Sign in to follow this  
PebbleBeach

FSDreamteam KLAS

Some years ago, I added the 3rd party update to FSDreamteam's KLAS which updated the airport to include Terminal 3. It worked for quite a long time. But last night I flew into KLAS and taxi'd to Terminal 3 to find double jetways. Yes I have AES for this airport and yes the jetway responded accordingly. I should mention the original Terminals did not have doubles as I witnessed taxiing past them. I also noticed flying into 01L I had no localizer or glideslope. Any help appreciated.

Mitch

Edited by PebbleBeach

19 hours ago, polosim said:

Deleted 

Yea I read your reply before you deleted it. Glad you re-read my comment becuase I made it quite clear it was a 3rd party addon adding Terminal 3. And yes it worked wonderfully before something changed. Perhaps something I did that caused it to change. So no, I have no interest in contacting FSDT for help. But thanks for playing.

Mitch

Hey Mitch,

Wondering if you don't have a conflict going on here with another scenery. Was it just terminal 3 showing duplicates? Or the entire airport? What happens if you delete the scenery entry, close Flight Sim, open Flight Sim, add KLAS again and leave it as the number 1 scenery, aka don't move it down, restart again and try a flight? For some reason I have the same issue with FSDT O'hare, and I have to keep it at the top of my scenery library. If I move it down anywhere, the default scenery bleeds through.

Edited by trioer

So I dont have AES but do have the mod for my FSDT KLAS and don't have any issues. Not really what you were asking for but a default installation seems to still work fine.

Greg

On 4/8/2022 at 4:28 PM, trioer said:

Hey Mitch,

Wondering if you don't have a conflict going on here with another scenery. Was it just terminal 3 showing duplicates? Or the entire airport? What happens if you delete the scenery entry, close Flight Sim, open Flight Sim, add KLAS again and leave it as the number 1 scenery, aka don't move it down, restart again and try a flight? For some reason I have the same issue with FSDT O'hare, and I have to keep it at the top of my scenery library. If I move it down anywhere, the default scenery bleeds through.

Trioer,
I will certainly try this. Thanks a bunch! 
Mitch

7 hours ago, gpeters said:

So I dont have AES but do have the mod for my FSDT KLAS and don't have any issues. Not really what you were asking for but a default installation seems to still work fine.

Greg

Greg,

Great to hear from you! How are you doing?

Thank you so much for responding. Yea its kind of weird. This issue only happens at Terminal 3 - the 3rd party addon. It worked flawlessly for the longest time which makes me think I created the issue, some way, some how, by installing a scenery completely irrelevant to this scenery. Anyway, what happens is AES drops its jetway overlapping the ones pre-built into Terminal 3. Again, it only happens at Terminal 3 and no where else in the scenery. Honestly, I can live with it. I was just hoping someone could "kick me in the head" and advise why "whatever I did" is the cause for this.

Thanks again for the reply,

Mitch

Good Mitch Thanks for asking!

The only problem I found looking around were some errant AI planes in the wrong spots so that is fixed now. I don't know anything about how AES works but it would seem something got inserted or changed. 

Looking forward to whatever you are cooking up as well!

Greg

Hey guys,

I moved FSDT KLAS to the top of my scenery as Trioer suggested. Didn't change anything. Still have AES jetways overlapping Terminal 3 (only) jetways.

A couple of things I've noticed................ First and foremost I should explain that these issues, related or not, all manifested themselves after doing a re-install of LevelD-767 a few months back. Prior to that none of these problems existed best to my recollection.

1.  Several of my airports now, freeware as well as payware, some of the runways in my CDU are no longer available. Makes no sense. I've always used Navigraph to update my databases monthly or when able. 

Here is an example..... So tonight I did a flight from KSLC to the FSDT KLAS. During flight I chose in the CDU arrival page Runway 26L. Now mind you, my CDU gave me the option to also choose Runway 25L. It should not have. 25L is what was released with the original FSDT scenery. But when the 3rd party Terminal 3 was released, the author, or someone else, updated the runways to show the new mag assignment at KLAS to 26L. Again, this worked before I re-installed Level-D. Ughhhh.

2. Another anomoly. First, I'm not sure how to interpret the main scenery.cfg file located in the FS9 main directory. But opening it and reviewing it leaves me baffled. The numbers do not correlate with what I see when I open the scenery settings within the FS9 program. 

For example, when I start FS9, and hit "escape and end flight" I go into my scenery settings. Once there, I witness my three top listings now, after Trioer's advice to move FSDT to the top are: 1-FSDT KLAS, 2-AES Basepack, 3-Magdec and so on. But looking at my Scenery.cfg file leaves me perplexed. Does'nt seem the same.

3. Same issue.... At my & David Rollins KJAX scenery we did for FS9. No longer do I have localizer or glide slope availability after choosing a runway. Same at KLAS and certain other airports.

I'm at a loss,

Mitch

I would try this tool in the Avsim library for scenery configurations Mitch.   sceneryconfigeditor.zip 

Works great and you can do all kinds of stuff like renumbering all layers and rebuilding the whole scenery.cfg.

It will also delete and all .dat files in your sceneries and then they will be rebuilt on the next startup. I have had issues that that fixed before. 

But it seems like something is on top or overwritting your scenery layers. Maybe in the Generic or World folders that would load first.. But that KLAS Approach stuff would normally go in the Generic/Scenery folder so maybe not.. 

Hello Mitch, I do not trust editing software with my scenery cfg. (I use notepad to edit mine)

I can see that something has gone wrong after scenery area/layer 111

Your area and layer should have the same number and follow the last area/layer sequentially......so after 111 should follow 112.

Go through all the sceneries and make sure all area/layers numbers are the same at the same time follow the last area/layer sequentially......so after 111 should follow 112.....looking further than 111 it just becomes a mess.

AES should always be your last layer.

If you ever add another scenery ALWAYS check the scenery cfg to make sure it is tickety-boo.

FWIW You may use FSPanelStudio for your panel cfg. You have to be careful with it.....again I never save any panel cfg with FSPS I edit the panel cfg manually because it can do all sorts of strange things.

I tell FSimmers everything you add to your SIM is designed to bugger it up....so check/doublecheck after every single add-on. 

Edited by edetroit

9 hours ago, edetroit said:

Hello Mitch, I do not trust editing software with my scenery cfg. (I use notepad to edit mine)

I can see that something has gone wrong after scenery area/layer 111

Your area and layer should have the same number and follow the last area/layer sequentially......so after 111 should follow 112.

Go through all the sceneries and make sure all area/layers numbers are the same at the same time follow the last area/layer sequentially......so after 111 should follow 112.....looking further than 111 it just becomes a mess.

AES should always be your last layer.

If you ever add another scenery ALWAYS check the scenery cfg to make sure it is tickety-boo.

FWIW You may use FSPanelStudio for your panel cfg. You have to be careful with it.....again I never save any panel cfg with FSPS I edit the panel cfg manually because it can do all sorts of strange things.

I tell FSimmers everything you add to your SIM is designed to bugger it up....so check/doublecheck after every single add-on. 

Ed,

Thank you for that well written reply.

Two things jump out right away that are of concern.

1. AES specifically advises that it should be the very top scenery layer while you advise it should be last.

2. Oh dear. Yes I was using FSPanel Studio. In fact I was using it exclusively in positioning the HUD you and I were working on. Ironic eh? This is exactly when things started acting up causing me to have to reinstall LevelD. What had happened was certain runways had disappeared within the CDU database as well as stars & sids. I assumed something got screwed up in LevelD hence the reinstall. Reinstall fixed nothing. Here is example of what I was experiencing. At David and I's KJAX we had upgraded the runway numbering to reflect the current mag heading for runway 7/25 - changed to current 8/26. Worked perfectly up until time mentioned above. Certain sids were gone. Selecting runway 08 no longer drew the runway line on the EHSI. Nor was there any ILS information or signal to tune. However it showed the old 7/25 in the CDU. Have had this happen at many other places such as most recently at KLAS. 

This very much sounds like the aftermath of using Panel Studio. What to do now....... Some things I've done more recently. Ran makerunway program. Current navigraph subscription updates.

I will address the scenery.cfg entries as you suggest. Other than that????

Michael

7 hours ago, PebbleBeach said:

1. AES specifically advises that it should be the very top scenery layer while you advise it should be last.

Top scenery layer and last in your scenery cfg (if opened with notepad) is the same thing.

As I said if I add scenery I do it manually to my scenery cfg. That way you know exactly what is going on....and of course it is easy make sure AES is last (highest area/layer number) in your scenery cfg.

7 hours ago, PebbleBeach said:

2. Oh dear. Yes I was using FSPanel Studio. In fact I was using it exclusively in positioning the HUD you and I were working on.

That is what FSPS should be used for......postioning but DON'T SAVE IT.

Open the panel cfg with notepad and manually insert the positions you see in FSPS.

Trust me.....you will save yourself a lot of hair.

The reason is that FSPS erases things it shouldn't ...a bit like Afcad 221 does. (Afcad 221 erases exclusions from afcads which is why one should use ADE now)

regards

Ed

15 hours ago, edetroit said:

That is what FSPS should be used for......postioning but DON'T SAVE IT.

Open the panel cfg with notepad and manually insert the positions you see in FSPS.

Trust me.....you will save yourself a lot of hair.

The reason is that FSPS erases things it shouldn't ...a bit like Afcad 221 does. (Afcad 221 erases exclusions from afcads which is why one should use ADE now)

Yea unfortunately I wish I had known this back then because I was saving the changes through FSPS.

Now what to do.....

Michael

10 minutes ago, PebbleBeach said:

Yea unfortunately I wish I had known this back then because I was saving the changes through FSPS.

Now what to do.....

Michael

Your main problem is your scenery cfg. Have you got them all in order yet?