Sign in to follow this  
qqwertz

CaptainSim Hercules C-130 released

2 minutes ago, Manny said:

I was so excited was going go buy it! Then I came here. 😛

You don't have to come here to know anything for MSFS by CS is a complete waste of time unless you're willing to pay money to fly a shell.  Of course not to dampen the great work 3rd party devs have done to do what CS should be doing right off the bat....they get zero dollars and yet CS is scamming users on a daily bases.

I am surprised though. thought the 757 would be next. 🙄  With the C-130 out....maybe the B-52 will be next (with no VC of course).

LOL...here is the 1st post in the C-130 forum at CS, by CS:

..."Captains,
Some of you are probably surprised to see the "C-130 Captain Exterior" package released without a flyable virtual cockpit."

No.....no we're not surprised at all....we are surprised though that this time you couldn't find a way to spin a slick marketing phrase to imply that it's a fully modeled C-130 to lure unsuspecting simmers to buy it, then come complaining in your forums that they didn't understand what the marketing hype actually meant. 

No bother though....I think they'll get so few sales of it (for being honest this time) that they'll resort to trickery on the next release because...well...they're CS and we expect no less. 😂

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Another “Priceless” comment on the CS forum - “You missed the opportunity to call it LACKheed C-130”

• Like 6

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

True cockpit builder airplane ! LOL

• Like 3

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Just another unbelievable CS stunt.
On the other hand, look at how many people fly these MSFS airplanes out of the cockpit, I really don't know which one is more outrageous. 
Unreal! 😂

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

5 minutes ago, LRBS said:
Just another unbelievable CS stunt.
On the other hand, look at how many people fly these MSFS airplanes out of the cockpit, I really don't know which one is more outrageous. 
Unreal! 😂

I have never tried to fly any aircraft in a sim out of the cockpit, I just don't get it. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

What next, a plane without wings?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, LRBS said:
Unreal! 😂

I think you nailed it! The third-person view simmers! If this sells well, this may be a marketing trend specifically for these folks who fly from the outside. Perhaps CS did a marketing survey. Who knows, time will tell on this one!

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

What a joke, is this for real?

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

33 minutes ago, tangerine said:

think CS were one of the first to start selling payware aircraft as modules, back in the day for FS2004 or so.

They were! I remember it even after all these years.
I was young and stupid back in the FS2004 days (just stupid now, lol).  They started the infamous "Block" system when 2 companies were competing to get the 1st 757 to 2004 market.  Sadly I bought into it.

CS was working on a 767 at the time, but since the LDS 767 was already out and highly popular, they saw the writing on the wall.  They had lotsa' pretty images of the 767 on their site, and it did look good (they always had a great exterior modeler).  What they didn't have was a systems/avionics/FMC coder.

Soooo....they had a brilliant (and deceptive) idea.  They musta been working on the 757 exterior model because literally overnight, all the 767 marketing stuff was replaced with 757 stuff....including a pretty exterior model...a "shell" in other words  (shell.....see where this is going?) 

They started hyping it big time, saying the model was almost done, the sounds not far behind, the flight model just a few months away....etc.  Enter the "Block" system.

1. Block A - the exterior shell.  Buy it and link it to the default 737 in fs2004 and you'll have a 757 that flys and sounds like the default 737 (Hmmm....seems they are now doing that in MSFS?)
  2. Block B- at this point i can't remember the specific order they came out in...but C,D,E were things like "some" systems, sounds, flight model, connect to an iPad, etc.

The final block....block F was the avionics and FMC.

They only had Block A essentially ready when they did the bum rush to beat the others to market (I think it was LDS and Phoenix---now BBS), and needless to say, they conned a lot of folks away from those other devs (true LDS never release theirs sadly), and about 2 years and a new platform later (FSX) they finally came out with the FMC. 
In the process...they made an announcement that they were cancelling all FS2004 dev work for the shiny new FSX, including the 757 Block system...and would move it to FSX.   You can imagine it caused an uproar even greater than their recent brilliant idea to pull painter's liveries off flightsim.to and threated to sue them.  They eventually capitulated and finished it for 2004, but then never supported it as all support for FS2004 ended as well (not they ever supported a product once the next shiny new one came out...a trait they exhibit to this day.)

CS has been a sham company IMO ever since then, and every release (except maybe the 767 for P3d and the L1011) were junk in my opinion, and completely abandoned when the next project arrived.

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

7 minutes ago, Doering said:

And now the question is  - Will it be coming to XBox and the Marketplace?

I'm waiting to see one of those " Downloading now" posts. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310