Sign in to follow this  
Spit40

Airport confusion in MSFS - EGEX

I'm fairly new to LNM so this could be user error, but I've set things up so that the only airports are MSFS and I've disabled all Navigraph. I made a flight plan and decided I'd land at EGEX (Chirk) in Wales. It turned out to be a very minimal airport when I got there with no runway markings or basically anything but a windsock. However when I tried to set MSFS to depart from EGEX, MSFS didn't recognise it as an airport.

I'd be grateful for info on how this could happen. I refreshed the LNM database from MSFS but nothing I could do would remove EGEX.

Thanks !

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

1 hour ago, Spit40 said:

I'd be grateful for info on how this could happen. I refreshed the LNM database from MSFS but nothing I could do would remove EGEX.

EGEX is one of the airports which are marked as closed in general but have open runways. I fixed a few issues regarding this for the next LNM version (still alpha).

The problem in LNM is that it marks the airport wrongly as open due to the open runways but MSFS does not allow to use it as an airport.

Here is a closed GitHub issue (more technical stuff) reported by a friendly user who also added a list of affected airports: https://github.com/albar965/littlenavmap/issues/876

Alex

19 minutes ago, albar965 said:

EGEX is one of the airports which are marked as closed in general but have open runways. I fixed a few issues regarding this for the next LNM version (still alpha).

The problem in LNM is that it marks the airport wrongly as open due to the open runways but MSFS does not allow to use it as an airport.

Here is a closed GitHub issue (more technical stuff) reported by a friendly user who also added a list of affected airports: https://github.com/albar965/littlenavmap/issues/876

Alex

Great, thanks. I saw it had no parking spots in LNM so perhaps that’s a useful cross-check too

• Like 1

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg