Sign in to follow this  
airlinetycoon

How can I permanently assign the airline code SHT BAW paint

I have assigned the BAW repaints of AIG (A319/320/321/20N) the codes SHT (Shuttle) for the subcompany of British Airways. However, after each update of AIG, the manager overwrites my entries. Is there a way to permanently see a BAW repaint for SHT in PSXT?

Edited by airlinetycoon

Greetings Andrew Bowler

Normally one would write

atc_parking_codes=BAW,SHT 

in the fltsim.x livery definition.

But if you want to use that AIG Manager that is not an option.

Another approach is possible in 31.0.9-beta, from the Manual 5.1.1:

"Since version 31.0 there is another (off-line) way of adding registration codes to liveries. That method has the advantage that you do not have to edit the [fltsim.x] sections, which is important when using  AIGAIM. Another advantage of that method is that only one person has to specify the registration codes and everybody can use it.
In subfolder regcodes of the data folder, one may put one or more text files (name is not relevant for PSXT) with extension .txt, say for instance AIGAIM.txt

In the file one should specify the (exact) title of the livery followed by a semicolon, followed by a list of registration codes separated by comma’s. For instance:

AIGAIM_SAS Scandinavian Airlines Airbus A319-100;OY-KBP,OY-KBR,OY-KBT

AIGAIM_SAS Scandinavian Airlines Airbus A319 - 100 - Retro Livery;OY-KBO

The PSXT wild cards are supported. It is not necessary to place all regcodes for a livery at one line, you may split it up into two or more lines, but always in the fixed format, starting with the title." 

In your case you should write the name of a BAW livery followe by a semicolon and then a list of registration codes.

Thanks Nico, got it. This is what it could look like for the BA A319 fleet, right?

AIGAIM_British Airways Airbus A319-100 - Retro BEA;G-EUPJ
AIGAIM_British Airways Airbus A319-100;G-DB*
AIGAIM_British Airways Airbus A319-100 - OC;G-EUO*
AIGAIM_British Airways Airbus A319-100 - LGW cfg;G-EUP*

So when a SHT flight is generated with this registration, an A319 BA-Paint appears. What happens with parked aircraft. PSXT will create a SHT A319 in the airport-file, correct? How will it find the correct paint?

Greetings Andrew Bowler

one more question

If I define some registrations with complete registration and the "rest" by wildcard, will that work? For example:

AIGAIM_British Airways Airbus A320-200;G-EUUA,G-EUUB,G-EUUD,G-EUUE,G-EUUF
AIGAIM_British Airways Airbus A320-200 - OC;G-EUUG,G-EUUH,G-EUUI,G-EUUJ
AIGAIM_British Airways Airbus A320-200 - OC Crest;G-EUU*

Greetings Andrew Bowler

1 hour ago, airlinetycoon said:

If I define some registrations with complete registration and the "rest" by wildcard, will that work? 

Yes it will.

1 hour ago, airlinetycoon said:

What happens with parked aircraft. PSXT will create a SHT A319 in the airport-file, correct? How will it find the correct paint?

It will not find a SHT paint for a static aircraft I am afraid...

That would only work with the atc_parking_codes solution.

Edited by kiek

Ok, thank you. In this case I have to rework my Airport files manually. All BA domestic flights are operated under SHT callsign.

Greetings Andrew Bowler

If you add the ICAO callsign within AIM itself under edit section, does it still overwrite it? 

Just now, vhaaland said:

If you add the ICAO callsign within AIM itself under edit section, does it still overwrite it? 

Yes. With next AIM-run it´s overwritten.

Greetings Andrew Bowler

2 minutes ago, airlinetycoon said:

That's too bad, don't really know why they implemented an edit section then. But this is also why I'm glad we got this new "offline" way of matching AIG-manager aircraft. 

9 minutes ago, vhaaland said:

2 minutes ago, vhaaland said:

That's too bad, don't really know why they implemented an edit section then. But this is also why I'm glad we got this new "offline" way of matching AIG-manager aircraft. 

Yes, that's right, a good thing. It would be great to still have the option to simply replace these callsigns. For example, if a SHT callsign, always use a BAW paint.

Greetings Andrew Bowler

41 minutes ago, airlinetycoon said:

For example, if a SHT callsign, always use a BAW paint.

Agree that would be great for parked aircraft. Have the same issue with "new" airlines getting new codes after pandemic, still with old codes in AIG

4 hours ago, airlinetycoon said:

Can't you ask AIG (politely) to keep their hands off that atc_parking_codes field? Why do they want to re-write it again and again?

Edited by kiek

1 hour ago, kiek said:

Can't you ask AIG (politely) to keep their hands off that atc_parking_codes field? Why do they want to re-write it again and again?

I don't think that's technically possible. AIM checks the installed packages for flight plan and matching aircraft. Then the paint and CFG entry is loaded. If there is a change there, AIM "repairs" from the master data.

But no problem, I check my airport files from time to time and replace SHT with BAW. It only takes a few minutes.

Edited by airlinetycoon

Greetings Andrew Bowler

And by the way. The problem does not only affect BAW/SHT, Germanwings for example also. Germanwings as a company no longer operates, but the GWI callsign is still used by Eurowings. I think the reason is environmental certificates that would otherwise expire at GWI. But if you see a GWI callsign today, Eurowings is flying.

Greetings Andrew Bowler