Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Main differences between Justflight’s and Fslabs Concorde?

I have flown fslabs concorde quite a lot a few years back and found great pleasure learning all the systems. Could someone try to sum up the main practical differences between these two products? I know fslabs is more study sim, but how does Justflight hold up in comparison? What main parts dont work in jf? Fuel system? Ins?

im on holiday in Spain and cant purchase it yet to find out for my self. 🙂

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Fuel system should be fully functional according to developer DC-Design. (fuel transfer logic, CG balancing)

No INS, you have a custom "vintage" FMC interface which uses default(?) flightplanner I think.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

16 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

and also probably what would realistically happen if the concorde was still flying 😉

Yes they would not have been able to go near Heathrow with that ancient set-up nowadays. Sure the INS might have your exact position, updated from not one but two different VOR/DME's. So far so good, but for the Concorde that old INS also drove the AFCS and would perhaps fail waypoint sequencing/turn anticipation requirements.

I was involved in betatesting a popular INS (Delco Carousel) for flightsim and getting the accurate WPT sequencing/turn anticipation correct was a challenge. It was designed for enroute high speed leg-sequencing that began sometimes 10nm away. Which is not really what terminal procedures are really like.

But I know very little about the Concordes terminal airspace performance, I am speaking generally of INS equipped airframes and attempts to fly condensed procedures.

Edited by SAS443

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

The INS will come later though. Another thing that came up as missing and was not mentioned by the dev yet is a Vmo indicator which would seem important.

I think the plane still is actually fairly complete and in the other thread it sounds like the performance is also quite accurate. I'll buy once it's in the store.

Edited by rka
  • Like 1

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

9 minutes ago, rka said:

The INS will come later though. Another thing that came up as missing and was not mentioned by the dev yet is a Vmo indicator which would seem important.

I think the plane still is actually fairly complete and in the other thread it sounds like the performance is also quite accurate. I'll buy once it's in the store.

Well it feels to me that you are flying a fictional DCD supersonic plane. It's fine. Just don't expect realism.

I would just say that FSlabs is a study level version and the DCD is not. I have the DCD version also and it's a pleasant experience to fly compared to the other planes in MSFS. You have to fly it right in order to achieve the advertised Concorde speeds and altitude. I had to "READ" the manual after failing to exceed Mach 1.

Rick

• Like 1