Sign in to follow this  
TacomaSailor

Sim "non-responsive" even in in SAFE MODE

The sim was running perfectly yesterday (March 31) afternoon and it shut down gracefully.

Today when I try to start it I get to the World Map - fill in the details of the route, and click on FLY - after the blue load progress bar moves 60% of the way from left to right I see a message in Task Manager that flightsimulator.exe is "not Responding"

I worked thru the normal sequence of debugging:
- turn off all security
- empty community folder
- empty content.xml
- turn off FSUIPC

and it still hung at 60% load after FLY

I then told the sim to start in SAFE MODE and it still hangs at 60% load after clicking on FLY

I made no changes to the sim between yesterday and today and as far as I can tell the sim did not load any updates.  I have not changed any drivers or hardware.

What do I do next?

Win 10 / Steam both as current as possible

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

I would be careful, especially since it won't start in Safe mode.

They just released a Beta upgrade test today, and it could be nothing to do with your end. Just keep massaging it, see if you can get a flight to load.

20 minutes ago, TacomaSailor said:

The sim was running perfectly yesterday (March 31) afternoon and it shut down gracefully.

Today when I try to start it I get to the World Map - fill in the details of the route, and click on FLY - after the blue load progress bar moves 60% of the way from left to right I see a message in Task Manager that flightsimulator.exe is "not Responding"

I worked thru the normal sequence of debugging:
- turn off all security
- empty community folder
- empty content.xml
- turn off FSUIPC

and it still hung at 60% load after FLY

I then told the sim to start in SAFE MODE and it still hangs at 60% load after clicking on FLY

I made no changes to the sim between yesterday and today and as far as I can tell the sim did not load any updates.  I have not changed any drivers or hardware.

What do I do next?

Win 10 / Steam both as current as possible

Have you installed the Goggle Maps addon?

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

I have an empty Community folder but my SU9 beta will not load. Crashes at about 60%.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

NO google maps addon

The sim seems to hang while trying to load a bunch of Mixed Reality files.  I do have HP Reverb G2 but it is turned off and I have not used it for several weeks (dozens of sim sessions)

What could I have done make it want to load MXR stuff?

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

4 minutes ago, TacomaSailor said:

NO google maps addon

The sim seems to hang while trying to load a bunch of Mixed Reality files.  I do have HP Reverb G2 but it is turned off and I have not used it for several weeks (dozens of sim sessions)

Have you ever in the past installed the google maps addon? If so you must change a file that it uses, if not it will cause MSFS to stall on loading or CTD for no reason. That's why I ask.

• Like 1

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

I loaded Google Map Enhancement and told it to use Bing (latest) and the sim now works perfectly with all the mods I normally use. 

I then told Google Map to go back to Bing and the sim again runs perfectly.

I did see a message fly across the screen when I first loaded Google Map Enhancements (today to test things) that Port 404 (440?) was in use and "??? it went by to fast" would not work properly.

Thanks for reminding me about Google Map - I had not used it for the last month and had forgotten it was even installed.  I do have the latest version.

Edited by TacomaSailor

14 minutes ago, TacomaSailor said:

NO google maps addon

What are "mixed reality files"? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

31 minutes ago, TacomaSailor said:

I loaded Google Map Enhancement and told it to use Bing (latest) and the sim now works perfectly with all the mods I normally use. 

I then told Google Map to go back to Bing and the sim again runs perfectly.

I did see a message fly across the screen when I first loaded Google Map Enhancements (today to test things) that Port 404 (440?) was in use and "??? it went by to fast" would not work properly.

Thanks for reminding me about Google Map - I had not used it for the last month and had forgotten it was even installed.  I do have the latest version.

Glad you got things figured out and your Sim going again.

Bill McIntyre

18 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

What are "mixed reality files"? 

I don't know what they were but the sim was trying to read a bunch of files with names that included text such as Windows Mixed Reality

56 minutes ago, TacomaSailor said:

I don't know what they were but the sim was trying to read a bunch of files with names that included text such as Windows Mixed Reality

WMR is the interface for your HP Reverb G2 …

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Sounds like an internet connectivity problem unrelated to the sim update. 

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

22 hours ago, SierraDelta said:

WMR is the interface for your HP Reverb G2 …

Indeed!

The question is WHY is the sim trying to load those files when my G2 is turned off and I am not using any mixed reality functionality?

I did not start WMR nor the OpenXR toolkit but for some reason the sim was trying to load those files.

28 minutes ago, TacomaSailor said:

Indeed!

The question is WHY is the sim trying to load those files when my G2 is turned off and I am not using any mixed reality functionality?

I did not start WMR nor the OpenXR toolkit but for some reason the sim was trying to load those files.

do you use steam? if yes you need to change a setting there, dont use vr.

23 hours ago, wim123 said:

do you use steam? if yes you need to change a setting there, dont use vr.

As I have said - the G2 was turned off (had not been used for many weeks)  and no VR software was loaded.  I did verify SteamVR was not active nor was WMR nor was OpenXR.

It is a moot point, I think, changing the map setting in Google Map Enhancement seems to have resolved the issue.  Again, I don't understand why.