Sign in to follow this  
Krakin

[08APR22] PMDG 737 for MSFS Developer Update

Would PMDG introduce bundle discounts? 

So if you already bought the -700 would the -800 be discounted?

10 minutes ago, bigifooti said:

Would PMDG introduce bundle discounts? 

So if you already bought the -700 would the -800 be discounted?

No discounts for additional variants will be available, except if you have the P3D version, which will give you $100 in credits that you can spend on any MSFS 737 variant. 

21 minutes ago, petz_e said:

No discounts for additional variants will be available, except if you have the P3D version, which will give you $100 in credits that you can spend on any MSFS 737 variant.

I believe that this statement is a bit too broad. A credit became available to those who purchased the then-new 737NGXu for P3D v4 directly from PMDG. I also believe (someone please check me on this) that this offer was time-limited in that it required that the purchase be made prior to the end of 2019 or something like that. See

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/27037-08nov19-someone-is-wrong-on-the-internet-help-us-fix-them

Mr Randazzo's posting in 2019 turned out to be a bit premature, because at the time the 737NGXu sold for $99, while he anticipated that the price for the new MSFS addon would be something like $139. While the price of the new model hasn't yet been announced, it certainly sounds like it will be significantly less than $99, so the $99 credit will exceed that amount. I believe that the current situation is that if you hold the credit, it can be used for PMDG products for MSFS up to that amount.

This is so complex, I'm probably wrong in some detail here, but this being AVSIM, I'm sure I'll be corrected. In any case, people who have a P3D version other than the 737NGXu, purchased it somewhere other than the PMDG store, or outside of a specific time window, are probably out of luck.

😄

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

12 minutes ago, jrw4 said:

I believe that this statement is a bit too broad. A credit became available to those who purchased the then-new 737NGXu for P3D v4 directly from PMDG. I also believe (someone please check me on this) that this offer was time-limited in that it required that the purchase be made prior to the end of 2019 or something like that. See

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/27037-08nov19-someone-is-wrong-on-the-internet-help-us-fix-them

Mr Randazzo's posting in 2019 turned out to be a bit premature, because at the time the 737NGXu sold for $99, while he anticipated that the price for the new MSFS addon would be something like $139. While the price of the new model hasn't yet been announced, it certainly sounds like it will be significantly less than $99, so the $99 credit will exceed that amount. I believe that the current situation is that if you hold the credit, it can be used for PMDG products for MSFS up to that amount.

This is so complex, I'm probably wrong in some detail here, but this being AVSIM, I'm sure I'll be corrected. In any case, people who have a P3D version other than the 737NGXu, purchased it somewhere other than the PMDG store, or outside of a specific time window, are probably out of luck.

😄

It was not and is not time limited.  Everyone expected it to be released in a few months not a few years which has added somewhat to people's impatience.  To be fair to Robert he produces a great product and is 100%  honest which is more than can be said for some Developers.  

Edited by harrry

Harry Woodrow

One small positive for those who are electing to wait for the 800, your first-time PMDG jet experience in MSFS will very probably come with one more of these additions: a new EFB, enhanced LNAV, new higher resolution cabins, even more detailed modelling elsewhere, etc :).. as these new additions are all planned to be pushed out for free within the first 24 weeks after the release of the 700.

• Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

5 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

as these new additions are all planned to be pushed out for free within the first 24 weeks after the release of the 700.

given the price of PMDG products, these updates should be free. 😉

spacer.png

1 hour ago, harrry said:

It was not and is not time limited.

Correct. It was not time limited with regard to redemption, but rather with respect to the purchase window, which was late in 2019 if I recall correctly. I don't believe that purchases made outside that window will qualify for the credit.

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

2 hours ago, Boomer said:

given the price of PMDG products, these updates should be free. 😉

They are free

• Like 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

28 minutes ago, jrw4 said:

Correct. It was not time limited with regard to redemption, but rather with respect to the purchase window, which was late in 2019 if I recall correctly. I don't believe that purchases made outside that window will qualify for the credit.

Yes, that is true if you buy the pmdg one today you will not get a credit.

Harry Woodrow

Bump for the to soon be the best plane (airliner) that MSFS or any other simulator has ever seen. Followed by Leonardo Maddog X June and Fenix in September just my guess.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Upvote 1

After listening to the podcast the other night, I was hoping we’d see some videos this weekend. Or at least that’s how I interpreted it around the 24 minute mark. Really looking forward to it!

• Like 1

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

Yes the credit was only for Nov/Dec 19 purchases. I rarely flew the 737 as I am a mid to long haul guy. Maybe I'll just wait for the 777 next year as honestly FBW is more fun and I'm not really pumped as I used to be for PMDG stuff. Guess I got PMDG fatigue with all the silly decisions they make.

Edited by VBHB

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

On 4/10/2022 at 9:41 AM, Abriael said:

overdramatizing

That's the word describing this community best for quite a long time 😉

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Just as heads up, during today's stream, Chewwy has stated that with high propability he will be able to live stream 737 this week. 

• Like 7