Sign in to follow this  
cconesa

AddOn manager not srating (Windows 11)

Hello,

May I start by saying that I am a very happy (and long time) user of your app. I recently changed PCs and upgraded to a Ryzen 5900X with SSD drives, etc to run MSFS2020 with power to spare. I have installed MSFS2020 in one drive and P3Dv5 in another. When I tried running the latest version of the app today after the install, the program won't start and eventually crashes out with no message, just unloads from memory. I have installed in with no AV and run it with no AV, with the same result. The net frame is installed so I don't understand why the program will launch but not run. Weird.

Is there a known issue with the program running windows 11 or with dual simulators installed?.

I just can't seem to be able to make it run at all

Regards,

Christian Conesa.

6 hours ago, cconesa said:

Is there a known issue with the program running windows 11 or with dual simulators installed?

Sorry, but no, there isn't. Maybe you have a broken simulator config file somewhere that the app can't recover from? Is your user account data (\Desktop, \Documents etc.) on the local drive (good) or did you move it to OneDrive (bad)?

In general, it is not the app that "decides" anything when there is an internal error. It is Windows that is shutting it down. So in these cases make sure to check the Windows event logs for error messages when a process is closed "by force".

When the app doesn't start, make sure to delete the folders where Windows stores the internal settings of an app : "C:\Users\..\AppData\Local\Lorby-SI\P3DAddonOrganizer.exe_Url_<a_lot_of_cryptic_characters>".

LORBY-SI

Hello.

I am having exactly the same issue with windows 11. This is on a clean install of both windows 11 and P3D 5.3 HF2. If I remove the scenery cgf file from the programdata folder I get an error could not read the cgf file. when I replace the file the application is running in the task manager but the interface does not open.

Regards.

Rick

15 hours ago, cconesa said:

Hello,

May I start by saying that I am a very happy (and long time) user of your app. I recently changed PCs and upgraded to a Ryzen 5900X with SSD drives, etc to run MSFS2020 with power to spare. I have installed MSFS2020 in one drive and P3Dv5 in another. When I tried running the latest version of the app today after the install, the program won't start and eventually crashes out with no message, just unloads from memory. I have installed in with no AV and run it with no AV, with the same result. The net frame is installed so I don't understand why the program will launch but not run. Weird.

Is there a known issue with the program running windows 11 or with dual simulators installed?.

I just can't seem to be able to make it run at all

Regards,

Christian Conesa.

Hello.

I have been doing some investigating into this issue. I have found the issue causing the program not to respond. The addon organizer is unable to read the add-ons.cgf. There is 2 entries in the file that are causing the addon manager not to respond.

You will need to go to the folder C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5 open the add-ons.cgf file in a text editor and remove the following entries. You will not need these entries if your are not using the developer tools.

[Package.0]
PATH=Development Tools\Visual FX Tool
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

[Package.1]
PATH=Development Tools\Traffic Toolbox
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

Remove the above entries and try the addon organizer again. This solved the problem for me.

Hello @ll,

New version 1.56 b11 is available for download, and it can handle the relative paths of the Development Tools now.

The previous build 10 got stuck in an endless loop while trying to read those paths.

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

And that was it...

Thank you!, I was not prepared to put up with the new PC and not being able to use your app. Your app is a MUST HAVE and no compromise on that. Great work!.