Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

Duplicate Taxiway Signs @ DD KSEA

I just noticed my DD KSEA scenery has the default taxiway signs showing. I tried searching the DD forums but it wasn't helpful. Anyone know a fix to remove the duplicate/default signs?

https://imgur.com/Up7i9lm

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Are you using a ORBX region in that area?  If so, look in the scenery folder for that region and .off to the end of any file that contains KSEA.

Alan

14 minutes ago, exeodus said:

Are you using a ORBX region in that area?  If so, look in the scenery folder for that region and .off to the end of any file that contains KSEA.

I'm just using the standard Orbx Base and North American LC. I installed the iniBuilds compatibility patch. This has fixed the problem. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

That exclude file from iniBuilds did get rid of the default taxi signs but it messed up the taxiway. When you taxi over it the plane kicks up dust and rocks like you are taxing on dirt.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joseph29 said:

That exclude file from iniBuilds did get rid of the default taxi signs but it messed up the taxiway. When you taxi over it the plane kicks up dust and rocks like you are taxing on dirt.

I'm thinking I should have stayed with the Taxi2Gate version. DD has been saying they would address this for awhile now but they are more interested in 2020. I don't think it would be too difficult to make an exclusion file for the signs as everything else works great. 

Dan

12 hours ago, Wise87 said:

I'm thinking I should have stayed with the Taxi2Gate version. DD has been saying they would address this for awhile now but they are more interested in 2020. I don't think it would be too difficult to make an exclusion file for the signs as everything else works great. 

I thought about getting Taxi2Gate Seattle instead, but that scenery is missing the bridge that connects concourse A with the South Satellite (S Gates). DD should change the description of the Seattle scenery and say it's not fully compatible with P3D v5+.

• Like 1

I found the file that contains the taxiway signs "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Scenery\0101\scenery\APX15150.bgl"

I tried using ADE to edit the file and used the list option to show taxiway signs. I deleted the signs and recomplied but then I'm lost from there. It created a smaller file but didn't remove the signs when I added the new BGL. Also APX15150.bgl doesn't show as being edited. I'm a newbie when it comes to this. 

Dan

On the DD support forum they posted a new AFCAD that they said should remove the taxi signs. I downloaded it but don't have time to try it out now to see if it works.

3 hours ago, Joseph29 said:

On the DD support forum they posted a new AFCAD that they said should remove the taxi signs. I downloaded it but don't have time to try it out now to see if it works.

It works. No more duplicate taxi signs. We can now enjoy the scenery without running over taxi signs.

Edited by Wise87

Dan