Sign in to follow this  
JayViation

FSimStudios CYTZ Premium Released

If anyone purchases, can you please chime back in with a note about performance -- does it impact frame rates at all. I am a little more concerned about this after the REG Designs CYYZ and in terms of building density Toronto is one of the highest ranking cities in North America.

Dan Scott

I bought CYVR and its on par with FS Dreamteam if that helps

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

3 hours ago, Cognita said:

If anyone purchases, can you please chime back in with a note about performance -- does it impact frame rates at all. I am a little more concerned about this after the REG Designs CYYZ and in terms of building density Toronto is one of the highest ranking cities in North America.

Hi Dan. After flying around Toronto Downtown a lot with this scenery, under 7/8th broken cloud cover, I can say that the performance is acceptable considering it is so close to Toronto Downtown. To compare, I flew some approaches at Fly Tampa CYYZ with the Justflight Piper Arrow, then at Fsimstudios CYTZ and the FPS was comparable (35-40 on my rig). 

At CYTZ, the FPS dropped to 24 when on the ground (even if looking south, away from the buildings) but it goes up to 35+ once airborne. We have the option to remove the static Q400 at the gates, but it does not change anything on the FPS.

Best regards,

Normand

Intel i7 9700K @ 4.9 GHz / Asus Prime Z390-A / 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 750 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 10 Pro x64

Looks like I am not allowed to edit my post 😞 so here's more info:

I just finished a flight CYTZ-CYKZ-CYKF-CYXU-CYTZ with the Piper Warrior III and after landing CYTZ runway 08 at dusk, with an overcast cloud cover, my FPS is 28 all around at the Porter FBO parking. I had a steady 35+ FPS on approach.

I have many Fsimstudios sceneries in MSFS and they all perform well.

Normand

Intel i7 9700K @ 4.9 GHz / Asus Prime Z390-A / 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 750 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 10 Pro x64

Normand, that is great news! Thank you. This is a for sure purchase for me -- as soon as I have some time to get back in the Sim.

• Like 1

Dan Scott

It is now available on Orbx as well 🙂

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

I purchased this tonight along with Reg Designs' Guelph CNC4 and Burlington Exec CZBA - never really ventured out into this area...but it's not too far from the ZMP / Toronto Center boundary - plus this airport on the water look neat!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Can someone clarify this part? Is this something the installation will automatically do?

• IMPORTANT: ASOBO's CYTZ must be deactivated for the product to work properly.
Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

2 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

Can someone clarify this part? Is this something the installation will automatically do?

I guess no. You should delete it from the content manager to be sure.

I find that I get a large FPS hit when I taxi past the main apron and look at the airport buildings. Everywhere else seems fine but I’m down is single digits when looking in that direction. Anyone else or just me? 

9 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

6 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

I guess no. You should delete it from the content manager to be sure.

Something to try, as it could be a bit easier...

Open Content.xml and find this line:

<Package name="asobo-airport-cytz-billy-bishop" active="true"/>

and change it to:

<Package name="asobo-airport-cytz-billy-bishop" active="false"/>

Save the file.

Navigraph navdata does this to disable the built in MSFS navdata.

I have not tried this myself, but it's worth a shot. Easier than finding it in content manager and deleting it. Also easier to re-enable if desired.

...jim

• Like 1

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

1 hour ago, JimBrown said:

Navigraph navdata does this to disable the built in MSFS navdata.

I have not tried this myself, but it's worth a shot. Easier than finding it in content manager and deleting it. Also easier to re-enable if desired.

...jim

The question is, is this overwritten the next time contents.xml is updated? This may be quite frequently if you often install new sceneries.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 hours ago, pmb said:

The question is, is this overwritten the next time contents.xml is updated? This may be quite frequently if you often install new sceneries.

Kind regards, Michael

I'd say no, since the Navigraph entry stays there whenever I add or remove stuff from the community folder.

...jim

• Like 1

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.