Sign in to follow this  
Gil Yoder

Saitek panels

I am trying to configure my Logitech panels. Right now I have a question about the Hardware menu in AAO. I'm confused a bit by the options.

When "Saitek panels enabled" is checked, the two buttons below that, "Ignore sim electrical power," and "Saitek panel config" are greyed out. But when  "Saitek panels enabled" is unchecked, the two options below it are available.

spacer.png

So, my question is how to configure the panels. Do I disabled the panels, to configure them, and then enable the panels to use them? Or is the logic of the "Saitek panels enabled" backwards, i.e., is it enabled when its unchecked and disabled when it's checked?

I probably could figure this out through experimenting, but if this is a bug, I wanted to report it.

gyoder_emailsig.jpg?_1393642712_04 sig?u=gyoder
Gil Yoder
about.me/gyoder 

2 hours ago, Gil Yoder said:

Do I disabled the panels, to configure them, and then enable the panels to use them?

Yes.

Sorry, but changes cannot be made "live" on the running devices.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Thanks. That make sense. One of the graphics in the documentation had all three menu options enabled at the same time, so I thought that was the correct state. I should have known better.

spacer.png

gyoder_emailsig.jpg?_1393642712_04 sig?u=gyoder
Gil Yoder
about.me/gyoder 

10 hours ago, Gil Yoder said:

One of the graphics in the documentation had all three menu options enabled at the same time,

Uhoh. Sorry about that. That looks like a really old screenshot.

I keep thinking about moving the entire Saitek logic out of AAO, and into a Bridge program. That would make things easier I think. But as usual there just wasn't time...

• Like 1

LORBY-SI

Been thinking about the text and graphics of this document for the past few days, translated it countless times, but I really don't know how. This step is very confusing and unclear. My Logitech flight switch panel and flight multifunction panel do not work with the FWB320 of the MSFS2020. Is there a more detailed explanation?

Here „MIDI mode“ is global midi mode" or "aircraft midi mode"? But "airplane midi mode"? Invalid click

Edited by zhensanmao

2 hours ago, zhensanmao said:

Here „MIDI mode“ is global midi mode" or "aircraft midi mode"? But "airplane midi mode"? Invalid click

"Global" means, that the device is always in MIDI mode, no matter what aircraft you fly.

"Aircraft" is only available when you are connected to the sim and sitting in the cockpit. When you activate it, the Panel will only go to MIDI mode for this particular aircraft and it will switch back to default mode for others.

LORBY-SI

2 hours ago, zhensanmao said:

My Logitech flight switch panel and flight multifunction panel do not work with the FWB320 of the MSFS2020.

The FBW does not support (most of) the default simulator events for switching things. Some buttons will work (like the gear lever - be mindful that the gear lever in the VC doesn't animate as long as you are on the ground) but most switches won't do anything in the default configuration of the Saitek Panels in AAO.

You will have to find the correct variables, events and RPN scripts that are specific for this aircraft and assign them to the panel's buttons. There is a steep learning curve with MSFS when it comes to external controls. Every aircraft developer uses different methods, and they often change them with each new version of their model. So it is a constant struggle for finding the correct variable to set or event to trigger.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI