Sign in to follow this  
P_7878

BAe 146-300QT (Cobham airline) - Rest of the flight...

As part of my previous post, I'd wished to complete my ~400nm (test flight) with the BAe 146-300QT, but certain other tasks took precedence over "virtual" aviation...So, in this follow-up post, I conclude my 300QT account, by showing, here, a set of (Cobham) pictures from the rest of the flight, after, earlier, having lifted off NZAA/Auckland, just getting my feet wet over the Tasman Sea here (first shot below), then banking southward (from the westerly takeoff), all the way till arrival in NZCH/Christchurch. My route tracks almost directly south overflying the (intervening) Tasman Sea from NZ North Island to NZ South Island.

The "QT" (Quiet Trader) freighter version BAe 146 had its primary Cargo door located on the left side of the rear fuselage (see e.g., #4 shot below of the a/c, in flight, with the label "Operated by COBHAM" printed on this Cargo door). BTW, please also note images, below, how, after landing, the tail cone on this jet (true for all BAe 146 variants, not just Cargo), (curiously) splits open to act as Speed Brakes. The BAe 146 engines are not fitted with conventional thrust reversers, instead, the aircraft have this clamshell air brake in the tail in addition to full width spoilers on the wings.... (both these types of speed-reduction devices can be seen in my concluding screenshots, below)...

Hope you enjoy these pictures...!!

[JF(146-300QT), Orbx(NZ)]

wbZwbC.png

sw2rLE.png

cod7uD.png

BA7rnV.png

cQxXiQ.png

mkoXcC.png

rSBhgf.png

fooMap.png

iP80JK.png

3oDjQ4.png

93xxz3.png

ddam37.png

4Cc77Y.png

JSHrZl.png

Im8ctA.png

raMq1x.png

WCFcrn.png

• Like 10

Fine set Sir !

cheers 😉

• Like 3

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Right on track with these fine shots Sir .

• Like 2

Folks: Greatly appreciated the responses....🙂...thank you...!!

• Like 2

Does the paint come with the aircraft ?

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

58 minutes ago, Rogen said:

Does the paint come with the aircraft ?

Thanks for the inquiry, Rogen...!

This Cobham repaint didn't come with the JF 146-300QT add-on. The repaint is separately available e.g., in the local AVSIM Library, as follows:

My FSX/SE Cobham -300QT repaint for VH-NJZ is this file:
cobham_jf_146-300qt.zip

The P3DV5 repaint for the same Cobham livery is this file:
jf146-300qt_cobham.zip

If you're interested, please also check the JF website for the list of 146-300QT repaints that comes, by default, for FSX/SE, P3D (Professional), and MSFS.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 9:53 AM, P_7878 said:

Thanks for the inquiry, Rogen...!

Ta for the info.

I have the Quality Wings version (had it for quite some time now) which I enjoy flying and have a number of repaints for.

The Just Flight version is quite expensive compared to the QW version, however the QW version has been around for very much longer.

Still if the JF is up there in terms of ops I might just place it on my to purchase list.

Cheers

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

***Amazing Shots***

• Like 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

On 4/11/2022 at 5:20 AM, Rogen said:

Ta for the info.

I have the Quality Wings version (had it for quite some time now) which I enjoy flying and have a number of repaints for.

The Just Flight version is quite expensive compared to the QW version, however the QW version has been around for very much longer.

Still if the JF is up there in terms of ops I might just place it on my to purchase list.

Cheers

Good to hear from you...Rogen...

Yes, agree, the QW BAe-146/Avro-RJ is indeed a marvelous combo pack (quite enjoyable) ...especially because it features two different FMS simulations...Honeywell GNS-XLS for the BAe146 Series and the Collins GNLU910 for the Avro RJ Series...This QW one was one of the very few day-one purchases for me...

The (base) JF BAe 146/QT is good fun too...but with an F-lite type FMC...what recently prompted me to add to the JF base pack is the -300QT (Freighter) expansion (I've shown above) that QW does not contain...And the JF 146 (Pro) version for P3D, I see, has all the 146 variants (-100/-200/-300/-200QT/-300QT etc.) including a -200QC (Quick Change) model, plus what's stated to be a "Custom-coded UNS-1 FMC"...but, like you said it's an expensive pack...🙂...

Anyway, no doubt, both BAe-146 and Avro-RJ are wonderful and unique a/c simulations for our SIM...! Glad you're enjoying the QW version...!!

On 4/11/2022 at 7:15 AM, Phantom88 said:

***Amazing Shots***

Appreciated the comment, Patrick...!!

• Like 1