Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Carenado doing a PC12....

19 minutes ago, turbomax said:

#metoo

not French.

apart from great looks, what's the advantage of the pc12 over the TBM 900?

The PC12 has much higher useful load and has the ability to get into smaller unimproved strips.  It's also a lot slower (almost 50 kts) than the tbm 960.

In this specific case I'm happy to see a mix of analogue and glass.  This will allow the PC12 sim version to navigate much more accurately than the tbm (once the WT G3000 refresh comes they will be pretty close).

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

56 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

The PC12 has much higher useful load and has the ability to get into smaller unimproved strips.  It's also a lot slower (almost 50 kts) than the tbm 960.

In this specific case I'm happy to see a mix of analogue and glass.  This will allow the PC12 sim version to navigate much more accurately than the tbm (once the WT G3000 refresh comes they will be pretty close).

PC-12 also has a substantially higher fuel capacity which gives it correspondingly longer legs (in XP at least) despite being somewhat larger and heavier.

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 1

while we are at it, I just found this, something I would rate very high if I was in the market for a private airplane:

"PC-12 – The Safest and World's Best-Selling Single Turboprop is Leader of Its Class

With demand for the PC-12 NG as high as ever, Pilatus sold 80 PC-12 NGs last year. As a result, the PC-12 again claims the title of world’s best-selling single-engine turboprop in its category. One of the reasons behind this success is surely the fact that the PC-12 is one of the safest turboprops ever built, outperforming even twin-engine turboprops in this respect.

Statistical data reveals that the safety record of the PC-12 with the PT6 exceeds other single-engine aircraft by far, outperforming even twin-engine turboprops.

... the PC-12 is the best-selling turboprop in its class."

https://www.pilatus-aircraft.com/en/news-events/media-release/pc-12-the-safest-and-worlds-best-selling-single-turboprop-is-leaser-of-its-class

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Just a note that Carenado has continually updated this product just like they said they would.  

Update released which further addresses some issues with the WT GNS, PMS gtn750 and TDS gtn 750xi, and a few other misc items

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yup gotta give them that with the PC-12 they have consistently patched it.

• Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Did a 30 min flight and was down to 10 fps on final at an otherwise high fps destination (ESMX). I think this one qualifies as "my most regretted Carenado purchase."

22 minutes ago, JacquesBrel said:

Did a 30 min flight and was down to 10 fps on final at an otherwise high fps destination (ESMX). I think this one qualifies as "my most regretted Carenado purchase."

I'm not getting that.  I don't understand how some people are seeing that and some aren't.  I only had the fps degradation with their first release.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

56 minutes ago, JacquesBrel said:

I have noticed this issues with other planes as well and the PC12 on its first version. It could be something else altogether like you sim loading an extraordinary amount of objects....traffic......tlod too high etc.

Did the FPS get better after landing? If so, it's likely the simulator loading too many objects at once.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414---FSS E175+P2006T---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C-22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

16 minutes ago, Sonosusto said:

Did the FPS get better after landing? If so, it's likely the simulator loading too many objects at once.

FPS did not improve after landing. Object count can't be the issue. ESMX is a small provincial airport with few buildings and only 6 gates. I have not had this issue with any other airport or any other aircraft apart from the PC12.

4 hours ago, JacquesBrel said:

FPS did not improve after landing. Object count can't be the issue. ESMX is a small provincial airport with few buildings and only 6 gates. I have not had this issue with any other airport or any other aircraft apart from the PC12.

Strange... I am not seeing this.. Mind you, I routinely turn off the Avidyne unit.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

4 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Just a note that Carenado has continually updated this product just like they said they would.  

Update released which further addresses some issues with the WT GNS, PMS gtn750 and TDS gtn 750xi, and a few other misc items

And if you like to start up on the runway with the GTNXi already loaded and powered on, you can edit the runway.flt file as follows:

[LocalVars.0]
XMLVAR_LANDING_TAXI_OFF_Switch_Position=0
XMLVAR_FuelSelectorAuto=1
TABLET_INIT= 1
CARENADO_GNS430530_HIDDEN=1
CARENADO_GTN750_HIDDEN=1
CARENADO_GTN750XI_HIDDEN=0
CARENADO_GTN750_ENABLED_BUTTON=0
CARENADO_GNS_GTN_VIS=1
GTN750_INT_HIDDEN=1
AS530_HIDDEN=1
AS430_HIDDEN=1
CARENADO_GNS_GTNXI_VIS=1
GTN750XI_INT_HIDDEN=1
XMLVAR_GPS_DISABLED_AS530_1=1
XMLVAR_GPS_DISABLED_AS430_1=1
XMLVAR_GPS_DISABLED_GTN750=1

• Like 1

Bert

Just chop it up as one of Carenado's special problem children.

I had the same performance issues with Carenado's King Air and XL560 in FSX.

They just ran like word not allowed unless you started disabling parts of avionic systems.

Strangely the PC-12 has always ran great on my system since initial released with all nav/avionic systems on, 

even in performance demanding VR mode.

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

9 hours ago, JacquesBrel said:

So this happens only at this airport with the PC12 or just the PC12 with any airport?

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414---FSS E175+P2006T---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C-22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

4 hours ago, Sonosusto said:

or just the PC12 with any airport?

Yes.

But I have now disabled the Avidyne in the panel.cfg and have done two flights without performance degradation. 

• Like 1