Sign in to follow this  
Bernard Ducret

Flysimware Chancellor released (Beta)

1 hour ago, CaptainNick said:

Been running just fine using the normal method of setting my throttle and prop for climb, trimming the aircraft to maintain the desired speed then engage. You have to aviate yourself first....

Same here.  Do regular pilot stuff upon takeoff and set up a climb with airspeed equal to or slightly greater than what you have IAS set to, then engage IAS and either HDG or NAV mode to taste.  If you are below the speed that you've dialed in for IAS she will dive down to reach that airspeed which will result in higher utilization of sick sacks by the pax.

• Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

I usually set initial A/P VS to 1000'/minute and accelerate to desired climb speed of 140 or 150 KTS thin select IAS assuming there are no obstacles. The extra speed in the real world keeps the nose lower so forward vis is better and keeps more air flowing over the engine for cooling on a warm day.

I've always liked IAS in the climb - I flew a Saab 340 for several years and as climb performance up higher could be less than great at times IAS kept you out of trouble. Works great in the 414 too.

I am also having no issues with the IAS function on the A/P. I got the newest update downloaded last night, and conducting my first flight as I type. I took off from KAPA Denver Centennial, headed to KTEX Telluride. Departed RWY 17R, made my turn towards my flight plan GPS direction, settled in a climb at 151 kts, kicked on the A/P and IAS and off she climbed to my preset cruise altitude of 20,500 ft. No problems. Cruising over the Rockies right now 😉 

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

12 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Just tried again, and still getting a failed download at the 5 minute mark.. which is around 1 GB down, and .15 GB to go..

Not impressed!

Ugh sorry to hear Bert.  It was sporadic for me.  First it didn't download, then eventually it did download.  Then, when I installed, it failed at the authorization part -- and sent me to the offline authentication page -- then THAT too failed.  Eventually after about 3 tries it installed ok.

Then it was time for bed.

I haven't had a chance to fly the new version yet.   Centennial to KTEX sounds mighty nice.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

26 minutes ago, Mace said:

I haven't had a chance to fly the new version yet.   Centennial to KTEX sounds mighty nice.

Just landed at KTEX. Was a nice flight in the 414W, and everything regarding the A/P worked properly for me. I landed on RWY 9 at KTEX, which only has a localizer, so I could not test the glideslope function. But, flight and approach all worked smoothly. I should mention that I am using the TDS GTNXi.

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

31 minutes ago, Mace said:

Ugh sorry to hear Bert.  It was sporadic for me.  First it didn't download, then eventually it did download.  Then, when I installed, it failed at the authorization part -- and sent me to the offline authentication page -- then THAT too failed.  Eventually after about 3 tries it installed ok.

Then it was time for bed.

Good to hear it finally works. I dealt with the failed authorization deal a couple times and then just ended up getting in a CJ4 flight and figured I would try again this evening. Anxious to give 1.6.2 a whirl. 

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

1 hour ago, sniper31 said:

I am also having no issues with the IAS function on the A/P. I got the newest update downloaded last night, and conducting my first flight as I type. I took off from KAPA Denver Centennial, headed to KTEX Telluride. Departed RWY 17R, made my turn towards my flight plan GPS direction, settled in a climb at 151 kts, kicked on the A/P and IAS and off she climbed to my preset cruise altitude of 20,500 ft. No problems. Cruising over the Rockies right now 😉 

My kind of flight! I don’t have the 414 yet, but from the way it’s coming along, looks like a must buy. Could really use a fast twin in the hangar too. What  kind of cruise speeds are you seeing? 240-250 at 12,000? I’ll be coming into KTEX later from the west, currently at KGCN. Doing FSE assignments in the Kodiak.

27 minutes ago, NismoRR said:

240-250 at 12,000

Looking at more like 150, 160 IAS. Your talking King Air stuff there if that. IAS of course.

Edited by Adrian123

1 hour ago, NismoRR said:

240-250 at 12,000? I’ll be coming into KTEX later from the west, currently at KGCN. Doing FSE assignments in the Kodiak.

It’s a turbocharged, pressurized twin…the last thing she wants to do is be hanging out at 12,000 feet. Really wants to be in the flight levels. Depending on winds you are looking at 160ish kias at cruise power settings up there, which is what 220ish ground speed

Works great in FSE, been flying her since day one of early access on there. 

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

1 hour ago, Adrian123 said:

Looking at more like 150, 160 IAS. Your talking King Air stuff there if that. IAS of course.

When talking about the speed of any aircraft in terms of performance it is never IAS, always TAS. TAS is the actual speed of the aircraft through the air. IAS relates to the pressure of air at the pitot tube, which is the defining metric for the plane's structural limits, but decreases with altitude and is not a good comparative indicator of speed. 

Add or subtract tail or head wind from TAS gives Ground Speed GS, the actual speed of the plane over the ground (i.e. how quickly you get from A to B) 

• Like 1

Intel i7-10700K @ 4.7 GHz | Nvidia RTX 3070 FE | 32GB DDR4 RAM 

48 minutes ago, CaptainNick said:

It’s a turbocharged, pressurized twin…the last thing she wants to do is be hanging out at 12,000 feet. Really wants to be in the flight levels. Depending on winds you are looking at 160ish kias at cruise power settings up there, which is what 220ish ground speed

Works great in FSE, been flying her since day one of early access on there. 

Appreciate that. Was just curious at similar altitude of where I might run the Kodiak what I might expect in the 414 as far as speed. I’ve been running the Kodiak at 10-12,000 lately, GS 170-175. With a massive tailwind I had to throttle down a bit to stay under 200. Where's the sweet spot on the 414? FL200+? Do you approach 250 ground speed up there? (Average wind) 

30 minutes ago, psychedelic_tortilla said:

TAS is the actual speed of the aircraft through the air. IAS relates to the pressure of air at the pitot tube

And there is very little difference. Specially at lower altitudes.So my numbers are accurate enough.

2 minutes ago, NismoRR said:

Appreciate that. Was just curious at similar altitude of where I might run the Kodiak what I might expect in the 414 as far as speed. I’ve been running the Kodiak at 10-12,000 lately, GS 170-175. With a massive tailwind I had to throttle down a bit to stay under 200. Where's the sweet spot on the 414? FL200+? Do you approach 250 ground speed up there? (Average wind) 

Hey Nismo,14,000 ft on up is where she starts to hit her stride.

It's an honest 200-220 mph true aircraft in the flight levels.

20k is about as high as I fly it but I've had it to 26k.

I've seen ground speeds as high as 270kts with some kicking tail winds.

16 minutes ago, NismoRR said:

Im averaging probably 220ish in the low to mid 20's at close to 40gph with a full load of pax and say 90 gallons loaded. I find the 200-260 mile legs are perfect for it as that allows it enough time to climb that high and get a good amount of time in cruise. Been flying it out of KGWO alot as my boy Tveo has setup a ton of FBO's in that network (hundreds of green jobs there) in that distance range. It works fine for shorter hops too but I tend to do 1-1.5 hour legs in it. but thats personal preference for FSE.

• Like 1

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor