Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Wyatt

FSDG new airports Africa

FSDG has released two new airports, Enfidha and Accra. https://fsdg-online.com/

I really like their scenery locations out of the usual Europe / USA / Australia, but unfortunately their pricing is high while the quality seems borderline MSFS, probably more like P3D era.

Still on the verge about their Seychelles scenery notably.

14 minutes ago, Johnny Wyatt said:

FSDG has released two new airports, Enfidha and Accra. https://fsdg-online.com/

I really like their scenery locations out of the usual Europe / USA / Australia, but unfortunately their pricing is high while the quality seems borderline MSFS, probably more like P3D era.

Still on the verge about their Seychelles scenery notably.

I agree, their MSFS scenery is vastly overpriced. They also almost never go on sale, so I have no idea how they maintain themselves. E.g. Cape Town, probably the most "interesting" one, is really "average" all over the place and gained almost no traction.

The problem may be third party scenery dev`s have used data from existing scenery and most are now only developing for MSFS from scratch, and have dropped developing for other sims all cost is now on MSFS development. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

There's a serious quality and price mismatch with FSDG, unfortunately. It was an issue for some of their stuff even in P3D, but for MSFS these prices are simply delusional.

I say that with no pleasure -- especially as I want to see more African and Asian airports and scenery -- but you just can't justify these prices. I'd love to know the thinking behind *increasing* their prices with MSFS when even a cursory glance at the market would tell them they should have been doing the opposite...

Their scenery Seychelles is $30+ ? 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

8 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

I agree, their MSFS scenery is vastly overpriced. They also almost never go on sale, so I have no idea how they maintain themselves. E.g. Cape Town, probably the most "interesting" one, is really "average" all over the place and gained almost no traction.

Yes ,  Cape Town is average and with issues , even after an update. Dumped the scenery , just using the default MSFS now.

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ