Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

SU9 beta live, release notes

3 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Asobo style!

I don't see the point in complaining, we joined the Beta to help with improving the sim, i certainly expect to see bugs, or system failures as that's the nature of the beast. I expect like on previous occasions, these will be fixed prior to final release.

• Like 12

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

17 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

it's all based on priorities. I bet only 2% of the user base is using VR.

Finally I'm one of the elite 2%'ers in something in life!

• Like 1

Spad.Next gives instant CTD,   but I downloaded the Lorby's Axis and Oh's demo and it works fine.

I was wrong about the PMS GTN750,  it is broken.  Thank you.

• Like 2

is this update only for beta testers ? for first time not see the update , i'm still on 1.24.5.0 store version .

34 minutes ago, Noel said:

It's a reaction born of ignorance and you see it somewhat frequently here from people who are clueless about MS/A's prioritization scheme and the interconnectedness of so many components in this simulation of a ginourmous real world.  Thank you for trying to educate others.

Incompetence doesn't depend on the complexity of the software; you can be just as incompetent with complex software. If something is complex, one would expect to hire enough competent people to assure quality. By the way I'd recommend you refrain from calling other people ignorand and clueless.

Edited by Fiorentoni
got a word not allowed, so changed a letter...
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

By the way I'd recommend you refrain from calling other people incompetent and clueless.

I never called anyone incompetent, but you sure did with this comment re Asobo:  "How do they do this stuff? How do they completely wreck non-related stuff in their updates?"  But yes, I did state anyone making the kind of comment like you did, as clueless, and I really believe that is the case.  You're free to ignore my impressions of your comment.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

17 hours ago, VFXSimmer said:

That and quite a few of us using VR arent bothered to distraction by the minor issues.  The sim still rocks in VR imo.  It can always be better but I personally dont see it as a five alarm fire.  Fix the other stuff first.

I'm in enjoying VR in it's current state, as long as SU9 doesn't break anything further.

I quit expecting prompt VR attention and feature additions long ago with MS/Asobo. 

Gotta expect it to be a lower priority at this point through MS/Asobo's track records of SUs.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Just now, Noel said:

I never called anyone incompetent, but you sure did with this comment re Asobo:  "How do they do this stuff? How do they completely wreck non-related stuff in their updates?"  But yes, I did state anyone making the kind of comment like you did, as clueless, and I really believe that is the case.  You're free to ignore my impressions of your comment.

Yeah I used the wrong word, sorry. It's corrected now. Apart from that seems like a mod needs to tell you again that offending people is not something we like on Avsim. Thought you would know that after 8670 posts.

16 minutes ago, iliasr said:

is this update only for beta testers ? for first time not see the update , i'm still on 1.24.5.0 store version .

Nope, it is not an official update yet, but you can opt in if you wish. For early adopters / beta testers willing to test the next update early - and report bugs.

Cheers,

2Low2Slow 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Yeah I used the wrong word, sorry. It's corrected now. Apart from that seems like a mod needs to tell you again that offending people is not something we like on Avsim. Thought you would know that after 8670 posts.

Pot, meet Kettle.

Fiorentoni, I guess after only 772 posts you still have some growth remaining on the topic of offensive conduct. 

-B

• Like 2

5 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Microsoft/Asobo hasn't even started optimizing MSFS for DirectX 12 yet.

They said in a recent Q&A that they are working on DirectX 12 features and optimisation on a separate branch (along with the DLSS prototype), which they plan to merge with the main branch for Sim Update 10 (coming late July).

• Like 2

Can you imagine the utter mind numbing boredom of writing code? I am amazed that anyone is actually prepared to do it. Still, it takes all sorts. Jeff Minter wrote the AA title Revenge of the Mutant Camels in 1984 for the C64 in just three months, Last year he finally fixed a collision detection bug which has plagued the game from day one. I'm guessing that the Asobo guys must be feeling just like Jeff Minter. Tired.

Tested the Beta for a few hours...

Not impressed by the CFD visualization. I was expecting that it didn't stay by the visualization... even in the C172, but I'm giving ASOBO the benefit of doubt for now...

In the other aircraft where I enabled it from within Dev Mode the CFD showed results that were far from realistic, but I guess they need to have their "flightmodel.cfg" adapted to the new parameters ( ? )

I reverted back to SU8 and will wait for SU9 final.

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

7 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Not impressed by the CFD visualization. I was expecting that it didn't stay by the visualization... even in the C172, but I'm giving ASOBO the benefit of doubt for now...

The other aircraft where I enabled from within Dev Mode the CFD showed results that were far from realistic, but I guess they need to have their "flightmodel.cfg" adapted to the new parameters ( ? )

Ya assuming that CFD for aircraft other than the C172 won't work/visualize properly until they're modified to take on this new sim capability, and tweaked specifically for their characteristics. Look in https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/feedback-for-cfd-simulation-on-c172/508234 for good discussion on the C172 and CFD ... hopefully they'll refine it even more by SU9 release time.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

8 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Can you imagine the utter mind numbing boredom of writing code? I am amazed that anyone is actually prepared to do it. Still, it takes all sorts. Jeff Minter wrote the AA title Revenge of the Mutant Camels in 1984 for the C64 in just three months, Last year he finally fixed a collision detection bug which has plagued the game from day one. I'm guessing that the Asobo guys must be feeling just like Jeff Minter. Tired.

It's certainly not boring, it's challenging and rewarding. And well paid. Debugging can be a trial of patience, however, as your example shows.

• Like 1