Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Carenado doing a PC12....

2 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

I don't know. Their airplanes are even prettier, but so are the default MSFS airplanes. And they only sell in market place, with file encryption. I must admit, I am not very much interested in their products anymore under these circumstances. I definitely bought more Carenado airplanes for P3D.

I agree here, I think they are missing alot of potential sales not selling on their website like they did for other platforms. A shame really, I wouldn't mind the Skymaster

• Like 1

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Oh boy, I thought I was through with buying new planes.. 😉

Hehe.....I hear ya Bert.   Bit my lip on the 337...resisted the purchase (pats himself on the back).  This one may be tough to resist. 🤣

Sad part is I already have too many great planes I don't even get a chance to fly....to busy either painting them or testing them. 🤪

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

32 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

I don't know. Their airplanes are even prettier, but so are the default MSFS airplanes. And they only sell in market place, with file encryption. I must admit, I am not very much interested in their products anymore under these circumstances. I definitely bought more Carenado airplanes for P3D.

I totally get your frustration.  I noticed their prices have come down a little from initial release and also the important xml files are accessible at least in the C337 and PA34.  Ideally they'd allow access to some of the aircraft cfgs but some people have already made turbocharged mods based on prior cfgs.  Maybe they will open some things up even more.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I LOVED it in P3D. My all time favorite. I will still buy SWS version but it is a long way off. This is a day 1 buy for me. The P3D version DID offer GTN750 integration, or at least someone offered a mod, I don't recall which. Either way, it was a very popular upgrade and they have every thing they need to put it in place so I would be shocked if it does not have the 750 option. This is great news.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Noob question: the airframe looks like a copy of the TBM, what gives?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

6 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Noob question: the airframe looks like a copy of the TBM, what gives?

bigger! similar type of engine/prop upfront.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Simple B said:

bigger! similar type of engine/prop upfront.

Very similar but easy to differentiate on the ramp.... PC-12 has a T tail and the TBM has a "normal" tail.

Now, if you want to see "separated at birth"....try to tell the difference between the PC-12 and the new Cessna Denali....LOL   me thinks someone at Cessna has been copying somone's homework. 😂

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

For myself, I'll wait for SWS for theirs.  But, I'm going to enjoy the screen shots and youtube vids people make of this one for sure!

• Like 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

5 hours ago, voleicare said:

Hi,

Thank you for the heads-up. Looking quite impressive.

Not to derail this topic; does anyone know if there is a Pilatus PC-24 in the works?

Happy Fool's Friday all!

Yes Iris simulations announced they are working with Pilatus right now with a licensed version of the PC-9 first then the PC-24. https://www.facebook.com/irissimulations/photos/a.10150924336257416/10159147783942416/

tpewpb-6.png

1 hour ago, RW1 said:

Yes Iris simulations announced they are working with Pilatus right now with a licensed version of the PC-9 first then the PC-24. https://www.facebook.com/irissimulations/photos/a.10150924336257416/10159147783942416/

Yea. They also said they were working on a F/A-39…….

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Not surprisingly, nobody is really excited about the avionics package this plane comes with. 😏

After being spoilt by the Kodiak and the WT G1000 NXi I'm done buying pretty shells with subpar attention to avioncis. 

WT and Kodiak 100 demonstrate without a shadow of a doubt that you can have both an outstanding navigational unit and great graphics/performance.

I've been pretty neutral about Carenado in the past and have bought plenty of their planes, but I think it's time to rethink supporting developers who turn out mediocre products that are, at best, at the level of the default planes in MSFS.

Edited by Ricardo41

I have no problem with buying Carenado products from the Marketplace or with Carenado themselves - everyone knows the trade offs with their products by now. But looking at their catalogue I wish they had chosen something else. This has a 'more of the same' air about it when they have so many more interesting aircraft models to hand. A 100% steam gauge addon is quite a rarity these days. I wish they had chosen one of those. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 6297J said:

. A 100% steam gauge addon is quite a rarity these days. I wish they had chosen one of those. 

Plenty of steam gauge rust buckets have been released. 

I'm looking forward to the release of advanced modern glass avionics packages. 

I’m saying now I’ll hold out for SWS but we will see how long my resolve lasts 😉

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Not everybody want study level or complicated aircraft, I would say for the average simmer Carenado aircraft fit the bill. 

Edited by Scimiter
  • Like 2

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090