Sign in to follow this  
IcedOutN8

FS2Crew, Multi-Crew Experience, and First Officer Next

Hello all.

I'm thinking of acquiring some form of virtual first officer/co-pilot software to enhance my experience with airliners like the FBW A32NX and to reduce my workload as two pilots would really be flying the aircraft. I wanted to know if anyone has used any of the above mentioned software and their opinions on them.

What I'm looking for (but not necessarily deal-breakers):

- Ability to customize flows/checklists (I believe MCE does this)

- Ability to use my own voices such as Amazon Polly as opposed to just having default robotic sounding voices

- Easy-to-use interface but I do prefer something feature rich as similar to Pilot2ATC which I use instead of the default

I appreciate all comments in advance!

I find fs2crew excellent (a version for the CRJ has just been realized by the way), I haven't tested the other software you mention though. Would be nice if someone could chime in on the pros and cons of each.

Regarding your questions:

- Ability to customize flows/checklists (I believe MCE does this)

no apart from minor things like who retracts the flaps

- Ability to use my own voices such as Amazon Polly as opposed to just having default robotic sounding voices

no, but FS2Crew uses real people voices, so it's not robotic, except when reading numbers (such as heading or fuel on board)

- Easy-to-use interface but I do prefer something feature rich as similar to Pilot2ATC which I use instead of the default

it's easy

The voice commands work really well too.

Edited by Johnny Wyatt
  • Like 1

I use FS2Crew on all my flights. This flight from Gatwick to Edinburgh will show off FS2Crew in all its glory:-

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1439248831

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Great video @SierraHotel !!!

What are you using for AI traffic ?

What about ATC ? Is it default MFS ATC ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

31 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

I use FS2Crew on all my flights. This flight from Gatwick to Edinburgh will show off FS2Crew in all its glory:-

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1439248831

Quick off-topic comment here, but if you remove windows from your pop up taskbar in MSFS, you'll get at least 10FPS back. I only have ATC and FS2Crew as my icons in the pop up taskbar. If I fill it with everything, FPS drops by about 10. It's a glitch ASOBO hasn't fixed yet. Enjoy.

(Just toggle on a window you want to open when you need to use it, and untoggle it afterwards. It's more clicks, but more FPS during take-off and landing are more important anyway)

S9yFSvn.jpeg

VbxALDL.jpeg

Edited by WestAir
  • Like 3

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

7 hours ago, jcomm said:

Great video @SierraHotel !!!

What are you using for AI traffic ?

What about ATC ? Is it default MFS ATC ?

Hi mate, Ai traffic is AIG and Aerosoft Simple Traffic

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

7 hours ago, WestAir said:

Quick off-topic comment here, but if you remove windows from your pop up taskbar in MSFS, you'll get at least 10FPS back. I only have ATC and FS2Crew as my icons in the pop up taskbar. If I fill it with everything, FPS drops by about 10. It's a glitch ASOBO hasn't fixed yet. Enjoy.

(Just toggle on a window you want to open when you need to use it, and untoggle it afterwards. It's more clicks, but more FPS during take-off and landing are more important anyway)

S9yFSvn.jpeg

VbxALDL.jpeg

Thank you Sir, I'll give that a try.

I can heartily recommend Multicrew experience. Used it extensively in FSX and will be using it in MSFS as soon as the NG3 releases. 

Customizable procedures? Yes. I had it fully customized to use my company's actual procedures, checklists, and callouts.  It's COMPLETELY customizable.  

Addon voices?  Yes. 

Easy, standalone interface? Yes. 

Additionally what I like over FS2C (the only other I've tried, though admittedly a while ago) is that FS2C is dependent on understanding what phase of flight you're in, and this has to be managed to a certain extent, to make sure it understands where in the "script" you are.  MCE just works; it'll do anything you call for at any time. It's not really scripted. 

MCE support from the dev is also outstanding. 

• Upvote 4

Andrew Crowley

I 2nd MCE. The dev is awesome too, very helpful.

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

1 hour ago, Stearmandriver said:

FS2C is dependent on understanding what phase of flight you're in, and this has to be managed to a certain extent, to make sure it understands where in the "script" you are.  MCE just works; it'll do anything you call for at any time. It's not really scripted. 

Interesting. I used FS2Crew in the past but didn't like how it was the exact same everytime. Too obviously scripted. Got really boring after a few times. Like playing the same dvd every time. Is MCE less predictable...? 

Edited by tup61

2 hours ago, tup61 said:

Interesting. I used FS2Crew in the past but didn't like how it was the exact same everytime. Too obviously scripted. Got really boring after a few times. Like playing the same dvd every time. Is MCE less predictable...? 

In terms of responses? Yes. There are also settings to adjust how "off script" he'll go, so you can adjust it to anything from a perfectly standard FO who only utters the exact correct response every time, to something less formal with more variety, to almost a jokester.

Andrew Crowley

with your own TTS &  the parallel use of MCE and P2ATC/VoxATC, you can have the same copilot (PNF) "voice".

Edited by vadriver
not msfs
  • Like 1

for now, cheers

john martin

I tried both FS2Crew and MCE years ago, and, in my opinion, there is hardly any comparison. If you want a highly customizable product, MCE is what you need.

It is extremely adaptable, you need one product for all your fleet, can tailor-make your work flows to each of your plane, communicate (if you wish) with ATC, Cabin crew, Ground crew (including GSX when it becomes available).

As mentioned by others above, the support is second to none: Gerald and Ben are always ready to think out of the box to assist their customers in a friendly and efficient way. In addition, they are always eager to add more feature, new airplane as and when they are released, at no charge.

One of my best add-on buy for FSX, upgraded (for free) to P3D, and then MSFS (for free)... You don't find deals like that very often in this hobby!

Edited by Bernard Ducret
  • Like 1

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

I have both. MCE and FSCrew. MCE is much better recognizing also slightly different commands. It's highly customizable and the devs has excellent support. Also....you can use one product for many many planes.....huge benefit. 

The voices are great. Co Pilots even moan or nag if you want this turned on....(can be turned off also). You can add own new commands and bind keys as you like it. 

MCE is my preferred product.

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Sorry for the late reply to this thread everyone! I've been busy... Anyways, I will be going with MCE. With all the positive remarks made about it and the fact that it meets my personal needs, I will be trying the demo and definitely making a purchase (if all goes well.

Also, big thanks to @WestAir for the FPS tip!