Sign in to follow this  
omarsmak30

Headwinds A330-300 gets a massive new update

Just watched this yesterday. I wan't aware of this mod. Looks interesting, but at the moment I've got my hands full with the A320. I very rarely have flights that last longer than 1-2 hours. 

• Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

One problem I have with this plane:

if I start a flight on the runway ready for take off, I cannot adjust the fuel on board coming from simbrief and on the flypad, refuel is indicated as « unavailable ».

with th A32NX I do not have this problem.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Patrice Dubois

3 minutes ago, patrice_bambou said:

One problem I have with this plane:

if I start a flight on the runway ready for take off, I cannot adjust the fuel on board coming from simbrief and on the flypad, refuel is indicated as « unavailable ».

with th A32NX I do not have this problem.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Thanks.

I would say not. The version of the FBW system being used is from quite a long time ago. FBW since then have devloped the A320NX systems much further, and it would need a further update to bring it up to whats available on the FBW A320nx systems now. But in time it probably will be upgraded to more complex systems.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

New update to .102v

"

Hello,

Just pushed the update 0.0102.

This update fix the climb rate : Now you can climb from 0 to 41000ft with a normal climb rate.

Based on my observations from YT cockpit videos and FR24 traces.

Also:

Fix the passengers limit in MCDU.

Increase the reverse and spoiler drag.

→ Next update will focused on weight, fuel consumption and cockpit lights.

Please remember that this A330neo are based on the FBW A32NX 0.74 stable, so it is behind the development version. Features are not yet present such HOLD or VNAV. Will be implemented on the A330 when FBW releases stable 0.8. FPS drop when the EFB is ON are present in the FBW stable 0.74. Just stop it when you dont use."

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB RAM 5200MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

I tried the Headwind A330 for the first time two days ago after giving it a clear miss for months.  For me the rocket type take-off is a clear immersion killer.  With the latest update I was super impressed.  Integrates well with FBW.  First test flight from Toulouse to Gatwick.  Very stable, plausible and convincing flight.  I love it.   If this is the baseline, then It can only get alot better.  

Looking forward to further refinements and implementations. 

Will do my first long haul in MSFS this weekend.  Lisbon-New York

Just need a more convincing sound package.

Edited by ErichB

33 minutes ago, ErichB said:

I tried the Headwind A330 for the first time two days ago after giving it a clear miss for months.  For me the rocket type take-off is a clear immersion killer.  With the latest update I was super impressed.  Integrates well with FBW.  First test flight from Toulouse to Gatwick.  Very stable, plausible and convincing flight.  I love it.   If this is the baseline, then It can only get alot better.  

Looking forward to further refinements and implementations. 

Will do my first long haul in MSFS this weekend.  Lisbon-New York

Just need a more convincing sound package.

FTsim+ do Wwise sounds for the Headwind A330. You pay a monthly subscription via Patreon costing between £2-£4 per month for access to all their Wwise sounds.

Edited by Car147
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,