Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

KRSW Now Available

1 hour ago, Zimmerbz said:

This one looks WAY better than the first one posted

I agree...this one looks to have more custom buildings and they at least posted their shots in brighter daylight...plus a video.  Not familiar with the developer but always willing to give new ones a chance.  

• Upvote 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

2.8 GB size. Nice!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I took a chance on the Fly 2 High version since DJJose tried the other.  I am not sure if I can recommend it.  First of all, you will not get any STAR's to load up.  I tried all the tricks with the Content.xml since I use Navigraph but have not been able to get anything to load in the A32NX.  The textures are mediocre and some look really strange, almost like the scale of the textures is way off.  The night environment is not really great as there are taxi poles all over the entire gate area!  They are there during the day as well but it is a sea of blue taxi lights at night.  It looks like the taxiway lights are also duped in many areas as well.  Definitely not done correctly IMO.  The terminals look OK during the daytime but a very repetitive interior texture is used at night.  I am seeing quite a bit of AA shimmering on parts of the terminal as well. The centerline lights on the runway are not all there either as there big sections of centerline lights that are missing for some reason.  The overall airport environment is good with a decently modelled terminal (only the center main area interior is modelled, the rest of the interior is generic repetitive texturing) and surrounding parking areas seem well done. AI traffic will not depart from what I have seen.  I have noticed this at some other airports as well but I think it has to do with the developer not connecting the AI nodes properly.  Kind of expensive for what you get on this one.....I should have been patient and waited for LVFR version but this will do for now I guess. A 5 out of 10 stars is my initial rating on this one.

Edited by Flic1
  • Upvote 2

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

6 hours ago, Flic1 said:

I took a chance on the Fly 2 High version since DJJose tried the other.  I am not sure if I can recommend it.  First of all, you will not get any STAR's to load up.  I tried all the tricks with the Content.xml since I use Navigraph but have not been able to get anything to load in the A32NX.  The textures are mediocre and some look really strange, almost like the scale of the textures is way off.  The night environment is not really great as there are taxi poles all over the entire gate area!  They are there during the day as well but it is a sea of blue taxi lights at night.  It looks like the taxiway lights are also duped in many areas as well.  Definitely not done correctly IMO.  The terminals look OK during the daytime but a very repetitive interior texture is used at night.  I am seeing quite a bit of AA shimmering on parts of the terminal as well. The centerline lights on the runway are not all there either as there big sections of centerline lights that are missing for some reason.  The overall airport environment is good with a decently modelled terminal (only the center main area interior is modelled, the rest of the interior is generic repetitive texturing) and surrounding parking areas seem well done. AI traffic will not depart from what I have seen.  I have noticed this at some other airports as well but I think it has to do with the developer not connecting the AI nodes properly.  Kind of expensive for what you get on this one.....I should have been patient and waited for LVFR version but this will do for now I guess. A 5 out of 10 stars is my initial rating on this one.

Thanks for the review. I have not had any free time to even check out the new one. The one I have is a freeware disguised as a payware. Some devs are taking advantage of our desire to have these airports. Maybe Ricardo (LVFR) will develop a version and we will finally have a worthy KRSW for MSFS.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Bought the Fly2High version yesterday due to simmarket pics/video.  As said before-the taxi lights are messy-around the runway the terminal the whole 9 yards.  The PAPIs for 24 don’t exist it seems or are in the wrong spot and wrong settings (to the right and way before 24)  It needs a ton of work with little and bug fixes.  Hopefully Ricardo over at LVFR will hook us up soon.  I mean I’m good to support something if it’s worth it but for €18 the F2H version needs some serious updates-he’s selling it on FS.to as well and replied to some constructive criticism saying he’d have some fixes soon™  

Anyone think the Pachilabs is worth a go? RSW is one of my favs.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DJ Rosko said:

Anyone think the Pachilabs is worth a go? RSW is one of my favs.  

Nope from what I've heard it's much worse than the F2H version. The installation size is 17MB only, so if you buy it, manage your expectations...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Nope from what I've heard it's much worse than the F2H version. The installation size is 17MB only, so if you buy it, manage your expectations...

Thanks.  I reached out to Fly2High on FB-they’re committing to an update/fixes. 

• Upvote 1