Sign in to follow this  
turbomax

Sim Update 9 Beta available to join in the next few hours

The Sim Update 9 Beta will be available to join in the next few hours, and the build will be available to download at some point during the day on April 1st. To join this public test, please see the instructions below for your preferred platform.

WHAT TO KNOW BEFORE YOU JOIN 

MS Store PC Users: There is always a risk that you may have to re-install the sim when joining/leaving a flight, so please keep this in mind before participating. When the flight ends, we ask that you manually remove yourself from the Preview. By doing so, you will get an update to MSFS with the latest public build. If you do not remove yourself from the group, we plan on automatically removing everyone on May 3rd. At that point, you will get an update to MSFS with the latest public build.

If you have MSFS content installed completely on a custom path, you will have a much lower chance that a full re-install will be necessary when the update is officially released. However, if your sim content is installed in the default path selected by the in-game content manager, you may have to reinstall the whole sim when moving from the test build to the public build. We recommend that those who wish to test with us ensure your sim content is located in a custom path before joining the flight to avoid full reinstallations in the future (Details on how to do this can be found here.) The best set up would be for your store app to live on the default C drive and sim content on a custom drive.

Please remember if you decide to join the Beta and install the build, you will likely have to re-install your sim if you wish to leave the Beta before it ends.

There will be a public forum area to submit feedback and test the release notes on Friday, April 1st, so please stay tuned until then.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/blog-march-31-2022-development-update/508088

spacer.png

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

FWIW, I've done the last two beta versions and HAVE NOT HAD TO REINSTALL Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 at the end of the beta. I bought the Store version and have it installed in E:\MSFS.

• Like 2

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

WARNING SU9: Beta fools day ahead 😀

• Like 5

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

33 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

FWIW, I've done the last two beta versions and HAVE NOT HAD TO REINSTALL Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 at the end of the beta. I bought the Store version and have it installed in E:\MSFS.

Did you leave those betas early? They are talking about that scenario specifically. Besides, just because an issue didn't happen to you doesn't mean it hasn't / won't happen to you or others, it's good to mention the potential pitfalls isn't it.

I've had to reinstall twice so far, but hey... 3rd time's the charm so I'll be in. 

• Like 5

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

I'll skip this one - I'm all beta'd out.

• Like 6

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I have joined every MSFS beta that has been offered. So far I have never had to do a re-install.  I have the Store version, but I keep my main MSFS folder on a separate SSD.

I have been prompted a few times, once the beta finished, it wants to re-install everything to the default MSFS path, but as long as you make sure you redirect it to your custom MSFS folder, before hitting OK, it sees all the files and does not do a re-install.  

I suspect this has happened to several users, and they end up with two installations. 

But there is always a first time, so having a backup of your main MSFS folder would save you the long downloads again.

• Like 7

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, rickjake said:

So far I have never had to do a re-install. ... but as long as you make sure you redirect it to your custom MSFS folder, before hitting OK, it sees all the files and does not do a re-install. 

just what the doctor ordered!

Edited by turbomax

very nice.

2 hours ago, Freq_flyer44 said:

Did you leave those betas early?

I did not leave the betas "early," but I did leave before MS/Asobo closed everything down and forced simmers out of the beta.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

1 hour ago, Ridvan Celik said:

Anyone have the list of what’s in this beta? 

Tomorrow when it goes live.

Cue the dozens of posters telling us they are definitely not going to join the beta. Ha ha. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

insider avail, same here but I'm hesitating to click on anything on the 1st of April 😄

• Like 1