Sign in to follow this  
Noel

How can I reprogram Ctrl-number views?

I do set the Alt-number views per my pref (setting each w/ Ctrl-Alt-number, but the ones set per plane by the dev that are activated w/ Ctrl-number--how can I reprogram those for specific views?

Thanks an advance!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

By using keyboard shortcuts. 

For example: Right-Control + (NumPad) 0 = set X view; (Numpad) 0 = X view. Ctrl+1 (for me) = set pilot's view; pressing 1 = sitting in the pilot's seat. 4 = closeup of primary instruments etc. Use all 9 numbers + 0 for ten handy pre-set views. 

So this really is not re-programming the one's coded by the developer.  Instead you are creating a different set of views, correct?  I'll try it thanks!  Do you know if it's also possible to re-set the one's coded by the developer, which are brought up in-sim by hitting the Left Ctrl+number(s)?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Rt-Ctrl + a numpad number does not produce the new view when hitting that number.  Any guesses as to why?

Noel

3 minutes ago, Noel said:

Rt-Ctrl + a numpad number does not produce the new view when hitting that number.  Any guesses as to why?

I think you were right when you asked the question, the pre programmed views can only be set by the developer. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I think you were right when you asked the question, the pre programmed views can only be set by the developer. 

I found a Cameras.cfg for the plane wanted to change default views on but I don't have the patience to decipher it.

Noel

Set your view and press CTRL-ALT- number. After that ALT-number will bring up the view that you set.

• Like 2

Tom

12 hours ago, Noel said:

My apologies, I should have made it clear that you need to set this up via Keyboard Prefences. In your Keyboard Prefences window set 'Save Custom Camera 1' to (right) Control + (NumPad) 1. Repeat for 2 through 0. 

Then use your keyboard controls to move your 'eyepoint' (camera) to a find a desired position, then press (right) Control + (for example) NumPad 1 to save. Press NumPad 1 to recall that position. You will find that you often have to press the NumPad number for your pilot's viewpoint twice to get to that view, but this becomes second nature. Also, when you set the pilot's position it's best to work from the default (F) position before you save. I find that when I make a small adjustment to my usual eyepoint position it won't save correctly. 

This data is indeed saved to a cameras.cfg file (make a backup of this, when MSFS goes belly up and you need to reinstall then this will probably be lost). Adjusting the cameras.cfg file is only for those with infinite patience and time. 

Another video here you can explore: 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tjrush said:

Set your view and press CTRL-ALT- number. After that ALT-number will bring up the view that you set.

Thanks, been doing that since Day 1.  Just was asking if it is possible to change the default values for CTRL+number, not using ALT for this.  I found a camera.cfg for each plane and that would need to be edited directly, apparently.

Noel

18 hours ago, Noel said:

I found a Cameras.cfg for the plane wanted to change default views on but I don't have the patience to decipher it.

For that file for those aircraft you can access and modify, the only changes I have made are to modify the Camera Definition numbers so the Control-Key combinations that I assign to some yoke switches change to views that are consistent from aircraft to aircraft.  So for example I may modify the Cameras.cfg files so that a view of the respective fuel selector levers is consistent from aircraft to aircraft, and thus create common use of that yoke button. 

All that is necessary is to renumber to match that Ctrl-Key combination, making sure you do not leave or make double use of a cameradefinition #.  I do this to create yoke button consistency for the best close in view of the PFD, of the MFD, of the Fuel Selectors, of the lights switches, etc.  In the examples below I have swapped the numbers  for the Avionics Switches and the Navcom Panel and swapped the numbers for the Engine Controls and the Fuel Selectors.

Not all aircraft provide consistent camera views.  The SMS Kodiak 100 for instance does not have a defined definition of a squared-up close-in view of the MFD.  So for that view in the Kodiak I assign an Alt-Key combination like others have referred to is this topic.

[CAMERADEFINITION.0]
Title="Pilot"

[CAMERADEFINITION.1]
Title="Close Pilot"

[CAMERADEFINITION.2]
Title="Landing Pilot"

[CAMERADEFINITION.3]
Title="Copilot"

[CAMERADEFINITION.5]
Title="Avionics - Switches - Parking Brake"

[CAMERADEFINITION.4]
Title="NAVCOM Panel "

[CAMERADEFINITION.7]
Title="Engine Controls"

[CAMERADEFINITION.6]
Title="Fuel Selectors"

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I know this is an older topic but hopefully someone can help me with this.  I am still struggling to assign custom cockpit views for my instruments.  In the PMDG it comes with perfect instrument view shortcuts to the number pad.   I am currently trying to set my own up for the A310.  Using the CTRL+ALT+number it does not save the spot that I aimed the cockpit camera as it says it should.  I went thru the keyboard profile and made sure there were no conflicting assignments.  I deleted all the number assignments that were in there so that I could create my own.  Does anyone know what could be the hangup with my method of achieving this?   

Thanks,

I presume you are using the number keys on the top row of the keyboard, and not the numbers on the keypad. If using the keypad numbers, the numlock key has to be correctly set. 

Make sure to use the reset view keys whenever things aren't going well.

reset fixed camera F

reset cockpit camera CNTL SPACE  F

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

You can take both commands reset cockpit camera and reset fixed camera and assign them to the same key or controller button. Press the key and both commands will be sent to the sim. It will reset everything. 

I use one button to send all these 3 commands simultaneously:

Reset Cockpit view

Reset Drone Target Offset

Reset External view

so, that one key will reset the view in all 3 modes cockpit, external, and drone modes. (Reset Drone Target offset puts the drone view back right behind the plane). It's easy to remember one key or button, it is my dedicated reset button which works for everything.

• Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

4 hours ago, Fielder said:

I presume you are using the number keys on the top row of the keyboard, and not the numbers on the keypad. If using the keypad numbers, the numlock key has to be correctly set. 

Make sure to use the reset view keys whenever things aren't going well.

reset fixed camera F

reset cockpit camera CNTL SPACE  F

yea i got the view reset to captains POV as you have described.  And I have been attempting to assign the number pad keys, not the numbers above the letters.  And my keyboard doesnt even have a num lock button.  It's a very basic cheap keyboard that comes with the PC