  few seconds, before stopping for a moment, and then unrealistically accelerating/sliding/drifiting towards  the next position from ADS, hitting a couple of aircrafts and airport buildings in its way.  My impression is that version 30.3 seemed to deal better with ADS noise and data loss, at least at CYUL.  

I understand that the new version is ideal when we have a good ADS stream, but when it's not the case , 30.3 is doing better at handling that, for now.

Thanks again for your work!

Amine.

Edited by vcaptain747
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vcaptain747 said:

Just reporting the same behavior here.  Taxiing was more stable with 30.3 . Unfortunately, since the upgrade, most aircrafts do taxi for  few seconds, before stopping for a moment, and then unrealistically accelerating/sliding/drifiting towards  the next position from ADS, hitting a couple of aircrafts and airport buildings in its way. 

Strange, I do not see that at all the airports I visit.. Thx to the 2 seconds update I could filter out (wrong) short stops. The taxiing goes much better in 31.0.

Well it is still a beta, I have to put in place some more algorithms (like in 30.3).

Try 31.0.7-beta, you will see less sliding when aircraft taxi straight.

Edited by kiek

Thanks again for your reply and effort to make the software better. I am at LFPG and aircrafts are slipping sideways to get back to the taxi centerline. Taking corners has nothing to do anymore with taxiing.  All taxiing planes are stopping, moving and speeding like an arrow. Right now a Emirates 380 is parking at the gate C2 but completely on line CFW and sliding onto line C2 now parked but hitting the jetway with his wing. I see planes coming in and as soon the hit the runway the stop, move backwards stop and wait, then speed like an arrow, stop at an exit and start sliding. A triple 7 is about to take off, stands still and then with 50 meters is is taking off? it hovers almost vertical for a few seconds and strats to climb but not like it was before smooth. Yesterday on LEMD is see planes about to take of turn 360 degrees on the spot, nose the wrong way, turn and take off like an circus act. This what I experience since the updates (is it timing?). I hope you find the spirit to help solve this but for now I will stop because I am about to cry. that's not okay for an somewhat older person. 

P3D v4.5  PSX 31.0.7 beta  RT v9

Regards, Sjon

I think unfortunately this all stems from the Real Traffic changes. It was all nice and stable until Version 9 and now I feel like we are going to be into a significant troubleshooting phase.I know both PSX and Real Traffic designers just want to keep moving forward and always striving for better aspects to the product, a result of that will always be some hiccups on the way which hopefully can be ironed out soon.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ongara said:

Thanks again for your reply and effort to make the software better. I am at LFPG and aircrafts are slipping sideways to get back to the taxi centerline. Taking corners has nothing to do anymore with taxiing.  All taxiing planes are stopping, moving and speeding like an arrow. Right now a Emirates 380 is parking at the gate C2 but completely on line CFW and sliding onto line C2 now parked but hitting the jetway with his wing. I see planes coming in and as soon the hit the runway the stop, move backwards stop and wait, then speed like an arrow, stop at an exit and start sliding. A triple 7 is about to take off, stands still and then with 50 meters is is taking off? it hovers almost vertical for a few seconds and strats to climb but not like it was before smooth. Yesterday on LEMD is see planes about to take of turn 360 degrees on the spot, nose the wrong way, turn and take off like an circus act. This what I experience since the updates (is it timing?). I hope you find the spirit to help solve this but for now I will stop because I am about to cry. that's not okay for an somewhat older person. 

P3D v4.5  PSX 31.0.7 beta  RT v9

Regards, Sjon

Hi Sjon,

You can still use 30.3 with v9.

In the mean time I plan to make a merge of 30.3 and 31.0. For good data streams (5 decimals and so on) it will act as 31.0 and for poor quality data streams I'll put the algorithms of 30.3 back in.

Regards,

Nico

Edited by kiek

11 hours ago, christinney said:

I think unfortunately this all stems from the Real Traffic changes. It was all nice and stable until Version 9 and now I feel like we are going to be into a significant troubleshooting phase.I know both PSX and Real Traffic designers just want to keep moving forward and always striving for better aspects to the product, a result of that will always be some hiccups on the way which hopefully can be ironed out soon.

See https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/616929-strange-aircraft-movements/?tab=comments#comment-4746073

I welcome the evolution of both Realtraffic and PSXseecontraffic, even if there are some hickups along the way. As I've come to know, both developers are really dedicated and are providing a great immersion to our simulators. I hope this will continue.

As for the data-streams, I think it's a great solution to differenciate between the 5 vs 4 decimal streams. As said in another post, the not so great stream was re-added to provide more ground coverage. I think it's a good compromise.

• Like 2

Evaluating the 31.0.7 version at EKCH where the left-right nose turns disappeared but the sliding effect is quite present. Furthermore does it appears to be so that the transponder stream disappear for a while and the aircraft freeze until it suddenly move quite dramatically sideways to a new position. This seems to be typical for certain positions at the airport.

For me 31.0.7 is working fine on P3D.  The only thing which doesn't work fine are take-offs, planes are often taking off very steeply, almost vertically and then holding altitude for a while until they climb further. Also then the nose trim is stabilized. 

I think this is because the data stream sometimes gives an altitude of +11, +19 ft  and then after a while it becomes +200, +450 etc.    Maybe it's possible to create an algorithm which considers the plane airborne only when the altitude is >+100ft or something?