Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

SWS Van's RV-14 released!

How do you remove the copilot?  Changing the Fuel/Loading screen does not "stick".

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Beware of the latest update... supposedly to fix animation issues for the TDSNXI version.. which is the one I use.

After the update, my flaps controls do not work any more... I kept a copy of the original which I am going back to.

Bert

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

It's on at the right lower corner of PFD

I mean, what I write "I am missing EGT/CHT for all 4 cylinders (for leaning) ", not one cylinder.

Achim

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

How do you remove the copilot?  Changing the Fuel/Loading screen does not "stick".

I think it's an SWS thing. It's an irritation in their Zenith. Treat it like a pre flight "Sorry love, not today. Maybe some other time"

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

41 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

I think it's an SWS thing. It's an irritation in their Zenith. Treat it like a pre flight "Sorry love, not today. Maybe some other time"

OK... how do I boot this guy?

The SWS Kodiak does not have this animated passenger..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Bert:  

I believe you need to enter "000" for the weight of the copilot.

Mike

• Upvote 1

Mike Ricamato

3 hours ago, fl95 said:

I mean, what I write "I am missing EGT/CHT for all 4 cylinders (for leaning) ", not one cylinder.

Achim

Oh I see

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

7 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

OK... how do I boot this guy?

The SWS Kodiak does not have this animated passenger..

On the Kodiak the co-pilot is absent by default, on this one they are present by default. 

Simply remove the weight from the station_load.1 line of the flight_model.cfg and he/she will never appear. 

I much prefer the default to be no co-pilot (such as with the Just Flight Arrows) and always alter the flight_model cfg from every addon as soon as I get it. Personally I think they should always be absent by default. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, jpe828 said:

In the Kodiak, that Standby instrument killed my frames. I always pull the breaker. 

You're right ... I switched off Standby instrument and my frame rate has been returned stable at 30fps (fixed at 30 fps)

Thanks for the help!

Edited by ilpagaia
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ilpagaia said:

You're right ... I switched off Standby instrument and my frame rate has been returned stable at 30fps (fixed at 30 fps)

Thanks for the help!

There is a fix on their  Discord for substituting another standby instrument for the Kodiak one, and you will regain your FPS. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Any one else notice the strobe light on the tail is not "connected" to it? When you turn the rudder the tail strobe stays in a fixed position

https://imgur.com/a/FfVIILW

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| i9-9900k | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200Mhz | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

On 4/13/2022 at 2:19 PM, Mets737 said:

Any one else notice the strobe light on the tail is not "connected" to it? When you turn the rudder the tail strobe stays in a fixed position

https://imgur.com/a/FfVIILW

V1.1 is reported as having fixed this.

Bert

@Bert Pieke I have installed the update and it seems that it still has the issue. I'm waiting for a response on the discord server from them about it. thanks for the heads up as well!

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| i9-9900k | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200Mhz | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

Has anyone come across a change log for the update that was just released?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

Has anyone come across a change log for the update that was just released?

It's in the package you downloaded

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.