Sign in to follow this  
jfmitch

Correct method for adding p3dv4 aircraft to p3dv5

I have two aircraft that Carenado says are P3DV5 compatible. When I try to wonder if someone could help me understand what goes where to install. I am given only PvDV2 to PVDV4 to select.  I have tried selecting my own(P3Dv5) and v4 pointing to P3DV5 as the location. The aircraft loads in various places within the A drive and the G drive where P3DV5 is situated.   The aircraft does not show up in P3D when turned on.  I am wondering if someone could help me understand what goes where to use these aircraft. I'm an old fellow 77 who recently suffered a blow to his head after having a stroke so forget everything I do after I've done it.

Jim

3 hours ago, jfmitch said:

I have two aircraft that Carenado says are P3DV5 compatible. When I try to wonder if someone could help me understand what goes where to install. I am given only PvDV2 to PVDV4 to select.  I have tried selecting my own(P3Dv5) and v4 pointing to P3DV5 as the location. The aircraft loads in various places within the A drive and the G drive where P3DV5 is situated.   The aircraft does not show up in P3D when turned on.  I am wondering if someone could help me understand what goes where to use these aircraft. I'm an old fellow 77 who recently suffered a blow to his head after having a stroke so forget everything I do after I've done it.

Jim

Jim,

You are on the right track to point your Carenado installer to your P3D v5 directory.

Once installed, you'll need to run an exe file from Carenado to make the aircraft compatible with P3D v5.

Here is the link to their instructions:

https://carenado.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360046625614-Installing-Carenado-aircraft-in-P3Dv5

You will find the link to the P3D v5 patch in step 4 of their procedure.

Good luck!

Regards, Rob