Sign in to follow this  
Scimiter

DC Designs Concorde on sale.

1 hour ago, pmplayer said:

To bad, but allways the same with this SU Updates but to be honest, these updates are getting on my nerves and I'll be glad if it ends at some point..

cheers 😉

So we can go back to having a dead and broken platform like FSX was for 10 years....Yea sounds awesome lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

The worst part of this seems to be Asobo were told through the correct channels about the issue according to the report on FSElite. Yet still went ahead.

Edited by Car147

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

27 minutes ago, z06z33 said:

So we can go back to having a dead and broken platform like FSX was for 10 years....Yea sounds awesome lol

You say "dead and broken", and yet this enabled third party developers to relax, and create better and better products without having to worry about updates breaking them every five minutes. There are pros and cons to everything, but a stable platform has its advantages.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

48 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

I disagree, though this might not be the right place to discuss that. I’ll admit there have been a lot of setbacks and not every update has gone the way I wish they would have. But we are leaps and bounds better off than at release. This sim is much more stable and better performing now and with an sdk that has also come a long ways though does admittedly have yet a long ways to go.

Please allow me to expound.

Every thread is a good place to discuss updates and the detrimental effects that they are having on the enjoyment of this sim. I can care less about the improvements made to the SDK.

I care about performance and that has gone down. Live weather depiction is still not fixed and the clouds were better before SU5. ATC is worse today. AI traffic is still not working right. They have added sceneries & airports, but some payware airports have been negatively affected by the world updates. They even affected the watermasks & introduced spikes in mountainous areas. So they fixed some default aircraft bugs. I don't fly default aircraft. So IMO, they have done very little to improve the core sim.

They have had 9 tries and a year and a half to improve this sim. I hope I don't have to wait another 8 years because I might not be around to enjoy it.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

Please allow me to expound.

Every thread is a good place to discuss updates and the detrimental effects that they are having on the enjoyment of this sim. I can care less about the improvements made to the SDK.

I care about performance and that has gone down. Live weather depiction is still not fixed and the clouds were better before SU5. ATC is worse today. AI traffic is still not working right. They have added sceneries & airports, but some payware airports have been negatively affected by the world updates. They even affected the watermasks & introduced spikes in mountainous areas. So they fixed some default aircraft bugs. I don't fly default aircraft. So IMO, they have done very little to improve the core sim.

They have had 9 tries and a year and a half to improve this sim. I hope I don't have to wait another 8 years because I might not be around to enjoy it.

You say you don’t care about the sdk but at the same time you don’t fly default aircraft. Development of the sdk is critical to third party development. I think the sdk should have been more developed at launch so that they could work more on improving the core sim, but regardless it’s a necessity. I’ve noticed an improvement in performance overall from release. I’m sure it’s hardware dependent and there have been fluctuations up and down from update to update. But overall from release it’s improved.

• Like 1

Update now available.

Thanks DC Designs.

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

6 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Update now available.

Thanks DC Designs.

Yes, Thank you, very fast 👍

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

PS: in the thread over at the official forums, those that have fixed the fuel system might post some additional improvements even before it will be included in an upcoming update, so have a look over there if you do not mind manipulating the corresponding files on your own:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/released-on-pc-and-xbox-dc-designs-aerospatiale-bac-concorde/453230/1934

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

On 4/27/2022 at 10:23 AM, z06z33 said:

Could you imagine if MS/Asobo allowed SUs to be optional?😂

How many entitled complaints and bug reports of "OMG I'm getting CTD, stutter and broken weather.... MS/Asobo please fix, I'm on SU4 mmkay thanks"🤣

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

1 hour ago, blueshark747 said:

Could you imagine if MS/Asobo allowed SUs to be optional?😂

How many entitled complaints and bug reports of "OMG I'm getting CTD, stutter and broken weather.... MS/Asobo please fix, I'm on SU4 mmkay thanks"🤣

I know P3D tends to have fewer updates and they are optional, but my god you always had to expect to not be able to use almost any third party addons for at least a month. I dreaded those updates much more than the msfs updates.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 10:53 AM, Christopher Low said:

There are pros and cons to everything, but a stable platform has its advantages.

Trust  me there was nothing "stable" about FSX.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JasonPC said:

I know P3D tends to have fewer updates and they are optional, but my god you always had to expect to not be able to use almost any third party addons for at least a month. I dreaded those updates much more than the msfs updates.

This!

I DO NOT miss the the P3D whole number updates. Guaranteed to lose a third party addon every time and have to wait on dev to fix compatibility.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

1 hour ago, JasonPC said:

Huh? Those updates were optional, so you could use your third party addon with the previous version until it gets update. I NEVER had to suspend flying on P3D because of an update, I always waited a couple of days. So I don't get your logic.
Apart from that FSL was the only major dev that usually took more than a couple of hours until they patched up to the new update/hotfix.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Trust  me there was nothing "stable" about FSX.

I dunno, for me the CTD frequency was quite stable...  😉

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Huh? Those updates were optional, so you could use your third party addon with the previous version until it gets update. I NEVER had to suspend flying on P3D because of an update, I always waited a couple of days. So I don't get your logic.
Apart from that FSL was the only major dev that usually took more than a couple of hours until they patched up to the new update/hotfix.

The first thing I said is that they were optional…I still stand by my statement though.

Edited by JasonPC
  • Like 1