Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

TrackIR w/FBW

Based on my other thread, I went ahead and took a stab at buying TrackIR with the Pro Clip.  At first try, it seems way too sensitive / head movements move too quickly when flying in the FBW.  Are there any settings/profiles that are recommended with the FBWA320.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Edited by Zimmerbz

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

I don't have any profiles that will work with anyone else (probably) because I set mine up to allow more head turn on the left side as my 79 year age restricts movement in that direction.  The profiles are easily set up to your own preferences and, if you work with it for a while, you will get a tailor made setting.  Also, make sure that there is no light source from behind you.  That will really mess things up.  No lamps or unshaded windows.  Take a little time to set it up and it works great.  Good Luck!

• Upvote 1

John Wingold

Are there any good tips or tutorials out there?  I am trying to mess around but I can't get it centered and everything is out of whack

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Youtube is you tutor. 

• Like 2

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

On the settings screen, there are two places to set each movement (Yaw, Pitch, etc).  Make sure that you have both of them on the same movement - ie - Yaw.  Move your head around in (for yaw) left to right movements and adjust the paths to get (in my setup) 180 degrees.  Once you get that "path" set move on to the next one - again making sure both windows read the same ie Pitch.  By default, it is "mirrowed" but you can uncheck that and have different movement amounts in each direction.  Once you have gotten them all where you want them, be sure to turn them all on and name the profile and save it with the save icon.  Takes a while and you can go back and correct, but worth your time.

John Wingold

22 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Are there any good tips or tutorials out there?  I am trying to mess around but I can't get it centered and everything is out of whack

This is the one that worked for me.

• Like 1

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

I use this profile and works very well... search for Seth - Flight.xml file... i dont know how to share that file here sorry

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

4 minutes ago, vonduck said:

I use this profile and works very well... search for Seth - Flight.xml file... i dont know how to share that file here sorry

I"ll check these out.  How do you install them?

I dug up an old profile called "FS2004 Optimised Flight", which can be found online still. This worked great. Also the Seth one is excellent too although I haven't used it. You copy the XML file into the profiles directory I believe. Not on my fs pc at the moment.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

8 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

I"ll check these out.  How do you install them?

Some profiles, like the one from Seth, can be found in this thread on the naturalpoint forums
To install them simply place the xml file in your profile folder. This is probably in C:\users\xxxx\\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint\TrackIR 5\Profiles\

After starting TrackIR you should be able to select which profile you want to use for which application. It is also recommended to setup buttons or keys for Pause and Centre since these are the most used.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Can you toggle TrackIR on and off during flight?  I found that entering things in the MCDU, using the overhead panel, and pedestal was difficult with it on.  What do most of you do?   I felt like i was straining my neck!

27 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Can you toggle TrackIR on and off during flight?  I found that entering things in the MCDU, using the overhead panel, and pedestal was difficult with it on.  What do most of you do?   I felt like i was straining my neck!

Look at what you are adjusting and press the pause key. If you need to look up higher , look down and while doing that hit the center key, then look up. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

21 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Can you toggle TrackIR on and off during flight?

Yes you can. I think default keys are F10/F11/F12 to toggle pause view and reset view. If you have a mouse with a side button, assign pause view to that. It makes clicking and turning knobs easy without trying to hold your head dead still or reaching for a pause button on the keyboard all the time.

Keep at it, once you get used to it, which won’t take long, you will never want to fly without it.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor