Sign in to follow this  
waltpop

Aerosoft CRJ700 CDU flightplan

Created a flight plan in Navigraph. Saved and exported it to MSFS2020. It saved and is in the list. I start MSFS2020, Select the CRJ700, select load flight plan and load it. When I select flight plan on the CDU there is nothing loaded. When I select legs in the CDU empty fields, so it seems as if the flight plan selected in the world screen, is not getting loaded into the CRJ CDU. Any ideas why this is happening? As always,  Thanks Walt

Walt Popowski

Flightplans have to be entered manually into the CRJ's FMS. What you did, loading the flightplan into MSFS, will help the ATC know where you're going but that's it.

Although I do think the CRJ will load flightplans from Simbrief. I don't use that so don't know exactly how it's done.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Thanks "26". I'll give simbrief a go and see if that puts it in the CRJ700 CDU. Good chance it just might work. Thanks Walt

Walt Popowski

Flight Plans for the CRJ are best done with SimBrief. Then, you use the SimBrief downloader app to directly load it into the CRJ.

On the EFB of the CRJ, be sure to check the options so that the perf data (winds etc) are loaded, and the SID/STAR if you want that too.

To retrieve the Flight Plan on the CRJ once it has been loaded by the SimBrief app, it's in INDEX > ROUTE MENU.

• Like 1

You can load flight plans from simbrief very easy to do.

You look up on there list of aircraft to DL the plan or better use there Download app.

Once you DL the flight plan for MSFS if you want to use ATC and DL the CRJ version of the flight plan. Use the APP

Within the CRJ use the FMS to going the flight plan page and enter in the in the left hand side, second row, I think it might be called XXXX route (forgot name) enter e.g if you flight is from EGLL to EGNX, in the line I said all you do is enter EGLLEGNX (no spacers) and exe.

Job done, its that easy, you will have to check it and might need to goto DEP/APR and enter you runway and STAR.

TIP: Never click the spots at an airport for a gate or parking stop, it will kill the downloaded route. Always use the drop down window to select your starting gate/parking spot.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Thank you will give it a try. I did do a flight plan in Simbrief so will see if it puts it in the cdu. Again, Thank You. Walt

Walt Popowski

I've been manually inputting by doing my FP on the World Map, then bring up the NAVLOG after inputting depart/arrive ICAO and departure runways, but I cheat a bit by eliminating sequential waypoints when they are fairly well aligned.  So if the WM generates a plan with 18 waypoints using high alt airways this will get culled down to maybe 5 or so.  Doesn't take long and it's a chance to make sure discontinuities are resolved etc.  I've had flawless gate to gates using this approach.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Loading a flight plan from SimBrief into the CRJ works for me only if I first go to POS INIT and copy-paste the FMS POS to SET POS.   Then, I go to the FPLN page and enter the departure and arrival airports codes as one word into the ROUTE field (e.g. KPHLKBOS) and press EXEC.   Works every time I remember the first step!